Online Gaming Bargains

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: Online Gaming Bargains

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:04 am

Isileth
You can grab the classic Dungeon Keeper for free on Origin right now

https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/store/ ... rd-edition

Definitely going back a few years now but its a game ive played several times and has spawned many remakes and clones. Last time I played it I did have technical issues due to the age of the game but its possible with it being on Origin some of those have been worked out,

Also to update on the Ubisoft 30 years giveaway the next game will be Beyond Good & Evil, not a game I ever played but always heard very good reviews. That will be available next Wednesday which means you have only a few days left to get The Crew if you haven't already.

https://club.ubisoft.com/en-GB/ubi30

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:34 pm

M.Steiner
Isileth wrote:Also to update on the Ubisoft 30 years giveaway the next game will be Beyond Good & Evil, not a game I ever played but always heard very good reviews. That will be available next Wednesday which means you have only a few days left to get The Crew if you haven't already.
Not sure how well BG&E has aged as it has been a looong time since I played it, but assuming that's not badly, you definitely should. Fantastic game :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:43 pm

Isileth
The current Ubi30 is still Beyond Good & Evil but they have already announced the next one will be Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon which I think I can safely recommend to everyone so keep your ears open for when that comes up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:52 am

M.Steiner
I remember hearing good things about that but whilst I loved the main game, I never did get around to picking up or playing Blood Dragon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:45 am

Isileth
The Humble Store is giving away DiRT3 complete edition for free right now, just over 1 day left on the giveaway though so grab it quick before it goes.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dirt ... -free-game

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:54 pm

M.Steiner
The first season of Hitman is 50% off on Steam right now. Great time to pick it up!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/236870/

My current GOTY :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:13 am

Isileth
GOG are giving away Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition for free

https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_ni ... nd_edition

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:26 am

Isileth
If you missed any of the games in the Ubi 30 giveaway over the last few months you have till the end of this weekend to grab the whole lot.

https://club.ubisoft.com/en-en/ubi30

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:47 pm

M.Steiner
Just a quick heads-up but this year's Christmas Sale should be starting on Steam tonight (5:50pm UK). Here are 5 recommendations from 2016:

and here's 5 from last year too, just incase you haven't played them yet:
Some fantastic games there should you be looking for recommendations as to what to pick up. All 10 were worth full price imo so would definitely be worth picking up in the sale. Give em a look :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:10 pm

M.Steiner
Do any of you have any (2016 pref) games you'd recommend picking up in the Steam sale? Games which I may not have played yet?

So far I've bought:
- The Witness
- Beholder
- The Flame in the Flood
I might pick another game or two up if there's something that catches my eye, so throw some recommendations at me and I'll take a look :)

Any of you bought any of my recommendations btw? If you only buy 1 from the 2016 list, get INSIDE. All of them are superb though, that's why I recommended em heh ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:26 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
It's not 2016, but I've picked up Crusader Kings 2 after umming and arring about it for a long time.

It comes very highly recommended from all sources. If Grand Strategy is your thing, might be worth a look :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:48 pm

Isileth
Yeah can completely recommend CK2, hundreds of hours spent in both that and the original.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:49 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Isileth wrote:Yeah can completely recommend CK2, hundreds of hours spent in both that and the original.
Any tips for a newbie? :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:18 pm

Isileth
Well if you haven't murdered your wife so you can marry your attractive genius daughter with a strong claim on West Francia within the first hour then you aren't playing correctly.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:52 pm

M.Steiner
Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Edition | £3.99
· If you have an account you can knock a further 5% off too.
· Origin key

Contains:
• Command & Conquer
• Command & Conquer: The Covert Operations
• Command & Conquer: Red Alert
• Command & Conquer: Red Alert: Counterstrike
• Command & Conquer: Red Alert: The Aftermath
• Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun
• Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Firestorm
• Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
• Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge
• Command & Conquer: Renegade
• Command & Conquer: Generals
• Command & Conquer: Generals: Zero Hour
• Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
• Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars: Kane's Wrath
• Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
• Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3: Uprising
• Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight

[Edit]
Mass Effect 2 is also free on Origin atm :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:31 pm

M.Steiner
NieR: Automata | £29.99 [£39.99][/size]
· GMG VIP offer, no discount code required - just log-in. Code redeems on Steam.

I was never 100% sold on NieR if I'm honest. It had my attention (somewhat) but wasn't sure if it would be for me or not. After playing the PS4 demo in Dec though it quickly went on my list of games to pick-up this year.
Tis out this week for PS4 and next week for PC. Reviews are out too and have been very positive! Will be picking this up later to play after Horizon I think :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:00 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I do need to pick this up. The reviews have really impressed me - going to have to see what it's all about.

