Online Gaming Bargains

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: today on Steam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Kon
Is this worth getting if you haven't played the first one? Also, does this have any kind of DRM aside from Steam? I thought I remembered something about that. Maybe it was on the first game. I'm not usually into action games but these Batman games have been hyped up so much. What's so great about it?
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:14 pm

M.Steiner
You've already missed the Arkham City deal I'm afraid, however the 35% off voucher is still valid until tomorrow I think.

DRM wise both Arkham games use the atrocity that is GFWL. Awful piece of shit but the games themselves are great fun. Asylum is better than City though (imo) so I'd recommend playing that first regardless.
Probably my favourite melee combat system of any game, Sleeping Dogs is very similar too.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:38 pm

SL33PY
I only wish I could use the coupon, I wanted to use it on Sim City pre order, but I can't :( :( :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:20 pm

M.Steiner
How annoying :(
Seems a few others have had the same problem looking at their forum. Could try contacting their support in the hopes that they can help and get back to you before the voucher expires?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:08 pm

M.Steiner
A new Humble Indie Bundle has just launched for anyone interested. Can get individual steam keys for each of the games included this time rather than 1 key for the entire bundle. Handy if you already own some of them and want to gift or whatever I guess!
http://www.humblebundle.com/

Also look out on Steam tomorrow btw guys. That is when their Christmas sale is rumoured to be starting. The deals usually go up/change at 18:00 GMT too so that's the time to start checking ;)
Remember to only buy from the selection of daily deals (and some flash sales) first until the last day or two as well. They will have site-wide discounts on tons of other games that will run throughout the sale too (and should show a date for when they close) but I thought I'd point this out as it's something I've always done and I know others do too, but that being said not everyone is aware of this little tip. -> Hold off on buying these non-daily games even if they're discounted. If they later become a daily deal they'll have a higher percentage discount attached to them (75% off for example rather than 50 or 25) and you'll be able to get them even cheaper. Annnd if they don't become a daily just buy them on the last day of the sales whilst their standard discount is still on offer :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:50 pm

M.Steiner
Some great deals on atm as expected!
I've only bought 2 things so far but that's only because I already own everything else I like the look of lol. Here's some daily deals which I'd highly recommend:

Mirror's Edge <- Amazing game which doesn't get enough credit imo. Seriously, give it a try (£3.24/$4.99)
Hitman Blood Money <- Best game in the series and one of my personal all-time favourites. If you don't own any Hitman games I'd recommend buying this over Absolution (£1.49/$2.49)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory <- One of the greatest stealth games there is (£2.24/$2.49)
Dishonored <- Still the highest rated game of 2012?. Buy it whilst it is on sale if you haven't already. I haven't shut up about this all year! (£14.99/$29.99)
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition <- £2.49/$4.99
Prince of Persia Complete Pack <- 5 games for just a tenner which normally costs over 40 quid (£10.74/$12.24)
Psychonauts <- £1.49/$2.49

I grabbed the Darksiders franchise bundle (today's daily and has all 12 pieces of DLC for Darksiders 2 as well) & Torchlight II flash deal both for under 20 pound.
Will see what the rest of the sale brings but I'm waiting to see how low The Secret World (now it has no sub), Mark of the Ninja, Black Ops 1 & 2, Dark Souls and a few others go if/when they become daily/flash deals, which I expect they will!
Any particular games you guys are waiting to see if they become a daily/flash deals? Bought anything so far or anything you'd recommend grabbing whilst cheap? :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:17 pm

M.Steiner
I have a steam key for Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition available for trade if anyone is interested? Looking for games on my wishlist (but will consider others incase I have forgotten to add them), paypal payment, UK steam voucher or whatever. Pricing doesn't have to work out exactly like for like so make me an offer :)

Also is there anyone here who doesn't already own The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut and would like a copy? Reply here and you can have a free copy on steam, no catch. <- [Edit: and gone :)]
SSX members only :thumb:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:59 pm

SSX-Andy
Would love to give the Witcher another go. Never think I finished it the last time around.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:19 pm

Kon
The Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War franchise is on sale for $10. Both games, all expansions, all DLC. Couldn't believe my eyes but I pulled the trigger as soon as I saw it.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:12 pm

M.Steiner
Who doesn't own Sleeping Dogs?

Amazing deal here:
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/p ... d-edition/

Use "GMG30-DPLIM-DN831" at checkout to get another 30% off which will knock it down to just £7.14.
But!!!
Not only that, there's a special offer on this where you can select to receive either £3 cashback or £4 GMG store credit at the checkout in return as well. So counting either of those you're basically only paying £3 - £4 for this. It's currently £22.49 on Steam (with 25% off) or £24.72 on Amazon UK just to give you an idea of how insane that is heh.
Probably one of the best deals I have seen tbh. It's a steamworks title too so you'll get a steam key to activate on your account.

