Welcome WoW Players

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Welcome WoW Players

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:07 pm

Inquisitor
I'm a little different than QD, so I thought I would post this for all you new folks. The discussion can be found here:
http://www.shatteredstar.org/ssx/forums ... php?t=3628
1) The two-voucher system has always worked well, at least when I was in a group We have to like each other, or at least be able to tolerate each other, so, get someone else to chat with the person. Someone from the "core" list of folks (so this means that a voucher couldn't be, say, two new guys), those that have been here for a while. That won't be a problem today, since the only members we have are existing SSX. Recruiting and vouching is a responsibility, and you should take it seriously. Remind new people of the forums, of our community, actually make sure they fit in or don;t bother being a 2nd voucher And two vouchers is a minimum, the more people they talk to the better. If I have a good job candidate in, and I really like them, I go GET other people in the office to talk to them. This place is special to us, we need to preserve it.

2) New people MUST sign up on the forums. Period. If they are not in it for the community, we cannot consider them members, and like it or not, this is a huge part of the community. Now, alot of folks play on consoles, or play without windowers, so we can give people some grace period, say 48 hours, then, if they still haven't, it's pearl breaking time. So if you pearl someone, you shoudl post their character name in a new thread here, and have them reply to it. Then we'll add them to the roster.

3) Three strikes and you're out. There's alot to be said for "hey, he's a nice guy" but if the "nice guy" screws up, pisses people off, or whatever, 3 times, they're out. Period. Maybe if they go away for a month and get their act together, but if the person can't twig to the "don't do that" three consecutive times, there really shouldn't be a need for a discussion. I should probably be the only one to actually break pearls, though. I expect some discussion here.

4) People should not beg, we're not a PL service, or a bank. If you are new to the game, I'll give you some gil to start out because I am a nice guy, and I think that seed money makes the game far more enjoyable. But people who have been in the game for a while don't get handouts Same goes for PL service. I am a 66 RDM, if I come out to help you, I am doing it because I want to help. Sometimes FFXI players see mages and automatically assume we are for rent, and see mages in a LS and assume that we are here for the pleasure of the members.

People should join for the community, the potential friendship, and because it's good to have people you can count on to play with. If you meet someone who can handle those terms, by all means, lets get them in here.
Welcome, lets have some fun, and be sure to tell us BEFORE you create a character so we can get on the right server :)
No signature

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:34 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
And also so that we can talk you through how to install the Windower ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:08 pm

SSX-Ava
Thanks I hope so and I'll just harrass MS into installing my copy lol :p

Return to “Final Fantasy”