Gamescom 2015

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Gamescom 2015

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:51 pm

M.Steiner
Next week!

MICROSOFT
Tue Aug 4th at 3pm BST (4pm CEST / 7am PDT / 10am EDT]
http://www.twitch.tv/xbox
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/gamescom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYX0EuIm_Nc
http://www.twitch.tv/gametrailers

ELECTRONIC ARTS
Wed Aug 5th at 9am BST (10am CEST / 1am PDT / 4am EDT)
http://livetoplay.ea.com/gamescom-press-conference
http://www.twitch.tv/ea

BLIZZARD
Wed Aug 5th at 11am BST (12pm CEST / 3am PDT / 6am EDT]

[No live stream for this one apparently. Cos nobody would want to watch it, right?]

FINAL FANTASY XV
Wed Aug 5th at 5pm BST [6pm CEST / 9am PDT / 12pm EDT]
http://twitch.tv/squareenixpresents

CALL OF DUTY
Wed Aug 5th at 6pm BST [7pm CEST / 10am PDT / 1pm EDT]
http://callofduty.com/
http://www.twitch.tv/callofduty

BLIZZARD [WoW EXPANSION]
Thu Aug 6th at 5pm BST (6pm CEST / 9am PDT / 12pm EDT]
http://www.blizzgc.com/
http://www.twitch.tv/blizzard

STAR CITIZEN
Fri Aug 7th at 7pm BST (8pm CEST / 12pm PDT / 3pm EDT]
http://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen

Stream Backup: http://uk.ign.com/events/gamescom

Mafia 3 reveal at 1pm BST on Wed 5th too. Really excited for that in particular :D
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Gamescom 2015

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:50 pm

M.Steiner
So, will anyone be watching Gamescom this year? :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:54 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I'll be watching what I can! A friend of mine is actually going and will be on the Twitch stream at some point too, so I'll be looking out for that.

No real expectations for it as an event, but should be good to follow :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:38 pm

Kon
I had no idea this was happening this week, so thanks for the heads up. It's been a while since I caught up on Star Citizen news, so that show should be a real treat.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:04 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:A friend of mine is actually going and will be on the Twitch stream at some point too, so I'll be looking out for that.
Nice, is he doing anything in particular there? (to appear on Twitch), or just hoping to appear since it'll be streamed live? :)

Syberia 3 will be at gamescom too, btw!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:32 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:
Anubis wrote:A friend of mine is actually going and will be on the Twitch stream at some point too, so I'll be looking out for that.
Nice, is he doing anything in particular there? (to appear on Twitch), or just hoping to appear since it'll be streamed live? :)

Syberia 3 will be at gamescom too, btw!
She actually, and she'll be demoing a couple of games that her company are publishing :)

Really really jealous truth be told! I'm going to do Gamescom myself next year!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:54 pm

Kon
I thought Syberia 3 was vaporware, so this is certainly a welcome surprise!

Anubis, which games is your friend involved in? Seeing how its Gamescom I'd assume it's something up our alley and not Ribbit the River Frog's Reading Adventure?
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:21 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:She actually, and she'll be demoing a couple of games that her company are publishing :)

Really really jealous truth be told! I'm going to do Gamescom myself next year!
She, sorry!
Kondratev wrote:Anubis, which games is your friend involved in?
Aye, what games will she be demoing for them mate? Anything we might be interested in? Will keep a lookout :)
Would love to go to a big gaming event like this so will be very jealous if you get to go next year hehe. Maybe one day though!

and yep, unless something has changed we'll get to see Syberia 3 this week.
For the very first time, the music from the two earlier games will be played live by a symphonic orchestra during the three Video Games Live concerts performed at Gamescom, a major video game event in Europe. Video Games Live, created, produced and hosted by the famous musician and composer Tommy Tallarico, is an immersive concert which highlights music from the greatest video games of all time.
Exclusively, during these concerts, the first music from Syberia 3 will be revealed, accompanied by the very first animated images from the game.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressrele ... ncerts.php

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:13 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Sorry, sorry! Meant to reply to this last night.

She works for a small publisher, so the games are broadly indie level I'd say. Not sure which titles she's going to be demoing specifically yet, but I know she's working the Nintendo booth so it'll likely be Nintendo games she demos.