(That's $11.90 with coupon and then a choice of either $4 cashback or $6 GMG credit)

Enjoy ;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:02 pm

M.Steiner
M.Steiner wrote:If Steam have a discount on it during the Christmas sales do try & put your preconceptions aside and consider grabbing yourself a copy dude. It's one of the best story-driven experiences I've seen in a game tbh. Trust me, you'll surprise yourself :thumb:
(I'll look out for a daily deal over the holidays and post if there is. I'm sure there will be)
I see this is on at least 3 of your wishlists too so, as promised:
The Walking Dead is currently one of the 3 games to vote on for the next community choice sale. Deponia & Deadlight being the other 2 choices. Check back in 3hrs 27mins for the result.
My guess is that TWD will win by a landslide. A lot of people will have been waiting for that to appear.

With 50% off it'll go down to just £10.49 / $12.49/€. Don't let the zombie genre put you off this great title, it's worth full retail price :thumb:

There's Lego Lord of the Rings for £8.75 on GMG atm too (using the discount code I posted above for Sleeping Dogs). Great price considering it only came out last month and it won't go cheaper on steam I don't think.
^ Just grabbed this one myself :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:36 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:There's Lego Lord of the Rings for £8.75 on GMG atm too (using the discount code I posted above for Sleeping Dogs). Great price considering it only came out last month and it won't go cheaper on steam I don't think.
^ Just grabbed this one myself :)
I am consumed with shame for you.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:50 pm

M.Steiner
lol. I bought my Mum a copy of it on the Wii for Christmas too actually (and Okami), she's always playing those games heh. They're not usually my kinda thing so it's the first Lego game I've bought for myself. Do like how it uses the original voices from the movies in the cutscenes though and it looks quite fun from the videos I've watched of it, I don't mind admitting that hehe. - I may hate it at the end of the day but gonna give it a try since it's on sale. I shall report back once I've played it ^^

Besides!. Coming from the person who recently admitted to getting XBLG and both playing and enjoyed the ultimate gaming trash that is Halo? I don't think you have a leg to stand on my friend :lol: In all seriousness though, each to their own though and all that ;)

I'm mainly waiting for Mark of the Ninja, The Secret World, Dark Souls & Deadlight to appear as daily/flash sales now.
Wouldn't mind playing a bit more of TSW now that it's B2P with no sub but I plan to make those 4 purchases my last. Steam deals are so bloody tempting though when you see things for 1-2 quid lol.
I'd like to get Black Ops 1 & 2 as well (Bops1 so I can play the SP of Blops2) but primarily for Black Ops 2 MP. It's Activision though so there's no chance those will go down to a reasonable price so I'll be waiting another year or more for those. They're £29.99 / £33.19 atm and that's with 25% already knocked off. Infact Blops1 has been out 2 years now and it's more expensive than new releases from 2012. <censored> greedy bastards imo but plenty of people willing pay those ludicrous prices so ofc they continue to get away with it. Damn you all that do! :p

and as predicted:
Go and grab it. Will be up in 10mins :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:31 am

Syn'n
Would have grabbed The Walking Dead, but alas.. no funding until after it goes off its special.. will still pick it up though. Oh, recommend Deadlight too..

Also if anyone is interested, have a copy of Borderlands 1 (no dlc), Portal 1, Torchlight 1, Dues Ex GOTY (should check out the graphics upgrade Graphics Upgrade), 2 copies of Steel Storm, Cthulu Saves the World and Breath of Death VII up for whomever would like em. Wishlist or whatever.. doesn't really matter that much to me. Just let me know...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:48 pm

M.Steiner
Ohh, I've not seen that graphics mod for Deus Ex before. Will have to get around to playing that at some point inbetween all these other games heh. Speaking of which, I started Torchlight II last night (never played these games before). Totally worth the £7.49 I paid from the flash sale, loving it :)

Also Syn'n, hold off from buying The Walking Dead at its -25% off deal once you have the funding for it. I seem to recall either flash sales or community choice deals (or maybe even both) being later reused as daily deals last year so if that is anything to go by there's a high possibility that you'll be able to grab TWD for 50% off again before the end of the sale, and anyone else who missed that.
If it doesn't then it's still 25% off until Jan 5th so you can always buy it for that on the last day or whatever instead. No risk of it disappearing until then since it has a set end date :thumb:
[Edit: $12.49 deal on amazon too btw but not sure how long for]

One other deal too btw: Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition on Amazon for $14.99. Redeems on Steam.
Would grab that myself but it's U.S only and I don't fancy adding different addresses to my account which don't match my card. If anyone happens to have a code for it though I'll swap it for the New Vegas Ultimate Edition key I have if you don't already own it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:38 pm

M.Steiner
Spotted another sweet deal on GMG today but it's for Origin rather than Steam:
Battlefield 3 Premium Service for £10.50 (using GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 too).

