EA voted "worst company"

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

EA voted "worst company"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:09 pm

Padishar
http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congratu ... -2012.html
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Pachte ... 41239.html
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... ica-award/

Personally have continually had a love/hate relationship with EA...
From the earlier years of late Ultima debacles to the untimely gutting/mass Exodus of OriginSystems... makers of my fav Ultima & WindCommander series...
On that same note, they have pushed out fabulous triple A titles that would never seen the light with smaller budgets, while also pushing out rushed garbage (often terrible underfunded sequels)...

My most recent incidents, have nothing to do with the Ending of Mass Effect 3, which I haven't played yet, due to refusing to install Origin on my PC.

Oh well, I can also see other people being upset about other issues, esp Day1DLC content and whatnot, also the fact that technically Bank of America is the worst thing to exist, along with Goldman Sacs, Wells Fargo and the like, which is the current argument by most opposing EA's new Worst Company title...
but the pole doesn't reflect who is technically the most evil, which isn't even necessary, the facts speak for themselves.
The Pole simply reflects who is the most hated online at this current time...

Which atm, is... EA

PS. I am sure the ending to ME3 didn't help hehe.

Re: EA voted "worst company"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
For me, they're still riding high on the gratitude they got from me for shipping Brutal Legend - so I can't say too much against them!

That said, BioWare have lost everything that made them special since EA acquired them. Perhaps the horror tale of Bullfrog is destined to repeat itself, or perhaps they'll just be reduced into another average studio :(

Regardless, EA > Activision. They truly are satanic, and remain, for me, the world's worst video games company.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: EA voted "worst company"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:23 pm

Lee
see southpark episode called crack baby basketall. art imitating life imitating art.
Eeks.

Return to “General Discussions”