Online Gaming Bargains

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: today on Steam

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:12 am

BlueFlames
*bump*

There's a big sale on for Sega-developed titles on Steam this weekend. Alpha Protocol caught my attention at two dollars. The Total War uber-bundle is running seventeen.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:38 am

Anubis
Site Admin
No matter what others may say, AP is easily worth $2 :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:34 pm

M.Steiner
aye. It's far from perfect but AP is still worth $2. Nice deal there :)

Just got Company of Heroes & the 2 expansions for a fiver. Played some of the first game when it originally came out and loved it but my computer couldn't handle it very well at the time so never finished it, not played either expansion either.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:21 pm

Kon
Picked up AP as well.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:16 pm

SL33PY
this weekend:

Dungeon Siege 3 at 50% or 27,5 € for the fans :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:16 pm

BlueFlames
Anubis wrote:No matter what others may say, AP is easily worth $2 :)
I love the atmosphere of the game. There've been plenty of moments, where I had to pause to say, "I'm James F'n Bond!" The dialogue system, though.... I'm reminded of Adlai Stevenson/General Chang: "Don't wait for the translation!"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
BlueFlames wrote:
Anubis wrote:No matter what others may say, AP is easily worth $2 :)
I love the atmosphere of the game. There've been plenty of moments, where I had to pause to say, "I'm James F'n Bond!" The dialogue system, though.... I'm reminded of Adlai Stevenson/General Chang: "Don't wait for the translation!"
Glad to hear you're enjoying it :) I kinda liked the way it took a less serious tone than Bond, in both dialogue and other areas, though. The Brayko boss fight for example was just fantastic, completely over the top though it may have been.

Admittedly though, it will not be everyone's cup of tea. Just hope you can keep seeing past the bits that don't fit perfectly. I'd still say easily worth $2 though!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:59 pm

Whizbang
Steam has Portal 2 on sale for $15 these next few days. I'm considering picking it up after all the rave reviews given it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/620/
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:34 pm

SL33PY
complete GTA pack for 10€ /$ / £

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:06 am

M.Steiner
I already own the R* complete pack but that is an absolute bargain for anyone who is missing some of these, nice spot :thumb:
(It appears to be £4.99 here in the UK which is even better)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Whizbang
Big Halloween sale going on over at Steam right now. Some decent stuff looks to be on sale and I'm considering picking up a few things, like Scratches and Bioshock.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:52 pm

Zephir
Hmmm some goodies in there that for one reason or another I've not got around to buying.

Vampire: The Masquarade
Dead Space 1 + 2
Bioshock 2
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Best of all I can get them all for under $30.

Time to catch up on my spooky RPG's :nervous:
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:58 pm

M.Steiner
Thanks for the heads up Mech, didn't realise there was a sale on :)
May buy 1 or 2 things but I'll probably wait until the Christmas sales before I go on a shopping spree.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:40 am

Anubis
Site Admin
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/10/valve ... onal-info/

You guys may all want to check your accounts and reset login information. Hope no-one here has problems stemming from this :blank:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:11 am

Stracius
Yeah, I don't use the forums so I didn't get this message. Still, not a bad idea to go about changing passwords anyway to be on the safe side. Thanks for the heads up!
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:00 am

SL33PY
used it once or twice, just changed my pw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:16 pm

BlueFlames
Anubis wrote:http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/10/valve ... onal-info/

You guys may all want to check your accounts and reset login information. Hope no-one here has problems stemming from this :blank:
[s]No sign of hackery on my end, but[/s] I updated my password and deauthorized all other computers anyway. No harm staying on the safe side.

On the subject of deals, though, Dirt 3 and F1 2011 are available in a $34 bundle this weekend. That was a little too awesome for me to turn down, though I've not been able to install F1 2011 yet, due to a certain over-rated, over-marketed title getting released today. Still, may as well make the purchase, so that you can stratch that racing itch....eventually.

[edit]Unauthorized charge on my card for $10.34 yesterday. I've deactivated that card and suggest my fellow Steam users with card information saved there keep an eye on their accounts.[/edit]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:32 am

BlueFlames
*Bump to call attention to above edit*

The fraud starts here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:07 am

Stracius
I noticed all saved card info was promptly deleted by steam after the report was released. Still, that doesn't help anyone whose info may have been stolen already, such as yours may have been. One of the downsides of using the net to make payments for any goods or services; the info is there, it just depends on how determined someone is to obtain it.

In any case, I'll continue to keep an eye on my card's account and close it if there's any sign of unauthorized use. I may just go ahead and do that tomorrow, anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:40 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Ugh, lovely. Just glad it wasn't any more you lost BF :( Hope everyone else can get their info off the system before anything else happens.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:46 pm

M.Steiner
Sorry to hear that, BF. <censored> hackers :shake:
Haven't noticed anything dodgy on my end thankfully (touch wood) but whenever I buy something on steam I purposely re-enter my billing address rather than clicking the button to save the details and I always pay through paypal. Cos of that none of my debit card details are actually on there so that should have helped somewhat.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:44 pm

SL33PY
elder scrolls IV : oblivion for 4.99 right now

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:52 am

Kon
SL33PY wrote:elder scrolls IV : oblivion for 4.99 right now
EDIT: I've reversed my stance on this. I may actually consider buying this. I bought this at launch (along with my 360 - Oblivion was the killer app for me), but stopped playing after I did several faction quest lines, and before I even got through the cliche-ridden main quest.

However, I may just buy this for PC and try to play through again with mods. I've also heard that the Shivering Isles expansion is much better than the vanilla game, and more befitting the Elder Scrolls name.

And the joke, Strac, was the game. Vanilla Oblivion really does suck. I guess it might be worth it for $5, but tbh, for hardcore fans of the series, the vanilla game is a real black mark. A large modding community did develop around it, and they are to be credited with several ideas that Bethesda implemented in Skyrim. However, it was such a disappointment that a huge number of modders stayed with Morrowind and kept creating new content that kept that game fresh for 9 years.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Elder Scrolls modders in the wake of Skyrim. I predict most Oblivion modders move over, while probably only half of the Morrowind modders do likewise.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:02 am

Stracius
Someone fill me in on the joke, or has Kahn finally lost it?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:57 pm

BlueFlames
Big autumn sale started yesterday. My spending money for the week got dumped into Witcher 2, Red Alert 3, Metro 2033, and just to prove what an absolutely enormous dork I am, one of the more maligned Sonic titles from the Genesis-era, Sonic Spinball.

Return to “General Discussions”