Premium gives you access to all 5 expansion packs (Karkand, Close Quarters, Armored Kill, Aftermath & End Game when it's out, inc early access to it) which combined "include 20 maps, 20 new weapons, 10+ new vehicles, 4 new game modes, 30+ Assignments and 20+ dog tags.".
As well as
  • Unique in-game knife
  • Unique in-game dog tags
  • 10+ unique soldier camos
  • Unique weapon camos
  • Stats reset feature
  • 10+ unique Platoon emblem decals
  • Increased Platoon emblem layers
  • Server queue priority
  • Save up to five of your favorite Battle Reports
  • 5+ unique Assignments
  • Exclusive competitions
  • Exclusive Double XP events
  • Exclusive videos
  • Strategy guides
  • Additional bonus content
This usually costs £40 so a good time to grab this if you were ever planning on getting it. Great saving :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:04 pm

M.Steiner
Just a little note to anyone else who may be waiting for a daily/flash deal on TSW like I have been doing.
Funcom have an offer on atm which I had forgotten about until earlier: "Buy the game before December the 31st and all the content in Issue #5, which will be released shortly, will also be included and you will receive the Initiate Pack, which includes strong starter weapons, a Blood Raven pet and extra social clothing.". So if you want those included for free today is the last day to buy. [Edit: Have just registered my cd key on TSW site and the pack is showing up on my homepage, good good]

Not sure whether they'll actually be worth it or not but I decided to buy today so I could get them, tis still 25% off even though I was holding out for 50% so that's better than nothing I suppose. The latter could still appear before the sale ends though (I bet they've held it back for after tomorrow too) if you're not bothered about the above and want to wait a bit longer to find out. I may regret not doing that myself but we'll see. I've got it now anyway, I think that'll be my last purchase for the Christmas sale :)

Mark of the Ninja as a daily deal today. I grabbed this a few days ago as a flash sale and have been playing it all day. If you like your stealth games I'd highly recommend it :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:58 pm

SL33PY
finished alpha protocol, thanks MS, the game is a bit dated, especially the AI was lacking. But all in all considering the game's age, it was a really nice experience.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:58 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SL33PY wrote:finished alpha protocol, thanks MS, the game is a bit dated, especially the AI was lacking. But all in all considering the game's age, it was a really nice experience.
This is what I keep telling people! AP was a good game - glad you enjoyed it :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:42 pm

M.Steiner
The AI and the bugs (at least at launch for the latter) were the only real downsides to it for me too really. Putting those aside it was a crackin' game overall which some people tend to overlook. Happy to hear you enjoyed it too! :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:12 pm

M.Steiner
Look what just appeared on Steam for pre-purchase: Linkie.
Looking at the DF site, this release will include all DLC and has been newly upgraded for PC with more detailed visuals & improved performance. Not sure when it's to be released exactly [edit: 26th Feb according to RPS] but time to get rid of that 360 copy methinks! ;D
Where's Anny? :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:57 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Look what just appeared on Steam for pre-purchase: Linkie.
Looking at the DF site, this release will include all DLC and has been newly upgraded for PC with more detailed visuals & improved performance. Not sure when it's to be released exactly [edit: 26th Feb according to RPS] but time to get rid of that 360 copy methinks! ;D
Where's Anny? :)
Been sick as a dog for the last few days :(

This news is so awesome though that it made its way to me on my sickbed by way of work colleagues pestering me. A new day has dawned, and it's Tim-shaped!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:11 pm

M.Steiner
Going to post this since it's such a great deal and I noticed a few of you actually have it on your steam wishlists too.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

*The Walking Dead
Back to the Future: The Game
Sam & Max: Devil's Playhouse
Poker Night at the Inventory
Hector: Badge of Carnage!
Puzzle Agent 1 & 2
Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures

* Beat the average to unlock.
So besides the others, you can currently get Telltale's TWD here for as little as $3.95. All 5 episodes.
An absolute steal if you wanted this, or haven't yet bought a copy. Pretty crazy actually.

Enjoy if you haven't played it yet. One of the best games of last year for sure :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:47 am

SL33PY
Dunno about today, but I recently bought The Witcher 2 after anni's major fanboi'ism :D

for less than 7€ on steam... as said, dunno if the deal is still active

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:10 pm

M.Steiner
Good decision to buy TW2, you certainly won't regret that purchase!. The steam deal you mentioned seems to have ended now but their summer sale will be just around the corner so it won't be long before it's on sale again, can guarantee it.

Return to “General Discussions”