Humble THQ Bundle

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Humble THQ Bundle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:59 am

Kon
In what appears to be THQ's going out of business sale, they're practically giving away Steam keys to some great games.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Saints Row 3 if you beat the average ($5.73 right now).

For $1 or up you get:
Company of Heroes and both expansions
Metro 2033
Red Faction Armageddon
Darksiders

I didn't have any of these games besides vanilla CoH so it's a pretty sweet deal if you're a professional Johnny-come-lately like myself. Sent all the money to charity too. Thanks THQ!
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Re: Humble THQ Bundle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:37 am

M.Steiner
Tis quite amusing how it's one of the weaker titles on that list that you have to pay more than the average for in order to unlock lol, well I say more, what's a measly £3.50 if you're paying the dirt minimum heh. Newest game on the list though so that'll be why.
Company of Heroes & Metro 2033 are the best of the bunch by far though. CoH still being one of the very best RTS games there is and Metro's pretty damn decent too, that and Crysis are still 2 of the best looking FPS games on PC.

The only game I don't already own is Darksiders. I used to have a 360 copy before I got my gaming PC but I traded it in along with a ton of other console games in exchange for the PC games I wanted and haven't replaced it with a PC copy yet. Will probably grab this bundle just for that :)
Kahn wrote:Sent all the money to charity too. Thanks THQ!
Why wouldn't you give to THQ? :(
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:20 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Yeah, this is more than likely the last we'll see from THQ. Sad to see others follow Interplay's lead :(
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:09 pm

Futile Resistance
So I bought the pack and paid above average so I could get SR3. I go to activate it on Steam and receive an "Activation Failed" error message.

Turns out I already bought SR3 a while back but just never touched it (along with my other impulse Steam sale backlog games) :smack: :p

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:22 am

Kon
M.Steiner wrote:Why wouldn't you give to THQ? :(
THQ was one of the biggest software titans out there. The fact that they have sunk this low is entirely their fault. They followed a policy of consistently alienating customers and stifling developer creativity for years, and only gripped on tighter to the sinking ship as it went down. They are dying by their own sword. Welcome to the free market. Why should I spend even a cent on some oh so unfortunate mega corporation when I can send that money to charity with a single click of my mouse?
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:53 pm

M.Steiner
Bit of a cold attitude to take imo but whatever. Maybe it is their own mismanagement that's to blame but if THQ do go under will that be the fault of every developer & studio who works within the company? Every single person who works there brought this on themselves right?
My only hope is that Relic, Volition & Vigil will survive all of this and get picked up by someone else if the worst does happen. It's those who brought us games like Company of Heroes, Dawn of War, Saints Row, Red Faction & Darksiders. These weren't just THQ published titles like Metro is, Relic etc are part of THQ too so we have them to thank for these.
I wouldn't be happy to see those guys go down too and have some of them lose their jobs from this. I'm not gonna take bets on what's going to happen to THQ in the near future either, it's not something I would take enjoyment out of seeing personally and hope by some miracle that they can keep going somehow. Stocks have risen from this Bundle and if my small purchase of one just to re-acquire Darksiders helps them too somehow, even just a tiny bit, I'll be giving all of my money to THQ in this instance.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Return to “General Discussions”