Promyvion-Holla ~ 7/1 @ 10 AM EST

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Promyvion-Holla ~ 7/1 @ 10 AM EST

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:39 pm

Eriyalle
What: Promyvion-Holla

When: Saturday, July 1 at 10 AM EST (boss fight), 8 AM EST for anima farming (HP set in Jeuno please)

Where: Meet Holla Crag Shattered Spire (La Theine Plateau)

REQUIREMENTS
  • 30 cap gear
  • 2 anima (minimum per person please hysteroanima, terroanima, or psychoanima)
  • 4 poison potions (per boss fight, all jobs but whm)
  • 4 holy water (per boss fight, all jobs)
  • hi-potions (4 tank, 4 close range melee, 2 ranged melee and mages)
  • yagudo drinks (3 mages), hi-ethers if applicable (smn or blm only)
  • echo drops (if silence makes you unhappy bring a stack)
  • appropriate food for your job
  • ::NO AU LAITS WILL BE PERMITTED FOR HOLLA, MAGES WILL FORGET REGEN::
Those interested in attending please reply with the following information:
  • Do you need this crag or just want to run along to help?
  • What jobs do you have available for 30 cap?
  • Would you want to meet early (8 AM EST) to farm some anima prior?
    Farming will be subject to interest. 8 AM is early for me. XD I really would like all coming to have at least 2 anima though, it will make the fights so much easier.
We all love the promyvions so no explanation needed, eh? *wink*

For those not familiar with the promyvions, let me break down the requirements list. Please note these requirements are Promyvion-Holla specific. While some of them cross over to the other promyvions, others do not.

Anima
Anima are required because they have great debuff effects against the boss and help us win. Hysteroanima prevent the boss from using any TP special attacks for a short period of time, Psychoanima prevent the boss from using regular attacks for a short period of time, and terroanima prevents all attacks by causing the boss to self-kite for a short period of time. As these are each rare/ex, we ask that those coming please bring at least 2 so we will have a variety of them to use in each boss battle.

Wreaker Special Attacks
The Holla boss has some particularly nasty special attacks. One of its 3 signature moves is an AOE curse/sleep. Those participating bring poison potions so they can stay awake on the job, and holy water so they can cure their own curse, keeping the whm focused on more important tasks like healing. No au laits are used for this battle, and the regen spell is forgotten because they negate the effects of the poison potions and everyone will happily sleep to death.

Hi-pots / Yag Drinks
Hi-pots and yag drinks are required so everyone lives. The bosses can hit very hard, add the fact you are poisoned to stay awake, and the mages need to cure you to live but at a balance so that they dont pull the enmity onto themselves. Using hi-pots serves 2 purposes. In an emergency (youre hit orange or lower), it saves you while the mage is mid-cast as well as giving you more enmity to balance out the cure the mage is casting. The yagudo drinks are simply so the mages retain enough MP throughout the fight for everyone to survive. With my typical strategy the fights average 7-9 minutes, so usually 2 yagudo drinks are used per boss fight.

Echo Drops
While not needed for the boss fight, many of the mobs on the run up have an AOE silence attack. As we have to run in a tight group, it is highly recommended all jobs which are hurt by silence bring a stack of echo drops since it is very likely the entire party/alliance will be hit by the AOE.

Holla Scouts
LordAnubis ~ war/mnk

Heavy Artillery
Eriyalle ~ whm, rng, nin, blm, smn (possible appearance as Fawntine whm, rng, smn)

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thankies!

~e

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:24 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Need the Crag. Will be WAR/MNK, no other jobs available at that level, and I would be up for meeting earlier to farm anima :thumb:

Question though. I see 'per boss fight' a couple of times. How many boss fights are there in that Promy? Probably better for me to find out than come with too many/too few poison potions and holy water :)

Oh, and where would we be meeting for anima farming? Knowing only as much about them as you've posted I have no idea where we'll be farming :blank:
Last edited by Anubis on Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:01 pm

BlackDove
Need the Crag, will be there unless life threatning situations persist.

