Whiskey/Rye/Bourbon Drinkers

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Whiskey/Rye/Bourbon Drinkers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:13 am

Whizbang
So to those of you out there who enjoy a nice glass of whiskey/rye/bourbon, what bottles are you currently enjoying?

I myself enjoy a nice rye whiskey and have recently been drinking Templeton Rye and have tried Redemption high-rye bourbon and today bought a bottle of High West double rye. I enjoy the Templeton due to its gentle flavor profile. The Redemption was ok but a bet 'meh'. The High West has really surprised me and is quite enjoyable due to it's blend of 2yr rye and 16yr rye which adds bite to a great flavor profile.

So, how about all of you drinkers out there. Have anything sitting on your shelves that you've been enjoying lately?
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

Re: Whiskey/Rye/Bourbon Drinkers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:01 am

M.Steiner
Never been much of a drinker myself, usually just special occassions really. Infact I use alcohol for cooking more than drinking tbh hehe.
It's not whiskey but I did buy my brother a bottle of Berentzen Apple Schnapps for Christmas, of which disappeared rather fast I must say. Bloody lovely!
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:14 am

Ozone
My go to bourbon is the 'Knob Creek small batch (9 year)'. Saying that, I just read your post with a glass of 'Four Roses Small Batch' in front of me.
If not sipping a bourbon I'm usually an Irish Whiskey drinker. Recently I've tried, and enjoyed, the inexpensive 'Clontarf 1014'. Usually I'll go with a pot still variety like 'Red Breast', and if I'm feeling generous to myself I'll drop a few bucks on 'Green Spot' or 'Tullamore Dew Phoenix'.
As with bourbons and Whiskeys, here come the Scots! I don't drink scotchs as much since I started enjoying bourbons, but if I do 'Macallen 10yr' is my go to, though if I'm in a peaty, Islay mood, I'll go for a bottle of 'Ardbeg'.
Never a rum drinker, I've recently become a big fan of 'Kirk and Sweeney Rum, a sipping rum that I would put up there with any good bourbon. I'm not a rum fan under normal circumstances, but this stuff is worth a look.

Cant get a normal 'a href' to work for hyperlink for whatever reason and I don't see a button. Probably cuz I'm drinking bourbon.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:56 pm

Chaos
I'm a single malt scotch drinker myself. Highland Park 18yr and Glenmorangie Nectar D'or mostly. As far a bourbon goes its usually Maker's Mark or Basil Hayden's if i can find it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:05 pm

Whizbang
I do enjoy a good scotch myself. Macallen 10yr was the first to bring me into the fold of scotch and since then it's been an interesting ride. I've had Macallen 10yr and 10yr cask strength, I've had the Macallen 12yr, Glenfiddich 12yr, one of the Glenlivit's, and one or two others that I can't recall. I've also revisited Johnny Walker as a test of what always seemed to be talked about when I was younger. Tasted too much of charcoal with little else for flavor.

A good scotch is always a nice thing, but with my current adventure being rye whiskey the scotches have been put on the back burner while I sample new flavors.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

Return to “General Discussions”