Dynamis San D'Oria and Dynamis info tidbits

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Dynamis San D'Oria and Dynamis info tidbits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:45 am

BlackDove
Finally got around to compiling the vid.

This'll give a preview of what Dynamis is to people who don't know it, though it's a bit more than meets the eye in the vid considering I was firing off the record button randomly.

Basically you start at the moghouse of the cities set zones (Southern San D'Oria in this case) and work your way up to the other end of the zone, find the boss NM, kill him, he drops a key item that says you've cleared the area (gotta click it after he's dead).

After you clear the four main cities (Bastok, Windurst, Sandy, Jeuno), you get "Ice" access, which is basically permission to enter Dynamis-Beaducine, and after winning that one, Dynamis-Xarcabard (or the other way around - not sure).

However, while it may seem that it's simple to get from one end of the zone to the other - usually (well - always) there are separate routes, and you need to adjust your tactic according to the terrain/number of times you wiped/remaining time on the clock.

Dynamis works by way of the Perpetual Hourglass. You reserve a time in the real-life week when you buy it for 1mill gil, and you get to enter it with remaining time left on the clock, usually an hour. As you kill enemies, and more precisely, NM's, you gain time.

The reason for the time is fairly simple, you get the time to get to the end, but if you have a GOOD tactic, and depending on the skill of everyone in the run, the main idea is to clear the entire zone of monsters so that you'd get the most ancient currency drops/relic armor, and the latter is fairly scarce. Usually the person that bought the hourglass, gets all the currency drops to offset the huge expense.

That's pretty much it, Sandy is the easiest, then there are harder ones (depends on the complexity of the map). I did Windurst last week, and you fight in Windurst Woods. It's a nightmare to navigate proper and it has many twists and turns and roundabouts, we barely managed to win.

Anyway, this has been a short introduction to Dynamis.

http://rapidshare.de/files/27399058/Dyn ... y.avi.html

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:20 am

BlackDove
And Quiz and I just cleared Dynamis-Bastok.

I also got my relic weapon.

Twas fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:10 am

M.Steiner
BlackDove wrote:And Quiz and I just cleared Dynamis-Bastok.

I also got my relic weapon.

Twas fun.
Grats :thumb:
Nice vid btw, looks a bit hectic there ^^. Glad you explained a little bit about it first cos i wouldn't have had a clue otherwise heh. ;)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:29 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Grats on the relic weapon :) Dynamis looks fun. Another thing to add to my list of things I want to do.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:49 pm

BlackDove
On the D-Bastok run I actually got YOUR relic weapon as well (nobody wanted it, so it dropped into my inventory).

Here's what I did with it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I hate you :blank:

:p But seriously, couldn't you have sold it for millions? Seems a waste to just drop it.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:35 pm

Inquisitor
rare/ex drop, can't sell or trade
No signature

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:09 pm

BlackDove
I'd have to level /emo in order to use it to 75 and then upgrade the weapon by spending 2-3 years of wasting money on it.

Not something I want to do so off to trash it went :p

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:54 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
/emo? More like /SuperCoolDeathKnight :p

Return to “Final Fantasy”