10 Years

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

10 Years

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:48 am

Kon
How did it come to this? When I first ran into Lighty and Ellanis in the PXO lobby, I was 11 years old. Really crazy to think that I've been playing games with the same people for nearly half my life. Thanks for the good times, folks.

Looking forward to meeting again in EVE when I get back from Korea. Hopefully we can get something going in Firefall too. And I know QD and I are always down for some good old FS2.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Re: 10 Years

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:31 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Happy anniversary :)

This is my (and our, as a community's) eighth year. I feel exactly the same way - when StormRider first pointed me to the SSC, I'd have been amazed if you told me I'd still be here eight years down the line. Says a lot for both the place and the people!

Now here's to another decade :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:23 pm

M.Steiner
There's no way for me to tell for certain since everything pre-SSX has been wiped off the face of the earth unfortunately but I think I joined the SSC pretty much exactly a year before we became Exiles, around Aug or Sep '03 which would make this my ninth year going on 10.

I've said it before in the past but it's a pity how we have always maintained the archiving of posts, inactive group forums and group sites. All of that being part of our history (both the positives and negatives) and none of it ever gets deleted or hidden away and damn right it shouldn't. It would have been nice if the same could be said for our history with the SSC had it been archived and viewable somewhere too. Had it have been I could have checked my original join date too. (Tried the wayback machine but it's no use :()
I doubt there are many groups like this who have been around as long as we have and yet such an important part of it is nowhere to be found anymore. Should be proud of our history and it should have been on show like everything else we archive imo, such a shame it never has been but oh well.
/mini rant over

and happy anniversary, Kahn!. If I got my dates right I should be joining you in less than a year heh ;)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:56 am

SoulSeeker
I joined the SSC after a faction change to Fallen Angels in Neocron, i was alot younger then and very susceptible to QD lol :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:30 pm

SL33PY
SoulSeeker wrote:I joined the SSC after a faction change to Fallen Angels in Neocron, i was alot younger then and very susceptible to QD lol :)
Who wasn't :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:40 pm

Rock-n-Roll
God you all make me feel old.

Let me do the math here.

I've been married 11 years.

Dated my wife for 5 years before that.

Got our 1st apartment 1 year after we started dating.

Joined SSC while living in that apartment

So I joined somewhere between 13 and 14 years ago.

Oh dear, 40 is creeping up quick...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:01 pm

SoulSeeker
I wish i was just creeping up to 40 ...more like dragging my way to 50 nowadays lol

10 Years

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:10 am

Inquisitor
M.Steiner wrote:There's no way for me to tell for certain since everything pre-SSX has been wiped off the face of the earth unfortunately but I think I joined the SSC pretty much exactly a year before we became Exiles, around Aug or Sep '03 which would make this my ninth year going on 10.

I've said it before in the past but it's a pity how we have always maintained the archiving of posts, inactive group forums and group sites. All of that being part of our history (both the positives and negatives) and none of it ever gets deleted or hidden away and damn right it shouldn't. It would have been nice if the same could be said for our history with the SSC had it been archived and viewable somewhere too. Had it have been I could have checked my original join date too. (Tried the wayback machine but it's no use :()
I doubt there are many groups like this who have been around as long as we have and yet such an important part of it is nowhere to be found anymore. Should be proud of our history and it should have been on show like everything else we archive imo, such a shame it never has been but oh well.
/mini rant over

and happy anniversary, Kahn!. If I got my dates right I should be joining you in less than a year heh ;)
I may still have a backup of the SSC forum somewhere. Probably would take enormous effort to get it working if I found it...
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:00 pm

M.Steiner
Inquisitor wrote:I may still have a backup of the SSC forum somewhere. Probably would take enormous effort to get it working if I found it...
Oh you might? I kinda always assumed that it was probably only "other parties" who may have held such a thing at some point in the past but that one probably didn't exist anymore.
If you do and it is ever possible for those who know how, I do think it'd be really nice if we could restore something like that personally. Have it viewable and on show like the rest of our history content is and which we continue to preserve rather than delete or hide away. Some of it may not be too fun looking back on for some people (though neither is some of the history we have post split) but it's quite a large and important part of our history all the same and this place wouldn't even exist if that hadn't hehe :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Inquisitor wrote:
M.Steiner wrote:There's no way for me to tell for certain since everything pre-SSX has been wiped off the face of the earth unfortunately but I think I joined the SSC pretty much exactly a year before we became Exiles, around Aug or Sep '03 which would make this my ninth year going on 10.

/mini rant over

I may still have a backup of the SSC forum somewhere. Probably would take enormous effort to get it working if I found it...
If you have it, can get it to me, and the general consensus is that we want it hosting in a read-only format, I will try and work something out.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:49 am

Misha
Rock-n-Roll wrote:God you all make me feel old.

Let me do the math here.

Am I remembering incorrectly or were you the SSC guy who played Neveron? If so, I bumped into you first around 11 years ago when you were We Make Guns 4 U :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:56 am

Rock-n-Roll
Misha wrote:
Rock-n-Roll wrote:God you all make me feel old.

Let me do the math here.

Am I remembering incorrectly or were you the SSC guy who played Neveron? If so, I bumped into you first around 11 years ago when you were We Make Guns 4 U :)
Lol, that was me. Chuck Heston of WMG4U, Inc ;)

Return to “General Discussions”