Online Gaming Bargains

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: today on Steam

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:28 pm

Padishar
I hope Guild Wars Eye of the North goes on sale,
its the only one of the four Guild Wars that I don't have.

Picked up Dead Space as well when it was on sale and WOW :eek: the game is REALLY good!
The controls take a bit of getting used to, but the Immersion, Sound and Scripting are top notch.
Its like being in your own private Horror Movie, with it just aching to be played in the dark
and surround sound or head phones cranked up...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:45 am

Whizbang
After putting in a few hours with Amnesia, I must say that they have done a superb job with the atmosphere and soundtrack to the game. My knees hurt, I'm still twitchy when the lights are out, and I'm always reaching for a torch when I see shadows. If you haven't bought it yet, I have to wonder why. :thumb:
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:17 am

SL33PY
I'm not much of a Horror Buff, so I didn't buy either... I can still sleep very well and walk in the dark *pfew* :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:20 pm

SSX-Ava
I just bought Amnesia. Good times ahead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:23 pm

Padishar
Mechanus wrote:After putting in a few hours with Amnesia, I must say that they have done a superb job with the atmosphere and soundtrack to the game. My knees hurt, I'm still twitchy when the lights are out, and I'm always reaching for a torch when I see shadows. If you haven't bought it yet, I have to wonder why. :thumb:
Well, I will go ahead and buy it then.
Glad to hear it was made well and is pulling you in to it :cool:

My first impression from the trailer was mixed.
The graphics seem a bit dated and physical physics based adventure games
can get a bit frustrating when poorly implemented (ie. fiddle with a lock for an hour to get it to turn properly :smack: ).

Btw just beat Dead Space :thumb: :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:35 pm

M.Steiner
Mafia 2 still available for 114.99! Worth every penny for those who don't own it already. My favourite game this year and I'd happily still pay full price for it. Yes I can't recommend it enough especially at that price :p

So here's what I bought over the course of the Christmas sales
----------------------------------------------------
Battlefield Bad Company 2
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
The Witcher Enhanced Edition
Humble Indie Bundle 1 & 2 (Includes World of Goo, Braid etc).
Saints Row 2
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Tropico 3 Gold Edition
Cities XL 2011
Mirror's Edge
Crysis Complete Pack
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Dead Space
Far Cry Complete
The Hitman Collection
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Collection
Half-Life 1 Anthology
Half-Life 2 Episodes One & Two
The Last Remnant

All of those (taking into the account that some of them are packs which include several games and/or DLC) for less than it costs to buy 3 new console games :lol:
<3 Steam.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:27 pm

SL33PY
my list is too long to post.. to summarize I blew my 100 Gb monthly quota on steam games alone :cool:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:14 am

SSX-Ava

oh god.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:35 am

Padishar
^^^
LOL Laudanum gives health?!?!?
Can't be too safe, better take a few Absinthe cubes for the road...
SSX-MS wrote:Mafia 2 still available for 114.99! Worth every penny for those who don't own it already. My favourite game this year and I'd happily still pay full price for it. Yes I can't recommend it enough especially at that price :p

All of those (taking into the account that some of them are packs which include several games and/or DLC) for less than it costs to buy 3 new console games :lol:
<3 Steam.
I agree Steam RoX :cool:
I missed out on catchin ur recommendation on Mafia2,
will have to grab it next bout of Steam discounts. ;D

Er is meh Steam Holiday Sale purchasez:

Amnesia
Assasin's Creed 2
Battlefield: BC2
Company of Heroes pack (2 Games)
Dead Space
FEAR 1&2 pack (4 Games)
Global Agenda
Guardians of Graxia
Just Cause 2
Machinarium
Expansion #3 for Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalker
Mass Effect 1 (repurchase)
Mirror's Edge
Neverwinter Nights2: Platinum (repurchase as I didnt have the 2 expansions)
Section 8
Shank
Supreme Commander 2 (I know its not as good as the 1st, but it was TWO dollars lol).
Team Fortress 1&2pack (3 games)

I almost bought Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga,
but at the last minute noticed the 3rd party DRM Activation Bull$#@! Limit attached to it...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:23 am

Stracius
Padishar wrote:I almost bought Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga,
but at the last minute noticed the 3rd party DRM Activation Bull$#@! Limit attached to it...

Jeez, I almost bought it too, but didn't know about that. Good to know.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:19 pm

M.Steiner
[edit]
Ubisoft really should have announced they were relaxing the DRM on Assassins Creed 2 & Splinter Cell Conviction before those titles were included in the Steam Christmas sale. If they had done that I'd have bought both then and there and I'm sure other people would have too. oO

Ordered boxed copies of AC2 and SC:C yesterday now that they only require a connection on startup. (AC1 too as I never finished that on the 360 as I found it very repetitive).
Unfortunately it appears that they'll still be using the DRM in full force on new & upcoming titles but then patch them out later. Solves nothing not whatever. Hopefully it'll only be 1-3 months after the release of Brotherhood before they patch that rather than 10. Will see how much I enjoy the other 2 first :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:42 pm

