Music lovers & appreciators!

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Music lovers & appreciators!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:12 pm

M.Steiner
With 10 more days to go before its official release here in the UK and his first album of new material since 2003's Reality, I'm sure everyone will already know who I'm talking about here unless you've been living under a rock.
David Bowie not only treated fans to news of new material on his birthday earlier in Jan but today has just made his hugely anticipated "The Next Day" album available to stream for free on iTunes. Oh yes, the entire album and all perfectly legal (minus the 3 additional bonus tracks coming on the deluxe edition).

I tried to resist it but... I'm already on my third listen lol. Will have my physical copy on the 11th to import a lossless copy with though and there's still the bonus songs hehe.
If you're a fan or just appreciate great music, you can listen to it here. Bloody magnificent it is too.

Step aside Bieber, Gaga, One Direction, Rihanna and the rest of you shite that fill the music charts of today. It's time for one of rock's living legends.
Bowie is back! ;D
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Music lovers & appreciators!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:53 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Do I really need to comment? :p
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:23 am

M.Steiner
pfft!. I hope everyone in your office who has any sense and tasteful choice in music has some Bowie playing on repeat all day on Mon 11th, just for you ;D
You can already count on the news and radio coverage I'm sure hehe.
;)

We don't have that many music icons like Bowie who are still around and recording new material. The music industry is full of shit nowadays and the official charts are usually a disgrace and embarrassment to look at too, a lot of it usually being manufactured rubbish. Gone are the days of Floyd & Zeppelin and the likes... 'Bout time we had someone like Bowie return to the scene and show them all how it's done, quite amazing to see how much buzz his new record has created already and it isn't even available in stores yet. All fully deserved ofc.
So c'mon then. Other than Bon Jovi whose new album is out in the UK on the same day, which other bands or artists would you rather see hitting the charts and getting the same kind of attention that Bowie has?. Who are still around today and recording music that is. Just curious :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:29 am

Ozone
One of my favourite, if not my favourite, artists of all time. The first music I ever owned was 'The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust'. It's still one of my favourite albums of all time, dear to my heat for the bold letters on the back stating 'TO BE PLAYED AT MAXIMUM VOLUME'.

But, he's been up and down. Errr, Tin Machine, cough, errr.

Funny you posted this. I saw the info about the new album 2 weeks ago and started to think about his collaborations. Specifically with Roger Waters on 'Comfortably Numb', Trent Reznor (NiN) on 'Im Afraid of Americans', Placebo on 'Without You I'm Nothing', etc...
I did a shitload of digging. There's no friggin album for these team ups, though I can get Drummer Boy with Bing shoved down my throat every Christmas.

Speaking of, how long are we celebrating Christmas?

Anyways, thanks for the heads up, heading to iTunes now to have a few listens, and then iomoio* to buy.

:thumb:

* Seriously, check out iomoio. I've dropped $100 there. Great music, insane catalogue, albums on average $3-5, great bps.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:11 am

Rock-n-Roll
Dave who?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:57 am

enlightened
Rock-n-Roll wrote:Dave who?
Hahaha :D

Return to “General Discussions”