WIll let you guys know when I know :)
M.Steiner wrote:Would love to go to a big gaming event like this so will be very jealous if you get to go next year hehe. Maybe one day though!
You should look at doing a day of EGX mate now it's moved to Birmingham's NEC! Can vouch for how great that was last year! It's not an E3/Gamescom scale event, but all the big players are there - I'd highly recommend it as entry level!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:20 pm

M.Steiner
Not gonna post all the vids from today (check my tweets for those!) but here's the Mafia 3 reveal:
:thumb:

[Edit]
Anubis wrote:She works for a small publisher, so the games are broadly indie level I'd say. Not sure which titles she's going to be demoing specifically yet, but I know she's working the Nintendo booth so it'll likely be Nintendo games she demos.
Just saw your retweet for this (Extreme Exorcism, right?]. Supposed to be on between 2:30pm-3.00pm CET (1:30pm-2:00pm GMT) which we don't reach the start of for another 15mins but I suspect she meant CEST & BST which means I've missed it. I'll check their archive later if so! :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:28 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Yep, that's the one mate! I missed it while working too, but I'm watching the archive myself so I can see it ^^

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:09 pm

M.Steiner
So, what were everyones highlights from gamescom this year? :)

Mine:
  • Star Citizen
  • Dark Souls III
  • Mirror's Edge 2
  • Mafia 3
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
Putting the multi-crew demo from the Star Citizen presentation up first as that was quite honestly one of the most impressive gaming displays I've ever seen. Still work in progress of course but an incredible display and so great to see major parts of the "vision" coming together so well. Loved the social module footage as well (which is what started turning me onto the game in the first place) but the multi-crew footage was something else. It wasn't pre-recorded or cleaned up either, they ran through it twice, live. - If any of you still haven't seen it then go, right this minute and visit the SC forum and bloody watch it already! :p

I still need to get to DS1 & 2 (still got a huge backlog lol) but Bloodborne really, really surprised me this year. It was in my top 10 most anticipated games for the year but I had it more towards the end of that list. Always loved the setting and art style of it but screenshots and videos didn't always do it much justice or get me crazily hyped. Wasn't until I actually played the game at release that it blew me away and exceeded all expectations. One of the best games I've played this year (or ever), and only behind TW3 right now. Twas easily the most challenging game I've ever played and left me wanting more, as frustrated as I got with it at times haha. I really want a Bloodborne 2 now (and I'll get the expansion for sure) but Dark Souls III looks like a nice mix of both. Very similar look to Bloodborne, slightly faster combat, (what appears to be) the same engine etc. Until I saw the multi-crew demo for SC, DS3 was the main gamescom reveal I kept thinking about and I can't bloody wait. - If you ever buy a PS4, make sure that Bloodborne is one of the first games you buy for it.

Been a fan of Mirror's edge since day 1 and has remained one of my most requested games to get a sequel for many years now. We're finally getting one and it looks fantastic! Was expecting a gameplay trailer rather than a demo so was really happy with that for a start. Looks like more of the same (which is a good thing!) but much bigger and better. They've also removed the ability to pick up guns which was a great decision as they were one of my only complaints from the first game as they don't really serve a purpose in a game like that.

Mafia 1 is one of my favourite games of all time (and was a huge fan of 2 as well) so this was the game I was most excited for seeing, going into gamescom. Love the setting & location they've chosen for the third game (and putting you in the role of a mixed race guy as well). This is not the kinda thing we usually see in games so I'll be very interested to see what they do with that and the kind of issues they decide to tackle. I would have liked to have seen some more gameplay as well (if you only watched the reveal trailer then look up as there's some in the second video I linked) but since the game was only just revealed, I'll let em off.
Always loved the Mafia games for their soundtracks as well and going by the time period that this is set in (late 60s/early 70s), Mafia 3 could potentially have one of the best licensed music soundtracks ever. The reveal trailer gave us a great taster of that with Jimi's version of All along the Watchtower and House of the Rising Sun. If they manage to get some Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zep etc in there I'll be over the moon :D

Was juggling between Rise of the Tomb Raider and Battlefront here but decided to go with the former.
Twas nice to see a proper gameplay demo of TR this time, unlike one of the boring scriped sections they chose to show us at E3. Uncharted originally copied Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider (reboot) copied Uncharted and now Rise of the Tomb Raider is doing the same again but to The Last of Us as well lol. This is not a complaint though! Gameplay looked fantastic, much bigger areas to explore and most importantly, tombs and puzzles. My main complaint from the reboot game as there was hardly any of either. I mean, how can you have a Tomb Raider game without tombs? lol. Lots to explore in RotTR though which I'm really happy about. New stealth mechanics and crafting look great, albeit ripped straight out of The Last of Us. They've chosen well though as TLOU did both of those extremely well. Was quite surprised by the graphics as well tbh. As a PC gamer and someone with a current gen PS4, I'm not a fan of the devs who are still designing their games as cross-gen titles. Thankfully, this is happening less and less now (Ubi are only releasing for current gen now for example) but it still limits a games potential when you're developing for a previous gen console as well. Things get cut, scaled back etc. Still, despite also releasing for the 360, RotTR looked pretty great visually, to my surprise. That being said, I hope they go all out on current-gen for the next game.

Return to “General Discussions”