My character plan

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

My character plan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:34 pm

Inquisitor
Have not posted one of these in a while, thought I would get it "on paper"

This is how I plan to spend my game time in the coming weeks.

Level BLM to 37 (Currently 34, up to 35 since the plan post)
Level SMN to 37 (currently 33, up to 35 since the plan post)
Level WHM to 37 (Currently 36)

Level RDM to 70 and try Maat again (currently 66).

I'll do BLM, then SMN (both are in the desert) then finish all 3 in Crawler's Nest. I want all my mage jobs at 35+ for RDM subs, so I can get RDM to 70. Since levelling 66-70 will take some serious time committment, I'll only be able to exp that on the weekends, so if i am going to be able to level anything during the week, it looks like my subs.

Longer term:
Level NIN to 37 (currently 23)
Level RNG to 30 (for level cap stuff, currently 24, can probably to this solo)
Level BRD to at least 25 for Ballad, maybe 37 fro RDM sub (currently 20)
Level the expansion jobs to 20 (COR and BLU at 15, PUP at 10).

I want to progress in the ZM story, but am not in a huge hurry so I can wait for an alliance event. I also am farming for gil to buy my RSE2 (almost got enough for the hands, need about 2 mill).

Everything but the RDM levelling will let me be flexible enough to help folks without tooooooo much notice, exp parties below 40ish don't usually require more than an hour commit. I need to play at least 2 hours as RDM to get any substantial levelling in, so if I am levelling RDM I may not be available.

I want to see all our new folks get to 20, get their choco licenses and all their teleport crystals, that will allow a little more flexibility for us as a group :)
Last edited by Inquisitor on Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No signature

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:50 pm

BlackDove
Yep, sounds cool.

My character plan goes along the lines of....

SAM to 75 at all costs. Currently at 71 doing my Tachi of Trials for Tachi:Kasha - the painful part will be gathering a team to go beat Kefenfafafefefafer. Otherwise I unlock latent at 30%-50% of my XP into 71.

Ninja to 40 from 1 with QD and the rest of the gang that wants to join in (however I'll take it to 40 regardless of their stay in the game).

Thief to 37 from 35.

Ranger from 2 to 37.

More or less in that order. Leveling RNG to 37 will allow me to sub it successfully for skilling Archery up above and beyond Sidewinder. After that I'll only be missing Soboro Sukehiro to fully sub RNG forever.

I'd like to get my ZM8 done which I'll do eventually with a pick up party, and I'm not holding my breath on CoP until I get WAR to 30 from 26 and NIN to 15, but that'll take a while cause WAR is painful to level.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:13 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Hmm..haven't really given much thought to something like this, so mine is pretty rough. Long term too, wont be getting all this done any time soon.
  • Level SMN to 30 (Currently nearly completed the unlock quest)
  • Obtain Avatars in Level 20 SMN fights
  • Level DRK to 30 (Currently level 1)
  • Get to a point in the Bastok storyline where I gain airship passes (Currently at 2-3)
  • Level WHM to a point where I can teleport myself to Dem/Mea/Holla (Currently level 1)
  • Run as many Supply Quests as possible to gain Outpost Warps
  • Farm Beastmen Blood to enable myself to comfortably buy level 30 gear for WAR/DRK/SMN with at least 200k remaining when done
Very rough picture of what Im after atm. Im putting Promys on the back-burner for a while, though I'll keep an eye out for alliance runs (just wont be actively seeking runs). Like I say it'll take me a while, and I'll update this as I get things done. Just dont expect to see another plan from me in the near future, this one will last a while :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:08 pm

M.Steiner
This is my overall plan so far, even rougher than Annys but then i only started playing last night heh. I will probably add to it once i learn more about the game and what not.. :)
  • Level RDM to 18
  • Unlock support jobs and level WHM to level 15
  • Level RDM up to 30
  • Unlock summoner job and level SMN to 20
  • Obtain level 20 avatars
  • Level SMN to 30
  • Level WHM up to 37
  • Level SMN to 65 (or so)
  • Defeat all prime avatars and obtain Fenrir
  • Level SMN to 75
I was originally gonna go SMN/RDM but after doing some reading it sounds as though RDM/WHM might be a better choice for the mid/higher levels. So if i decide i like being a healer again i'll probably go down that route.
As i said it was kinda rough so if anyone has any tips or whatever feel free to say. ;)

Looks so simple written down doesn't it? lol
Last edited by M.Steiner on Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:27 pm

BlackDove
SMN should always sub WHM.

/sea all SMN 75

13 on the server - all subbing WHM.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:38 pm

Inquisitor
Try different things, just expect to get party invites with /WHM We'll talk philosophy in another thread though ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:46 am

firedancer
not big plans yet, but sofar:

lvl BLM to 30
unlook Dragoon and Dark Knight jobs

play around with the new jobs and see how i enjoy them

Return to “Final Fantasy”