DOTA 2

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

DOTA 2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:45 pm

SSX-Andy
If anyone wants to try out Dota 2 I have 8 copies in my Steam inventory. No idea how they got there, apparently Steam likes me.

Re: DOTA 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
:lol: Best check they're not a mistake you'll be penalised for using before giving them out?

I'll look into the game a bit more when I have time though. Might be interested if they're ok to distribute! :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:31 pm

M.Steiner
They're all above board and free to share, yep. My brother plays Dota2 and gets given them too :)

Access to Firefall is very similar to Dota2, Anny. Meaning you can either buy your way in - like the founder packs for Firefall (excluding their other perks ofc) or you can get in for free via a friend (or giveaway). Existing Dota players get extra copies added to their inventory every now and then to invite others with. So yeah, nothing dodgy heh.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:48 am

Futile Resistance
The version I got via Gift is actually spectator only. I still had to sign up onto the waiting list or buy the pre-game bundle.

Still, it gives me a chance to view the games instead of watching Youtube. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:16 am

SSX-Andy
They are very bad at actually giving any sort of information about what it is. Just saw 8 copies in my inventory with nothing attached to it what it is and why I got them.

Spectator only isn't very good, but I haven't bought the game myself so might be expected. Wonder if the beta versions will stop working anytime soon or just carry on as the real game.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:13 pm

SSX-Ava
SSX-Andy wrote:Spectator only isn't very good, but I haven't bought the game myself so might be expected. Wonder if the beta versions will stop working anytime soon or just carry on as the real game.
I have 5 actual copies if anyone would care for an invite. The beta will just roll on; there has been a cosmetic shop for a few months now, I don't think they will wipe the stuff we have paid for. Plus all of the other competitors offer free to play.

Return to “General Discussions”