SAM/WAR will be what I go as.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:56 pm

Inquisitor
I am moving back into my house, I may not have internet back online by then.
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:47 pm

Pixistix
Question though. I see 'per boss fight' a couple of times. How many boss fights are there in that Promy? Probably better for me to find out than come with too many/too few poison potions and holy water
Eri has a habbit of taking like 30 people up the spire and then doing like 27 fights until everyone wins.

:lol: Looks like this is going to be a light run with maybe one party. Bring enough supplies for 2 tries at the boss. If we wipe and people still have some animas/2-hours we'll try it again.

For anima farming: There are things called recollections, two types drop in each spire, and each spire has one that is more common than the other. In times past we've met in Jeuno and teleported crag to crag farming them. Once you have all three recollections, you go back to Jeuno and a guy there makes them into animas for you (he also requires a 2K fee). It's a good idea to set your hp in Jeuno and bring a Warp scroll :).

I'm going to try to make the promy, but since it starts at 7:00am my time, I'm not going to be on earlier for farming. I will go get my animas some time this week.[/quote]
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:12 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Right, cool. Thanks Pixi. I will buy enough for 2 bosses tomorrow when I visit Jeuno again. And muchos gracias for the info on animas, I thought they were mob drops lol :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:23 pm

Pixistix
:) I thought so too the first time we tried. They are kind of a pain, but totally worth the effort. One makes the boss run in circles, one acts like a Stun, and one makes it use it's special attackes without effect.
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:15 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Ok, so far out of the reqs I have:

My current lvl 27 gear

0 anima (going to get them when farming)

12 poison potions (yeowch, they were expensive :blank: )

0 holy water (will be buying when I see some on AH)

4 hi-potions

0 yagudo drinks (do I need? I see mages mentioned in the post. Dont know what they do)

12 echo drops

Meat Jerky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:51 pm

Eriyalle
You won't need any yagudo drinks (Yagudo drinks give you MP refresh for a certain amount of time), and I can share holy water with you Anubis. I have extra already.

I'll be working my connections to do what I can to pull this together.

I was going to postpone and reschedule but seeing the activity here I'd hate to do that to Anubis and BD. I'll be on at 8 AM for the anima farming, if we all get 2 or 3 early before the 10 AM start time I may need to afk until 9:45 AM to work... yea, I said it.. work. Then as soon as we're done I'm going to log out and work some more. >.< Working late on Friday, too, but hopefully getting to bed early. This will be my fun for the weekend.

If Pixi can make the fight as whm.. hmmm... and Ty as the main tank then repeaters will just need to go twice... one fight for Anubis and one fight for BD. Leonis wasn't able to make it. I think I just need 1 more rng (I'll force Fub out of bed since he'll be over to play Fawn, hahahaaa), and 1 more mage... too bad Ari can't borrow one of my PCs... OOOO! maybe I can get Opie (Nari) to come on his blm. Alright, going to talk to Nari and Fub tonight to see if they can be reinforcements and if so we'll be all set. I'll just have them logged in for anima to drop on them farming while they sleep in, because I know there is no way I can wake them both up at 8 AM on Saturday and live through the day. XD

Since we'll be fighting in Holla, let's meet for the farming at the holla crag. I'll come on thf with fawntine on whm for the farming part for better drops and I can set some macros up on her to cure us both if you don't mind tanking Anubis. ~_^

~e

PS - sorry to be so distant lately, work is busy... I'll be completely offline 7/7 to 7/16 for a work conference and mostly offline except for this event until then. Good times. I can't wait for August when life settles down a bit again. >.<

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:18 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Hmmm....if things are busy irl for you mate dont feel pressured into running this just because we're prepping for it. RL always comes first, we can always do this another time if you need to, its not going anywhere. Completely up to you.

Having said that, if you can split some Holy Water with me that'd be great, I'll pay you the amount for however many I get, they just didnt seem to be on the AH when I was buying stuff earlier.

