Post your desktop 2015

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Post your desktop 2015

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:11 pm

M.Steiner
We used to do these all the time at one point but we haven't actually had one in 4 years believe it or not.
So!, go ahead and share some pics of your desktop(s). I'll get us started ;)

(The wallpaper is one of my own screenshots if you don't recognise it from the SC forum. Can find the PNG of it over here.]
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Post your desktop 2015

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:59 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
It's been 4 years? Wow. Would not have thought that...

I was renowned at one time for basically just posting up the same picture with slightly different icons every year, and if you'd caught me a week ago with this I'd have continued that tradition despite the 4 years gap! Now however, I have something new :)

"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:35 pm

M.Steiner
I see you're using Rainlendar too. So damn handy!
I have mine up in the same corner as well, I just have the opacity set to 0% on its default state so I have to mouse over for it to appear.

My desktop never used to be tidy like it is above, that is unless I'd specifically cleaned it up before taking a screenshot lol. I think this is the tidiest it has ever been tbh and it is always empty now. This is admittedly more to do with my drives than managing to keep it that way though haha. Since my smaller C drive is the SSD and what my OS is installed on (and thus the desktop), I set Firefox etc to dump all my downloads on the 2TB D drive instead. Has worked out quite well for the desktop hehe.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:58 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:I see you're using Rainlendar too. So damn handy!
I have mine up in the same corner as well, I just have the opacity set to 0% on its default state so I have to mouse over for it to appear.

My desktop never used to be tidy like it is above, that is unless I'd specifically cleaned it up before taking a screenshot lol. I think this is the tidiest it has ever been tbh and it is always empty now. This is admittedly more to do with my drives than managing to keep it that way though haha. Since my smaller C drive is the SSD and what my OS is installed on (and thus the desktop), I set Firefox etc to dump all my downloads on the 2TB D drive instead. Has worked out quite well for the desktop hehe.
Pretty sure you're the one who put me onto Rainlendar mate! If so, then thanks, because you're right that it's so handy! Never used a calendar really before, but I rely on it for everything these days!

As for my desktop, I keep mine tidy like my screenshot at all times haha. Not changed that approach since the Windows 95 days :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:41 am

Whizbang
You people and your messy desktops.

Behold a beautiful desktop with no clutter or junk:

And yes, that is my main monitor desktop. Everything is in menus on the auto-hide toolbar (Thanks 7-Stack!)
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:17 pm

M.Steiner
Do like that wallpaper, Mech! :)
Anubis wrote:Pretty sure you're the one who put me onto Rainlendar mate! If so, then thanks, because you're right that it's so handy! Never used a calendar really before, but I rely on it for everything these days!
Now that you mention it, I think you're right heh. But yeah, I shove pretty much everything in mine!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:09 pm

BlackDove
I can't post mine unfortunately, FRAPS will not capture it.

And it needs capture, it's animated, but nothing special.

These are the ones I use when static tho, I go back to them from time to time.

Image Image

There are never any desktop icons, but I do have Rainlendar and a quickbar (like on a Mac, but not ugly and standardized) at the bottom above the taskbar.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:35 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Absolutely love those last two backgrounds BD. Stunning!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:00 pm

Kon
I don't think I've shared my desktop on here since my Vista desktop. I've been using this for quite a while now.

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:24 pm

BlackDove
Ah, it works now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:30 am

Anubis
Site Admin
How does that not blind you BD :weird:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:07 am

BlackDove
At 100 inches I don't need lights in the room. It's like a gigantic lava lamp/surface of a blue sun.

Webm of course creates the pixelated artifacts due to compression, they do not exist on my screen obviously.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:19 am

M.Steiner
I've never used animated ones myself but that looks pretty cool I must admit.

Made myself a new wallpaper with this awesome illustration I found (used it for my manga list on MAL too):
Urasawa has yet to disappoint me.
It's still on-going but I hope we don't have to wait too long for the english editions of Billy Bat. Absolutely love his work.

[I've uploaded the wallpaper itself here should anyone else want it at some point]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:13 am

Padishar
I use spanning in Win8 across dual monitors, with this from EVE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:59 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Wow, that is stunning Pad. Eve is such a beautiful game!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:12 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I don't think I've ever in my life changed my desktop twice in a year before - normally wallpapers last me 3 years minimum. But just this once, I've made an exception.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:50 pm

Ozone
A shot of my son and 'Bertie' sitting watching the fireplace. Brought it into PS for a few and 'oldied' it up.

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Return to “General Discussions”