Padishar
Thx for the update on that, I will definitely have to make sure I only buy titles they have relaxed their death grip on...
SSX-MS wrote: Ordered boxed copies of AC2 and SC:C yesterday now that they only require a connection on startup. (AC1 too as I never finished that on the 360 as I found it very repetitive).
Its funny u say that, because I too had to go back and beat AC1 as it got frustratingly too repetitive and I simply stopped playing it.
As fate would have it, I was like 2 assassinations from the end and didnt even know it. haha :sweat:
Was a bit of a pain reinstalling it, locating where Steam keeps the save games in Win7 on my old HD and copying it over to my new PC's HD...
Just to kill 2 guys and finish the game ::doh::. Am really glad I did take the time however, as AC2 story starts IMMEDIATELY at the moment the 1st ends :cool:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:11 am

M.Steiner
Padishar wrote:Its funny u say that, because I too had to go back and beat AC1 as it got frustratingly too repetitive and I simply stopped playing it.
As fate would have it, I was like 2 assassinations from the end and didnt even know it. haha :sweat:
Ugh :lol:
Just finished AC1 and I'm glad I gave it a second chance and made myself play it all the way through this time.
I still found it very repetitive as it's rinse & repeat for the most part and it lacked variety imo, though the latter part of the game and its story were great and started to make up for that. Can't wait to start AC2 now but I'm gonna wait until I've got my new card next week and hopefully I'll have been sent a replacement monitor by then too...
I can be a completionist in some games too which doesn't help as early on in AC1 I was trying to do everything as I came across them (scaling every viewpoint tower, saving every citizen, finding flags etc). Until I came to the second city and I got fed up both times. First time I stopped playing the game completely, this time I stopped trying to do every activity and just focused on investigating and the assassinations and doing the other stuff inbetween either when I felt like it or needed to, wasn't so bad then.
Props to anyone who had the patience to go out and find all 100 flags. I tried to in the beginning and a lot I came across by chance anyway but I can't even call that fun let alone not receiving a reward for doing so lol :sweat:.

[Edit]Ohh sweet. You can play AC2 with Italian voices? Did NOT know that :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:14 pm

M.Steiner
Another plug/heads-up for Mafia2!
On sale again for just 115 (until Thursday at 4pm Pacific Time). Still a steal at that price for anyone slightly tempted ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:17 pm

Padishar
Thx for the heads up, bought the delux DLC version for $10 :thumb:

Tho will prob be awhile till i get to it due to meh free time being split between Rift and DragonAge2 atm ^^

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:06 pm

M.Steiner
No probs ;)
The made man pack which is only available with the digital deluxe/special/collector's edition versions of the game is the best one too imo. I used the clothing from that more than most and the Cossack became my most used vehicle. Loved that car.
Can't go wrong for $10 really, hope you enjoy it as much as we did once you get to it. :thumb:

My signature edition of Dragon Age 2 arrived this morning too, just finished installing it and the high resolution texture pack. Tis not released over here until tomorrow so I have to wait another 9hrs to play hehe. Looking forward to it!.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:32 am

Padishar
If you dont have it already,
Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Ed. is on sale today 50% off!

DA2 is 25% off as well...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Plovske
Free 2 Play games anyone???

I just got into Champions Online, fun!
enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:36 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Plovske wrote:Free 2 Play games anyone???

I just got into Champions Online, fun!
<3 Plov!

Not playing any free to play games atm, or using Steam for that matter, but great to see you nontheless. Post more! :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:35 am

SSX-Ava
There be a plov lurking around these here parts it seems!
SOMEONE CAPTURE HIM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:34 pm

M.Steiner
The Summer sale is here!
From today until July 10th.

Haven't got any money spare this week unfortunately so it's a good job there's nothing I want from today's daily deals. Will see what next week brings though hehe.
Happy spending folks! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:39 pm

Stracius
Talk about an exercise in patience and temptation. I have to hand it to their marketing guys, they're doing a damn good job. Better than they expected, judging by their overloaded download servers.

Also, I realized I've an extra copy of Half-Life 2 kicking around. There's probably little chance anyone here using steam doesn't already own that game, but I figured I'd check anyway. It's free to anyone who wants it and doesn't already have it.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:59 am

M.Steiner
Wouldn't normally post for a weekend deal but;

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 113.74

They hardly ever have this on sale from what I've seen so thought I'd post it. Small price to pay for such a fantastic game.
I own a boxed copy otherwise I'd be buying too :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:15 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SSX-MS wrote:Wouldn't normally post for a weekend deal but;

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 113.74

They hardly ever have this on sale from what I've seen so thought I'd post it. Small price to pay for such a fantastic game.
I own a boxed copy otherwise I'd be buying too :)
That's WELL worth it. Have a boxed copy myself too though, so not for me.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:03 am

Padishar
Definitely worth it!
I snagged it even tho I have a physical copy in storage.

Was a big fan of the PnP RPG and of recent, when I see a < $5 US deal on specific past games
that I thoroughly enjoy and want to play again, I have been snaggin a Steam version.

Figure it cheaply supports the Devs and gives me a convenient to install/patch/permanent back up copy.

BTW during the summer camp sale, Guild Wars Eye of the North finally went on sale, so I snagged that as well :cool:

Return to “General Discussions”