Thanks for the tip as always :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:38 am

M.Steiner
Syberia 3 | £13.87 [£29.99][/size]
· No discount code needed. Region free Steam key.

Syberia 1 & 2 were two of my favourite adventure games so I'm hoping 3 doesn't disappoint. I doubt you'll find it cheaper anywhere else. Tis out next month :)

Also, since I linked these to Anny on Discord I'll post them here too: 3 must play games for PS3 & PS4. Many more deals here though :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:35 pm

M.Steiner
If you missed this on Discord:
  • Spend £40 on Physical Video Games, Consoles and Accessories and Save £5 by entering the code VG5OFF40 at checkout.
  • Spend £75 on Physical Video Games, Consoles and Accessories and Save £10 by entering the code VG10OFF75 at checkout.
  • Spend £150 on Physical Video Games, Consoles and Accessories and Save £20 by entering the code VG20OFF150 at checkout.
  • This Offer ends on 7th May 2017.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/l/13528657031/ :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:43 pm

M.Steiner
Star Wars Battlefront II | £26.99 [£49.99][/size]
· Code: MAYTHE4TH. Region free Origin key.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:00 am

M.Steiner
Just a little heads-up if you missed it on Discord or Twitter but the Steam Summer Sale kicks off this Thursday (22nd) at 6pm BST. Also, if you use PayPal you can get an extra £5 off when you spend 20. - I've just added £20 to my Steam wallet for £15 :)

Even though I've already played a lot of titles this year there's still a good amount of stuff I didn't pick up at release but did have my eye on, so I'll no doubt have a look into those & see what kinda deals they get. Some of which would probably be: Outlast 2, Hollow Knight, Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition, The Surge, Rain World, Full Throttle Remastered, Constructor HD, Tokyo 42. Off the top of my head.

Are there any titles you guys will be specifically looking out for which you've been waiting to go on sale? Or anything you'd like to recommend picking up in the sale, assuming they get good deals ofc? :)

Should any of you need/want some recommendations yourself, here are my top 5 PC picks each for the last 3 years :thumb:
Just a note but Hitman is already currently on sale with 66% off atm. I'm not sure when that deal expires though, or if the Summer Sale price will be the same as it is right now, just thought I'd mention it. If you're still on the fence about picking it up there's a free demo now as well.

Anyway, I'd consider all of those titles a must play so if there's something there that you're still yet to play, I'd recommend giving those a look if you can! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:05 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
If I can get it discounted, Nier Automata is high on my list from the sale. I've been waiting for a price drop as it's too expensive for me atm.

I don't plan to buy loads as my backlog is already ridiculously huge at this point, but of those you've listed I'm already debating Hitman.

Will be interesting to see what the sale brings :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:57 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:If I can get it discounted, Nier Automata is high on my list from the sale. I've been waiting for a price drop as it's too expensive for me atm.
What price do you put on a GOTY contender and arguably one of the best (and most original) games of all time? ;)

Seriously though, I can understand that if you're still not sure as to whether it would be for you or not. I'd still recommend trying the PS4 demo if you didn't get around to doing that, mate. It's free, not too long and may help sway you one way or the other. I'm pretty sure the reviews would have later convinced me to pick it up anyway, but it was only after playing the demo where I went from being indifferent on it to deciding I'd pick it up at launch. Game is a masterpiece & worth picking up at whatever price you can get it, imo :)

(Little tip for the demo (assuming you haven't played it yet), don't set the difficulty too high. You can't save it mid-demo so if you die on the boss at the end, you'll have to start over. It is short as I say (and wouldn't take you long to get back there a second time), but can be a bit of a bummer. You'll see how saving works after that point, in the full game)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:00 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
It's less so much the price it is now, more the fact that I know I won't get to it for at least a few months as my backlog is ridiculous ;)

It'll likely be MUCH cheaper by the time I get to playing it, so really I could just wait it out. But with a good deal, happy to buy now :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:57 pm

M.Steiner
Little heads-up - the Steam Halloween Sale will go live this Thursday (26th October) :)

Following that:
Autumn Sale: November 22nd - 28th
Winter Sale: December 21st - January 4th
:thumb:

Should anyone want some 2017 recommendations (nobody asked but I've played a lot this year so I'll give you some anyway lol), here are 10:
  • [*]NieR: Automata
    [*]Cuphead
    [*]Resident Evil 7
    [*]Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
    [*]Life is Strange: Before the Storm
    [*]Nioh
    [*]Prey
    [*]What Remains of Edith Finch
    [*]Night in the Woods
    [*]RiME
All worth a look :)

Return to “General Discussions”