FF14

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

FF14

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:25 pm

Kixi
Hey all, thought i would stop by and see if anyone is planning on getting FF14, I dont know anyone else apart from one person and was wondering if there will be a SSE guild? :)
KIXI

Re: FF14

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:46 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I've got it pre-ordered, and I think QD has too :)

Not sure about anyone else (or what QD's thoughts are about a LinkShell), but I'm up for it if there are enough of us! Would be good fun :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:53 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
To update, Mech mentioned in IRC that he's pre-ordered too :)

Fingers crossed we can at least get a Linkshell setup, if nothing else!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:38 am

Futile Resistance
What server are you guys planning to play on?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:42 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I have no idea yet personally. I'll just follow where others go :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:47 pm

Kixi
I will just follow you guys, i dunno much about the servers etc :P
KIXI

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:31 am

Futile Resistance
Based on what I was reading regarding the total server list:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Server

and one guy who listed the actual IPs for Leviathan/Cerberus:

http://nlworks.com/2013/06/final-fantas ... locations/

looks like all data centers for US/EU play is in Canada. Cerberus is marked for EU which I'm guessing will just have more EU players given that it's a recommended EU choice. Vice versa for Leviathan - more US players.

A few RL friends and I are going to be either rolling on Leviathan/Cerberus. Can't promise I'll be joining the linkshell, but I figured we'd roll on the SSX server of choice anyways. Anyone have a preference?

If you want to ping the servers (Leviathan is a tad closer for me but it's minor; 55ms vs 65ms):

(Leviathin) 199.91.189.21
(Cerberus) 199.91.189.22

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I really don't mind myself :)

And since you can be in multiple shells, I'm hoping there won't be too much harm in us distributing pearls. Whatever our involvement in the game ends up becoming, it'd be nice to at least be able to chat amongst ourselves :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:30 pm

Futile Resistance
Oh awesome, didn't know that about the shells.

Sounds good. I'll go ahead and roll on... Ultros then since Leviathan's hit a pop lock.
Last edited by Futile Resistance on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:06 am

M.Steiner
Saw this which may be of help to you guys:
XIV players can see messages from all linkshells in their possession, but they are limited to 8 linkshells per character. The chat is distinguished by a number attributed to each linkshell in the player's list, and text colors can be adjusted for even faster distinction between them. The player can only have one linkshell active at a time to type into, but can switch freely between them with a quick text command.
:thumb:

Free Companies on the other hand I'm not so sure. Linkshells are just chat channels basically whereas FCs are more like your traditional Guilds from what I understand. May only be able to join one of those but that's just a guess.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:26 am

Futile Resistance
Thanks for the info Steiner. Really loving how flexible and convenient this game's turning out to be. :D

My character's name is Da Saints.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:07 am

QuantumDelta
MS is right, Linkshells are basically chat channels, while free companies are 'guilds'(clans etc)

For now, I have rolled on Moogle, it seems to be the 'UK' server, I've seen a tiny tiny bit of german and one italian guy, there are a few frenchies, but for the most part everyone seems to be speaking english..

I'm enjoying this game way too much ;P
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:22 am

Anubis
Site Admin
QuantumDelta wrote:I'm enjoying this game way too much ;P
I'd noticed :lol:

So was I in the beta! It's been hard to stay away from it until retail hit!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:46 pm

Kixi
I was also looking at the servers and was thinking Moogle as its the "UK" server.
KIXI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Whizbang
Will be rolling on the Cactaur server along with my wife and some friends that will be playing with us. However, in terms of linkshell, when someone gets one up and running for SSX you can find me via my character name: Whizbang Sizzleteeks :thumb:
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:08 am

QuantumDelta
y u do this mech!
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Whizbang
QuantumDelta wrote:y u do this mech!
Unfortunately, the last time I purchased an MMO and attempted to play along with you lot it resulted in frustration due to playtimes. Being GMT -8 really hurts when you try to get online and find a group to play with and you might find one or two people online.

This time around I figured I'd stick with people who are more inline with my available playtimes so that I'm not playing solo or looking for PUGs to do things.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:23 pm

QuantumDelta
A decent reason :P
Though the answer of course is to recruit on the server in your timezone too ;P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:26 am

Futile Resistance
*Pounds head on desk*

Errors over 9000!
Too 1337 for 1037!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:25 pm

M.Steiner
Just a tiny suggestion and it's completely up to you guys and the rest of you playing but Mech, similar to what QD has said. Why don't you and your wife & friends join the SSX FC when one has been set up?. You may not see our EU members as much given your time differences but there's no reason you guys couldn't still fly the SSX flag and play together at the same time imo. There's bound to be others on the (which ever) server who play at similar times too (I would expect it to be better for that than TOR, since TOR was not very group friendly to start with either) and if you lot do any recruitment it will not only be good for all of you ingame but benefit this place too. Just a thought, take from that what you will. Failing that, what QD said instead and play together on your server but under our name? We'd have 2 SSX guilds in the game then. :thumb:
Just thinking back to the NC days where the timezone thing worked out really well. I quite often used to stay on late to play with people like Futile & Biggie and we'd go caving and what not but we recruited for both the EU and US side of the clan so we basically had people on around the clock. Until things quietened down towards the end everyone usually had others to play with and ofc we had people on almost 24/7 to help defend our OPs too :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:19 am

Futile Resistance
Ah, good 'ol NC memories. Good times indeed.

I'm a little confused from your earlier post regarding LS/FC, are either one of them cross-server (universal)?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:33 pm

M.Steiner
hmm I'm not 100% sure on that one tbh. I would assume that neither of those are cross-server and just limited to the server your character is on but that is just a guess, I certainly don't remember reading about any such features at least.
QD has a FC up and running now though so he may know for sure :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:02 pm

QuantumDelta
Nope, none of them are cross server, though they do allow you to communicate with people in the LS/FC from your server while you're on duties....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:11 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Think I mentioned this on IRC, but as a heads up I'm not joining up until after I finish a couple of other games I'm currently playing. Will join up with you guys then!

Got my copy sat in front of me, but don't want to waste gametime whilst I'm engrossed in other things :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:20 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
So, who's still playing and how are they getting on? :)

Know QD is powering onwards (has given us a lovely batch of screenies for the gallery to show off his progress too!), and Mech is progressing too. Not sure about anyone else?

I need to hurry and finish GTA5 so I have time to play...

Return to “General Discussions”