Webhosts

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Webhosts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:59 am

Inquisitor
Please post links to webhosts you have experience with as we figure out the whole "move" thing.

http://www.ixwebhosting.com/index.php/v ... Expertplan

...is one I have found.

If you have experience with them (or with any of hte subsequent links posted) please holler and let me know :)
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:14 am

Isileth
ixwebhosting is what we use for the skunkworks mod site. Now while I cant comment much on it as the ammount of use and the requirements for the sites are vastly different. But we have never had a problem with any downtime or long load times. (It has minimal use however so to have any long load times would be suprising.)

However I do believe that you use them for the DHL site, or at least that is my impression. So your experience with that im sure will give you any insight required as to its effectiveness here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:03 am

Indigo64
I use Surpass Hosting myself. Been a customer of theirs since the last time I was active in SSC. Can't say enough good things about them. Even the Shared Hosting systems are dual core / dual processor Opterons. Very fast, very nice Linux systems.

www.surpasshosting.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:37 pm

JarodRah
why dont we just host SSX on a MGT server? I am sure we can work something out with the owners :)
Sc-Fi Gaming
Mechs
Kicking Eds butt in Lore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:04 am

Pixistix
The Tene site was hosted by http://www.siteground.com/

I never had an issue with the service, and they were very helpful even though I didn't have the account password (>.<)9 Naruche!
Blarghl.

Return to “General Discussions”