2013 SSX Christmas Giveaway

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

2013 SSX Christmas Giveaway

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:40 pm

M.Steiner
2013 SSX CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Last year I went around individually gifting games on Steam to some of you for Christmas (though not all of you unfortunately), followed by a new year giveaway for Sleeping Dogs. This year I thought I'd do another giveaway here on the forums but for a bunch of games rather than just 1.
If you'd like to enter all you have to do is reply to this thread and state the game(s) you're interested in. I'll then pick out some winners once the giveaway closes (date to be decided).

Small print & Rules:[list]
[*]SSX members only.
[*]It doesn't matter if you've already played said game (say you've rented it for example), or if you own it for a console but would like to upgrade to a PC copy, you can still enter if you like. Likewise if you you're unsure but wouldn't mind giving something a try.
[*]You can put your name down for as many of these games as you'd like but I'd hope enough people enter so as not to end up giving everything away to just 1 person hehe.
[*]Some of these games are older than others but please check the system requirements before you enter, just to make sure you can actually play them in the case that you win.
[*]Winners will receive their game(s) either by serial key, a redeemable gift URL or through steam itself depending on the game. I don't believe there to be any region restrictions, hopefully not.
[*]All of the above games are Steam copies so a Steam account is of course required.
[*]Should the giveaway get little or no attention I reserve the right to pull it.
[*]No other catches. If you feel the need you can always take a look at my wishlist on steam and gift me something but this is neither required or expected. Hope those of you who win enjoy your games![/list]

Good luck, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year to all! :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: 2013 SSX Christmas Giveaway

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:35 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
You are far, far too generous. Not going to enter myself because I always feel guilty taking something for nothing, but you're a stalwart for doing this. Thought it should be said.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:00 pm

M.Steiner
Don't feel guilty mate, feel free to put your name down if you like. Christmas is all about giving at the end of the day. Putting aside whether people feel they have to give back or not, If there's nobody to actually receive what I'm giving in the first place then the only thing I've done is wasted my time and money. The more the merrier imo :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:25 pm

Zephir
I'm tired of giving.

Every time I go near a store there is someone outside the door asking for donations, often by the entrance and the exit. Then all the local supermarkets seem to be collecting for one thing or another so I get asked at the checkout "Would you like to donate $1 to XXX".

Then at home my 16 year old daughter has a constantly changing/growing Xmas list and so I'm constantly being told I need this or I must have that or Xmas will be ruined if I don't get ........

So BAH HUMBUG!!!!!!!!! to the lot of them.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

If you really really want to give me something any of those games would be great, except for Batman and Deadspace, which I own already.

Now to vent some frustration on some dungeon bosses in FFXIV, I think Ifrit needs a good ass kicking.
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:15 am

Isileth
Once again people on here are far too generous for their own good. I have already been the recipient of of ssx gifts and while a whole load on that list attract my desire I will tentatively put my name down for Just Cause 2. However absolutely feel free to ignore me if anyone else at all wants it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:42 am

SL33PY
I bought myself bioshock infinite for 7,5€ and finished it in 20 hours of game time ... YEY for me :)

Limbo is the only game on the list that I either haven't played yet or want :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:53 am

SSX-Andy
Never played any of the Batman Arkham games, would be nice to see what all the fuzz is about.

Sometimes I think you are a bit too generous.

Still have a copy of Crusader Kings II that no one seems to want, just in case anyone would want it. Or I'll just randomly send it to my friends list at the end of Christmas.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:53 pm

M.Steiner
Giving at Christmas is something I always look forward to doing so consider this my pleasure :thumb:
Still haven't decided on a closing date or how I'll pick who wins what but those will probably depend on how many people enter and which game(s) they pick. Feel free to pass the word along to other SSX peeps incase they haven't seen the thread yet. If there's enough of a response I could add a couple more games into the mix which I haven't included, but we'll see.

Glad you played Infinite then, Sl33ps?!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:21 pm

Whizbang
I'll toss my name into the hat for FFVII and for Brutal Legend. Wasn't going to participate but what the hell...it's cold outside.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:51 pm

SL33PY
M.Steiner wrote:Glad you played Infinite then, Sl33ps?!
Yup, especially the end took me by the throat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:55 pm

esd
Wow, most cool!

Only ones that really catch my attention are Bioshock & Batman, so chuck my name in the hat for them if you will! :thumb:
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:23 am

Kon
I too have received gifts from SSX folks, but I'll go ahead and add my name to the basket.

