*shiny shiny*

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

*shiny shiny*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:28 pm

firedancer
ok, i got myself a new toy. not sure how many bike here,
but i hope some of you like the pics anyway ;). and it is
really awesome to ride it. :)

clicky
and again
more clicky
and thats me

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:56 am

Messiah
Ohhh very fun!

Enjoy, but be careful. I was a biker for a few years - nailed hard when an auto driver didn't see me, turned across my lane, and I bounced off his windshield and into some bushes 40' away. God bless shrubbery!

You're less visible on a bike. Enjoy the open road. Be vigilant in town.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:53 pm

BlackDove
Awesome SSX licenseplate is awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:54 am

Serberus
haha, about the first thing i noticed was the number plate, nice one...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:23 pm

firedancer
heh, cool that you noticed my license plate ;)

and to Messiah: i hope you did not get seriously injuried and recovered well.
i am a bit worried about all the cars driving a bit reckless against motorbikes :blank:. so i will keep my eyes open and drive careful

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:44 pm

Stracius
I've found that driving with the assumption that /nobody/ can see you is a good defensive strategy on a motorcycle. There are still close calls every now and then, though...

And nice bike! I'm both envious and nostalgic. Faster than a bicycle and more enjoyable than a convertable. Can't go wrong :)
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:31 pm

M.Steiner
Nice ride Fire, love the plate ;)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:29 pm

Ambush
Nice :thumb:
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:28 pm

Messiah
firedancer wrote:and to Messiah: i hope you did not get seriously injuried and recovered well.
i am a bit worried about all the cars driving a bit reckless against motorbikes :blank:. so i will keep my eyes open and drive careful
I was fine, thanks to the shrubbery. It literally broke my fall. Stiff for a few days, but nothing worse. I was lucky.

Bikes are a lot of fun. Unfortunately, my wife decided that being married and having children should be more fun. She has some powerful leverage.

;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:27 am

Ozone
lol, no offense Mess. I ran a Honda many a many year ago while in the military. A bunch of friends rode, including my roomie. I had heard all the horror stories about riding regularly and as I associated more and more it seems everyone knew someone who eihter died, suffered a deformity, etc... usually not due to the bike but other drivers.

I got cut off and had a minor low speed spill with some associated scratching and soreness, nothing more. My roomie came home about a week later dripping blood with his arm ripped to shreds. Another mate had had someone not see him and cut him off not a few days later, he went over the hood of the car landing face first in the gravel, much of which embedded in his face and lips.

My future bro in law had surgery last year and lost the entire inside portion of his left leg as someone pulled out of a drive and clipped him with their front bumper. The car had a couple of scratches, as well as a good portion of his leg stuck in the grill and plate.

My self preservation instincts kicked in and I sold the bike.

Hoping the best FD, and may you avoid the idiots! Keep an eye open, cuz they aren't.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Return to “General Discussions”