A Familiar Face?

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

A Familiar Face?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:06 am

Jericho78
Greetings SSX.

I'm not sure if anyone still remembers little old me, but back some years ago, there was a popular game called FreeSpace and I was a pilot for the SSC under the call-sign Blair. It's been such a long time, and I've been away from SSC, I mean SSX for way too long. And admit perhaps without prior notice as well. Some of the cool people I know back then were BD, Wedge and QD, hope they still remember me, or I'll sound pretty embarassing. :rolleyes: I'm sure I know a lot more but I'm pretty bad with names....

Been way too busy for games except a selected few and life is pretty hectic as you move forward, but like they say, some things run deep in our lives and SSX is one of them. Somehow, someway, it pulls you back. You go back to your roots, and as a gamer, this is my roots. Anyway, wouldn't want to bore any of you and just letting you know that I'm around, still remembering SSX and hope that you guys will have me again. Thanks and have a nice day.

PS : I'm trying out CN. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:07 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
BD, cool? Clearly this BD you speak of must have been replaced by our current one somewhere along the line :p

Seriously though, welcome to our little corner of the Internet. I wasn't around back during the heyday of the Freespace Division of the SSC (having only joined near the collapse of PXO) but old friends are always welcome here. Have a poke around, and feel free to jump in with either the CN group or one of our others should you wish to.

Enjoy your stay!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:46 pm

Jericho78
Anubis wrote:BD, cool? Clearly this BD you speak of must have been replaced by our current one somewhere along the line :p
Haha, if you see what he can do with a joystick, you know what kind of cool I mean.
Anubis wrote:Seriously though, welcome to our little corner of the Internet. I wasn't around back during the heyday of the Freespace Division of the SSC (having only joined near the collapse of PXO) but old friends are always welcome here. Have a poke around, and feel free to jump in with either the CN group or one of our others should you wish to.

Enjoy your stay!
Definitely. I'm here to stay and thanks for welcoming me. Wished you had joined much earlier, would have been great flying together but well that's all in the past. This is now. It's great to see this community is still around, hanging strong and growing. Adaptability is survival, so to speak. I'm currently trying to read up as much as possible and see what I can contribute. At the same time, I do appreciate a lot any help and advice you guys can give.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:09 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Best advice I can give really is just be yourself, and chip in when you feel you can. There's no obligation to make x number of posts per week or anything, just post when you have something you want to say on a topic.

IRC is useful for getting to know people if you are inclined to use it, but it's not essential. Just involve yourself in the whole if you can, rather than just a specific group you may join, and you're on the right path.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:58 pm

BlackDove
Whoah, long time man.

Don't bother explaining to the rookies what we once did with our joysticks, they're too green to get anything. Like the one replying in this thread.

Man. What a n00b. I sure wouldn't want to be him.

At any rate, we saw you pop in a few times in irc today - we're usually not there to reply at a minute's notice. Just keep the window open and idle, we'll get to our computers eventually.

Like for example, I was at work when you were there.

Anyway, welcome back if you're here to stay. Things are somewhat slow these days game wise, mostly because we all grew up and got jobs, but all the same, we still hang out together.

I'm sure QD is around here somewhere, I'll have to check the nearby graves to dig him out.

Neat to have you back.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:07 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
BlackDove wrote:Like the one replying in this thread.

Man. What a n00b. I sure wouldn't want to be him.
Oh yeah, that BlackDove who just dropped a reply - clearly trying too hard ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:07 pm

BlackDove
I'm sorry, I don't need some kind of a reply to humiliate you. Your sig does that all on its own.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
BlackDove wrote:I'm sorry, I don't need some kind of a reply to humiliate you. Your sig does that all on its own.
Clearly you are blind to visual mastery and elegance. They make glasses to help with that, or you could just go see a therapist. Either way, your minor attempt to diminish my awesomeness has failed - wallow in failure.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:13 pm

BlackDove
Blah blah blah, there are only so many ways that you can say "I suck" and you've done it countless times; point to proof, your latest post in this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:49 pm

Syro
Welcome back! :thumb:

SSX is a built on friendship and fun. You will always be welcome here. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:51 am

Jericho78
Haha thanks guys, great to hear from you too BD. Long time definitely.

