Sproz! Now this!

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Sproz! Now this!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:56 am

Ozone
Well, we lost the business a number of months ago. Saturated location but restricted in moving till Sprite completes her Masters.
Declared bankruptcy 2 weeks ago.
Been looking through scraggy offers of work, waiting to get out of this hellhole. Many docs offering work at their offices BUT I have to bring in my own patients AND they charge me 70% of my take as rent.
Yep, for every $100 I make off my own back, I retain $30.
Industry in Upstate NY so bad right now, and so many grads being cranked out that its becoming the norm.
Many good offers back towards NYC, but a year away (can't move till Sprite finishes her Masters).
We decide to fight it out, avoid child care costs, I'll work weekends and try to find anything through the nights for a few months.
Had baby this week.
Ran back to house morning of birth (last Thursday) to pick up clothes for Sprite.
Had to stop and get gas.
Figured, 'What the <censored>' and played the lottery.
Played on Tiernan's birth time of 5:27am - chose 0527, added up for 'lucky number' of 14, and played it every way possible. Dropped $7.
Finally got home today and checked the numbers, casually.
Number drawn was 0527.
The jackpot was $100,000
There were 200 winners of the straight, we had 2 winning tickets.
There were 1000 lesser winners of the box, we had 2 winning tickets.
There were 25 winners of the lucky number, we had 2 wining tickets.
Website states we've won $980 off the box ticket alone and we have to call up to make arrangements (or even find out the amount of win) for the straight tickets and the lucky number tickets.

We may have to start cranking kids out on a regular basis and I may have to increase my bets.
Last edited by Ozone on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Re: Sproz! Now this! YEP, serious, fraggin serious.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:16 am

SL33PY
This is an awesome story :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:49 pm

suggz
Grats on the baby... It is good to hear you guys had some good luck to go with the hard times. keep on fighting the good fight my man.
"full strength like a cyclops eye drops"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:49 pm

M.Steiner
Sorry to hear about the rough time you've been having Oz. Seems like all your good luck has come at once hehe.
Great story indeed, thanks for sharing it :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:01 am

enlightened
Hey Ozone, sorry to hear. Stay focused and I hope things get better :cool:

Re: Sproz! Now this!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Ozone
Hey guys. Thanks all, but not really a sympathy thread. The bankruptcy has relieved a lot of stress, the baby is, well, astounding, I can't recommend having one highly enough, and the lottery win was a nice deal, post bankruptcy, to get us over to the UK to show off the kid to the UK division of the family.
So, all good, was just quite surprised by the timing of the lottery win.
BTW, nothing too spectacular, ends up we didnt win the lucky numbers as I thought, but we did walk away with $3,000 for a $1 investment.
:)
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Re: Sproz! Now this!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:45 am

Kon
That's awesome, Oz! The few people I know who have won minor lottery prizes all were exhilarated as well. Aside from the awesomeness of winning the money in the first place, there's the added bonus of winning something that you normally never dream of winning, and in fact go into thinking that you will certainly lose. That certainly makes the win all the sweeter.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Return to “General Discussions”