New Song

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

New Song

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:33 pm

Serberus
Just finished a new song, didn't have much to do with this one except the breakdown but id say its the best work my mate and i have done yet.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=528021

Song is Premonition

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:28 pm

Futile Resistance
I liked, though I started tuning it out (a bit repetitive) near the end :sweat:

Only part I didn't like (personal preference) was the bass in the very beginning. I would've preferred just having the ambient soothing sound, no bass.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:35 pm

Padishar
I think the end is fine personally, tho I do agree about the beginning...
Think it would be much better to simply have the nice 'ethereal' sound initially instead of the intrusive base.

Solid song its pretty kewl :cool:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:10 pm

Syn
if you guys are talking about the bass drum, I actually like it. It sounds very natural, I like the way I can hear it hit and envision the instrument behind in ways I can't for the electronic sounds. If you mean the synth bass guitar(what it sounds like to me) afterwards, then yeah I agree it's a bit asynchronous. I don't know what you would replace it with though since that section really needs something there to fill it out.
bah my forums is dead, so it is removed from my sig...

Btw, I'm making a game, it will be awesome, you will look forward to it.[/hype]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:17 pm

Serberus
Thats always the case with our music lol, needs something but no one can quite put their finger on it hehe. I do like the drum at the start but i believe it'd sound good without it as well, so *shrug* lol.

Might sound like an odd question but other people who make music might know what im talking about, but does anyone have or know where i can get some .sf2 files (soundfonts) it'd be much appreciated.

Also get your friends to listen, the more that listen and the more constructive crit i can get the better... (and the higher ill get in the soundclick charts *cough*) :sweat:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:46 am

LIGHTNING
Soften the bass in the beginning, or change it. Maybe use something like a heartbeat instead?

I like it.
I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.
- LIGHTNING (September 22, 2005)

Return to “General Discussions”