So how do implants actually work?

The world of Rubi-Ka awaits!

Moderator: Global Moderators

So how do implants actually work?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:15 pm

BlackDove

So those are my dream implants (I guess, don't know what half the stats actually mean, can't be arsed to look up every single one, but I think I got it down nice and simple - and of course, I'll be doing everything carefully with full knowledge when I do decide to go for them, so.....yeah).

Okay, now from what I hear, everything above QL100 needs to be custom made, and that costs somewhere between.....what? 50-100-< million?

I really have no idea about implants when it comes to custom making them so I was hoping someone could give me a clue as to

a) How this is made? I assume a nano-programmer does the stuff, he has 3 parts for each implant that's supposed to correspond to the skills I have up there?

b) Normal/Average cost of the above? How much do I have to pay for that sort of thing, or moreover, do I have to go hunt and find every single QL200 part for those implants and making them turns out to be me giving the parts to the programmer?

Anyway, any help is appreciated. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:41 pm

esd
Yeah, you need someone with the right tradeskills to make it for ya. Chances are they'll charge quite a lot of money, as they've sunk a lot of XP into being able to do it.

Yes, you're the one that'll have to go get the parts for custom implants.

Cost? Lots....
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:31 am

Blue Star
You can have custom implants made at any time (I had my first ones at 35, replaced them with updated ones at 48), but you can only buy the parts from the shops up to a certain QL (I think it's 125). After that, you have to get them as loot from mobs or missions.

The first thing you need is the empty implant - Get one around the level you want your implant to be. After that, you need to hunt for the nanoclusters you want - Get them with a QL at the lowest one level than the implant you've bought (e.g. if you get a QL50 empty implant, buy a cluster QL49 or higher).

Once you've got them, try to find an Engineer - Some of them work on a tipping system or will work for free (although they obviously won't advertise it :)).

After that - Surgery clinic, and pop them in :)

BTW several of the nanoclusters are part of the Shadowlands expansion - So unless you have SL, you might want to find alternatives for NCU memory, Nano Cost modifier, Offense/Defense modifiers, weapon range, energy damamge modifier, and skill lock modifier.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:14 pm

Stracius
Suuure, /now/ I find this damn thread :P

Ah well, serves me right for not combing the forums more thoroughly before buying. Live and learn, they're only ql100's :P

Return to “Anarchy Online”