The only game I'm interested in is Dishonored, but I would recommend Just Cause to whomever wins. Good fun in the spirit of older GTA, and the 1.0 release of the multiplayer mod just came out.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:23 pm

M.Steiner
kk, since it is Christmas day I've decided to send some games out to you guys who have already replied and stated which ones you're interested in. As said in the OP, some are in my steam inventory, some I have actual keys for and some will be a gift URL through Humble or whatever but all should activate on steam. Expect one of those from me before the end of the night! :thumb:

Zeph: Tomb Raider & Thomas Was Alone
Isi: Just Cause 2
SL33PY: LIMBO
Andy: Batman
Mech: FFVII & Brutal Legend
esd: BioShock Infinite
Kahn: Dishonored

I'll change the images for the above games to say "claimed" later on but the rest are still up for grabs (either to those who have yet to reply, change their mind like Anny or if any of you decide there's something else you want too. All is good)

Hope you've all been having a nice day! :)

Note to esd: Not sure what your steam username is so if you can let me know that or PM me an e-mail address to send the steam gift to instead I'll send Bioshock Infinite your way asap! :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:16 pm

esd
Heh, it's ssxesd :D

THANK YOU!!!

(edit: corrected case)
Last edited by esd on Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:51 pm

Whizbang
Thank you MS for the lovely gifts and I hope those that I was able to find profiles for enjoyed their gifts as well.

'Tis the season to be giving and all that good stuff. Merry Christmas to you crazy bunch of blokes! :D
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:52 am

M.Steiner
Apologies for the delays, esd. What with Valve making L4D2 free for the day and taking the entire site down with it this evening (lol) I haven't been able to do anything on there everytime I've tried hehe. Tis working again now but I seem to be having trouble finding you on steam (just getting "No group or player records were found matching your search terms."), and can't spot you in our community group either it seems.
Gonna head to bed in a sec but send me a friend request (here) and as soon as I log back on I'll accept and send it your way :thumb:

Hope you all had a lovely day and enjoy the games when you get around to playing them anyway, and thankies once again for the gifts I received as well. I'm sure I'll enjoy them! <3 :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:02 am

esd
Oi, you're giving away stuff, for free! Don't you dare apologise for not delivering by the close of business! :lol:

Found you, added you, joined groupy thing. Spammed out a few friend invites. :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:27 pm

M.Steiner
:lol:
There we go, it is on its way to you!
Infinite is still my favourite game of the year so I hope you enjoy that when you have chance to play it, esd. A truly fantastic experience imo :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:06 pm

esd
Well, glad I checked the requirements before accepting - my system won't run it, and there's no point just hoarding it!

Thanks tho! :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:44 pm

M.Steiner
Ah damn, that is a shame :/
Do any of the unclaimed games tickle your fancy at all which you think you'll be able to run? Can pick something else if you like. Nobody else has specifically named Bioshock though so if you think you're likely to upgrade at some point in the near future I don't mind you keeping that for when you'll be able to play it :)
Alternatively, I may be able to get you a key for Batman: Arkham Asylum if your system meets the requirements for that?. - Long story cut short, I do have another serial key for that which came with a boxed copy. When they removed GFWL from the client and transferred the game to steamworks they were supposed to make all of the boxed CD keys registerable on steam at the same time, so we could actually play it heh. My boxed copy of Arkham City registered on steam just fine but my Arkham Asylum key still says it's invalid unfortunately, in the end I got fed up of waiting to see if they fixed that and just got myself a digital copy to replace it. However, I do know that WB started replacing those invalid keys for people who were having the same problem so assuming they're still doing that I could give them a bell and see if they can replace it for one you can register on steam. Not sure how long it'll take them to get back to me or how much of a gurantee it is but I don't mind asking just to see, you're free to have that key if they will. Tis just sitting unused atm :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:26 pm

esd
While I do meet Batman's, I'm not gonna have you do all that! You've done enough already! No-one's claim'ed Hitman, and I've not actually played any of them..... :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:26 pm

M.Steiner
heh no worries. Consider Hitman yours in that case. Will send you a PM with the key in just a sec! ;)
The newest Hitman game (Absolution) was a huge disappointment for the most part. Blood Money on the other hand, whilst much older and obviously not as advanced in the graphics department, is far, far superior. Crackin' game :thumb:

[Edit] Infinite claimed by BD on IRC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:11 pm

SL33PY
gave qd something on his wishlist for christmas, got another steam game in return, playing trough warhammer 40k space marines :)

Edit:

I suck, you rock MS thanks for limbo :)

Return to “General Discussions”