This morning when I logged in and saw the number of replies. here I thought "Wow a lot of people welcomed me", and then I saw it's BD and Anubis poking each other. What else is new? :lol:

Would love to catch up with you guys and this spiffy community and yeah I'll be here almost daily since I'm in front of my PC at work all day long.

@Syro : It's good to be back! Looking forward to rekindle old friendships and making new ones. :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:18 am

M.Steiner
Hey there ^^
I didn't join until 2003 and i wasn't part of the FS division either back then so i won't have met you, nevertheless it's great to have you here.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:29 am

Jericho78
SSX-MS wrote:Hey there ^^
I didn't join until 2003 and i wasn't part of the FS division either back then so i won't have met you, nevertheless it's great to have you here.
Right back at ya. :thumb: It's always great to have friends who'll have you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:48 pm

Fenavian
Wow man, people are just crawlin out of the woodwork these days.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:17 pm

SSX Fahd
BLAIR!!!!1111oneone111 :) Good to see you again. You haven't forgotten me, right? If you have I'll bring my Loki back out :p;).
Fahd, IM Prog's: See profile, Linky: TechSnap Video Podcast
"In the computer world few people read the 'readme.txt' files. In the real
world, few people read the signs that say 'Stand on the right'
" - Fahd.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:47 am

Jericho78
SSX Fahd wrote:BLAIR!!!!1111oneone111 :) Good to see you again. You haven't forgotten me, right? If you have I'll bring my Loki back out :p;).
Yo Fahd! Of course I remember you, so you can keep that Loki in the hangar. Wassup and how's everything? ;) Site admin huh?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:21 am

QuantumDelta
*bursts a hand through the ground under Jericho and grabs at his foot*

.....Brains..........

Yo dude, nice to see ya here, welcome back, the CN group look to be having some fun, so I hope you enjoy yourself.
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:52 pm

Ash
Hello Blair,

Long time no see.

*sits back in a rocking chair*

ahhhhh.... FS2 those were the days, these youngsters
have no appreciation of real joystick skills

(Although i do recall QD was a pure keyboard driver...freak... :p )

and I fully admit i had none except a panache for
ramming people and getting blown up.

So how are you Blair, still in Malaysia (wasn't it?).

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:46 am

Jericho78
QuantumDelta wrote:*bursts a hand through the ground under Jericho and grabs at his foot*

.....Brains..........

Yo dude, nice to see ya here, welcome back, the CN group look to be having some fun, so I hope you enjoy yourself.
What the? Arrgh, you frigging undead! Meet my boomstick! Muahaha... Hiya QD, nice to hear from you after such a long time. I must have done something good that you guys still remember me. ;) Sob sob

I'm still looking through the forums, and CN is the easiest thing I can pick up at the moment. Waiting for C&C RA3 this month and Starcraft 2. How are you doing?
Ash wrote:Hello Blair,

Long time no see.

*sits back in a rocking chair*

ahhhhh.... FS2 those were the days, these youngsters
have no appreciation of real joystick skills

(Although i do recall QD was a pure keyboard driver...freak... :p )

and I fully admit i had none except a panache for
ramming people and getting blown up.

So how are you Blair, still in Malaysia (wasn't it?).

:thumb:
My my, Ash! Good to see you're still around. I'm doing ok, busy busy busy. Yourself?

Now that you've mentioned it, yeah I remember too that QD relied on key taps and buttons whereas we were wriggling our joystick all over the place and still can't beat him. :thumb: Yup, I'm still in Malaysia, good memory you have there buddy!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:48 pm

Padishar
And the fam reunion continues :cool:

Good to see ya m8 :thumb:

Unfortunately I forgot to bring a dish to pass...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:13 am

Jericho78
No prob matey! Just come on in with a smile on your face is good enough. :lol:

Return to “General Discussions”