Joining the SSX in FFXI

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Joining the SSX in FFXI

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:45 pm

Inquisitor
This is mostly for existing SSX members. All exisiting SSX members are welcome to join us here, regardless of whether I personally know you ;)

Anyway, I have answered the same questions on IRC a couple times, so this is just a summary of some of hte answers.

Getting and paying for the game
The US Play Online site is:
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

The Euro one is:
http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/index.shtml

These sites will give you information on payment options.

There currently is no free trial download, though some US players get a "buddy pass." The core game itself shouldn't cost more than 30 bucks including two expansions. I have not seen a bundle with all 3 expansions yet.

The game costs 12~15$ a month, depending on currency conversion rates. I believe your first month is free.

Additional characters cost an additional $1 a month. THe job system doesn't make additional characters necessary to try new stuff though, but that is another thread.

The game is available for the PS2, Xbox360 and PC.

Expansions

There are three total expansions:

Rise of Zilart- This is the original expansion, raise level cap to 75 and added a bunch of advanced jobs and end game content. You cannot buy the game in the US without this expansions.

Chains of Promathia- No new jobs, but tones of new areas and items, including many level capped areas that let groups fight together regardless of their max level.

Treasures of Aht Urhgan- This is the newest expansion, its added mostly level 60+ content with a whole new continent and alot of new game types. it also added three new jobs; Corsair, Puppetmaster and Blue Mage. These new jobs are all unlocakbale by level 30 characters. If you are a slow leveller, or don't care about trying these jobs, you don;t need this expansion (yet).

Getting in game
We play on the "Asura" server. Before you create your character, we need to get you a world pass (a string of numbers that we have to purchase in game) to allow you to create a character on Asura.

Euro and US players can and do play on the same server (along with Japanese players), but we have to invite you with a world pass.

PS2, Xbox360 and PC players all play together.

Non-SSX people looking to join
We're going to go with the standard "Two people meet you and vouch for you" till we figure out any formal recruiting guidelines. New people who want to join NEED to register on the forums and have some clue what they are getting into. So, look around, read stuff, say hi.
Last edited by Inquisitor on Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:14 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Should I magically transform this into a page for the website? :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:50 pm

Inquisitor
If you so desire :)
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:48 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Finally got around to finishing this now we have new members coming. Tis on the website, sorry for the delay.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:32 pm

Eolas
As usual lots of help SSX style - thanks to Inquisitor for the stickied info, Anubis and also Blackdove who answered many of my questions on mIRC.

Hope to see ya soon ingame!
"Do unto others what you have them do to you" - Jesus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:18 am

Plovske
seems like i will be join anyway, together with arche :)
enjoy!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:49 am

Komfort
thinking about getting FF too, my only concern is the monthly payment, if it can be done via internetbank or gamecard (like WoW) since i don't got any creditcard.. anyway, i will look into it, and maybe i'll see you guys in-game in the future :]
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy and paste me to your signature so i can spread.

Return to “Final Fantasy”