I don't mind tanking at all, its preferable for there to be a backup Provoke in the party though if thats at all possible, I seem to be filling that role in most levelling parties atm and Im needed in it, healers seem to be pulling aggro before the MT's CD is reset. If we cant/dont have one its cool though, I'll live with it. WHM's just might need to watch they dont overheal a bit maybe :)

And don't worry at all about being distant from time to time. We're a community and as such we understand that life gets hectic from time to time. We'll still be here when your time frees up again :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:54 pm

Inquisitor
Believe me, we VERY much understand real life.

Ask BD about his eyebrows sometime ;)

Silly US power supplies on EU PCs...
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:16 pm

BlackDove
Still pointing upwards!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:09 pm

Eriyalle
hehehee. I'm looking forward to this, it will be my spot of fun in the middle of all the work I have to do. :thumb: And we just got an email from the President of our organization giving us all Monday off in addition to Tuesday... so it means I have an even longer weekend to work from home. :lol: I won't complain too loudly although I'm tempted to still go to the office for better concentration... hmmm..

My strategy for Holla actually centers around the tank NOT holding hate... at least not very tightly. It's called *Bounce* and the goal is for the main tank to voke the mob center, then for the RNG to go all out and do all they can to actually pull the hate from the tank. The RNG are positioned on opposite sides of the circle, so keeping the enmity fluid keeps the boss traveling around between the party members which lessens the amount of attacks it can land on any one of us. Once a RNG gets hate, they turn around, reblink (rng must nin sub), and let the boss shed to the other RNG or back to the tank. The tank stays in the middle and doesn't run around, and if there is a 2nd melee (in this case, you, BD, or Switchblades depending which fight we're on) you will stay center with the tank. Please bring a ranged attack weapon for those times the mob will be out of reach, we don't want you running around. ~_^ The only time you (or BD, or Switch) would want to voke is ONLY if the mob goes for the whm or blm. Or if in some twist of bad luck we lose the main tank and you get to fill in as main tank so we still win.

I was going to go on these as Fawntine because Eri's RNG is barely into 30 after getting my level back, then decided it would be better to do all the farming on Eri so I get my exp back (and I prefer having my TAIL!) so I'll just be sure I have gear on me just in case I get careless and delevel myself again. XD

In checking across the different forums where this was posted, we should be all set with enough people. ^^ It looks like we'll be having 3 fights for 3 people needing the crag, of course for each of you needing the fight once you beat it you'll be done and at the bottom. Those who have previously defeated this one will be able to choose to come back out in the spire to fight again.

~e

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:00 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Ok, abrupt change of plans. I can't be there tomorrow :( Family barbeque I had penciled down for Sunday is happening tomorrow instead, and my mum says we need to be there for 2:30 my time (that would be 9:30AM EST) so that we can all get settled in time for the England game which I was going to watch whilst we ran through :blank:

I have no idea what time I'll be back, but I'll certainly be a few hours, so it's highly likely that I'll miss the entire run.

So I have no choice but to pull out. Guess I'll just have to hope I can be around for the next one :( Sorry guys, I know this is very short notice but I have known about this bbq for weeks and just got the wrong date down, and its a family thing. Not the sort of thing I can pull out of easily. Can't do anything but apologise :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:03 pm

Eriyalle
It's all good. Definitely family first. :)

Hope England wins! Nari and I were cheering for Argentina and they lost today. Germany was rude. Going for the intentional team injuries because you're down doesn't show you can play in my book... but I'm not a ref and I was working so I missed it and couldn't scream for the red cards. :smack:

We'll still be on for BD and Switch. Unless someone else needed to farm early though I may sleep in another hour and get online at 9 AM...

~e

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:38 am

BlackDove
Holy shit, a person from New Jersey knows something about football!

*checks outside to see if axes started raining*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:49 pm

Pixistix
:lol: The whole Virtus Crew seems to be very into the World Cup... you should try running an event with them when a game's on. Riyu will give you the play by play :D!
Blarghl.

Return to “Final Fantasy”