The STR Screenshot Thread

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: The STR Screenshot Thread

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:03 pm

esd
XB1, Forza Horizon 3. Bokeh.
FH3Bokeh.jpg
FH3Bokeh.jpg (45.88 KiB) Viewed 31223 times
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:47 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
What did you do to generate that? :lol:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:22 am

esd
Anubis wrote:What did you do to generate that? :lol:
Pointed the camera at a ferris wheel, set the exposure time to maximum, the apeture wide open and monochrome mode on. And made sure it was out of focus.

It's not all cars :D
fh3Drone.jpg
fh3Drone.jpg (99.28 KiB) Viewed 31214 times
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:12 pm

M.Steiner
RiME (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:34 pm

M.Steiner
Everspace (PC)
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:13 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Ooo. Everspace looks VERY pretty!

Is there a good story to go with the graphics? :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:47 pm

M.Steiner
The game does have a story but (at least from what I have seen), there isn't much of one, sadly. It feels kinda tacked on tbh.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:36 pm

M.Steiner
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (PS4)
Image Image
Image Image
I've never actually played the Kingdom Hearts series before, despite it being so well known. With KH3 in development (and hopefully not too far away now) which I would quite like to play, I figured it would be best for me to start at the beginning of the series. For starters, to see if I actually like these games, but I know that their story & plot points will be important for going into 3 with if I want to understand what's actually going on heh.

I must say, for a game that is 15 years old they've done a wonderful job with the remastering of the first one. I was quite surprised tbh, it looks really good! I haven't played that many hours of it so far so it's still early days, but I like what I've played of it so far and have been quite taken aback by its difficulty at points. Looking forward to playing more later :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:15 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Kingdom Hearts has never really appealed to me much tbh, despite being a genre fan. The subject matter just feels too...childish from the outside I think!

Maybe a policy I should review at some point, if you find them up to par :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:53 pm

M.Steiner
It's funny you say this because that's one of the reasons which has put me off buying them for so long! KH3 has caught my eye a few times though so I decided to do some digging (not too much so as to spoil, but enough to get an idea).

I'm still only a little way through the first game myself atm (so I've seen very little of the series as a whole) but what encouraged me to give the games a go and buy the HD 1.5 and 2.5 Remix boxset was reading (from multiple sources) that the games, while superficially childlike (it being Disney doesn't help that preconception), are anything but. The overarching story of the series is supposed to be pretty deep and complex from all accounts, and get quite dark in places too. With each title in the series being integral to the plot and the understanding of it. I can't confirm or deny this myself yet as I'm only on the first game as I say, and it spans multiple entries, but this is the impression I came away with when looking into the games and what ultimately made me decide to give them a go :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:48 pm

M.Steiner
Battlefield 1 (PC)
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:36 am

M.Steiner
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age (PS4)
Image Image
Image Image

This is a perfect example of a remaster done right, imo.

You've got the Zodiac Job System which adds a ton more depth & customization to your party (with rebalancing to compensate), a stunning reorchestrated soundtrack in surround sound, better loading times, an auto-save system when zoning, 2x 4x speed modes (great for trekking over long distances & grinding), an awesome map overlay, a trial mode (100 stage battle which I haven't tried yet), both Japanese & English voice tracks (so first time I'm getting to play it in Japanese!) and then you have the graphical improvements, as you'd expect from a remaster; 1080p (1440p on Pro but only if you have a 4K TV), higher resolution textures, character models, improved lighting, DoF & AO... Lots more little changes & additions too which I'm probably forgetting.

FFXII was never among my top 3 Final Fantasy titles but I have always been a fan of it, and was looking forward to this release. Playing it again all these years later and I'd say I'm probably enjoying it more now (thanks to the remaster treatment, along with appreciating it more with age, I think) than I did originally, now over a decade ago. Maybe not the best, but this is a great FF made greater from this release. Give it a look if you have a PS4, or when it inevitably (although not yet confirmed) comes to PC (which I'd hazard a guess will be 1yr from now) :thumb:

Anny - I still say it deserves a second chance <3 ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:43 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Glad to hear (and see!) that it's a good remaster...I just wish they'd done it to a better game tbh :blank:

To date FF12 is the only Final Fantasy game I've ever thrown out my copy of. It was such, SUCH a poor game with an unfinished story, a lame main character, and mechanics that played themselves. I really...I just don't have any desire to suffer through it again.

I guess we'll see when it come to PC. If it's dirt cheap, might consider it I suppose, but I've no intention of paying retail price for it again. Fool me once...

Glad you're enjoying it though mate at least! Hope that continues :)

When it comes to FF games though, the one I really want to get back to at some point is 14.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:32 pm

M.Steiner
Finished with FFXII now. Didn't completely 100% it but did enough to feel satisfied and probably saw more of the game this time around than I ever did before.

Haven't fully decided on the August releases just yet. Sonic Mania is tempting (it's about time we saw a new Sonic game which looks & plays like the Sonic games I grew up with), and I keep going back and forth with Agents of Mayhem (it could be a sleeper hit, or it could be complete garbage, it's hard to tell atm lol) but Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will be a definite, as will Yakuza Kiwami (though I may not start it on day 1 as it wasn't that long ago I played 0), and episode 1 of Life is Strange: Before the Storm. Expect some screenshots from Uncharted at the very least ;)

Been playing a bit of this in the meantime:
Kingdoms and Castles (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
Quite a simple game in its current state, which I think should probably be considered an early access title even though it isn't tagged as such. That being said, I've already played 3hrs of it and for just 6.99 I'm not complaining :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:13 pm

M.Steiner
My Hospital (iOS)
Image Image
Image Image
Not the type of game or platform I'd usually post screenshots of, or picture quality either for that matter, but I discovered this game on the App Store a few weeks ago now and have not only been really enjoying it myself, but managed to get my family hooked on it as well lol. Mobile games don't generally tend to keep my attention for long (compared to PC/console titles) but this one certainly has, especially this last 10 day or so where I haven't been able to game on my PC.
It's free & available on both iOS and Android so worth a look if you liked games like Theme Hospital & fancy something casual to play on your phone. I've found it quite addictive heh :)

When I'm back at my PC properly (next day or two hopefully), I'm planning to pick this Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice game up. Only discovered it a few days ago but its themes on mental health really interest me, and the reviews/player impressions I've been reading sound great too so I think I'll be checking that out before Uncharted (23rd) if I can. You can expect some screenies of that if I do! :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:06 am

M.Steiner
Observer (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:51 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
What were your overall thoughts on Observer mate? Curious, since it does look awesome even if not for me!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:09 am

M.Steiner
I wouldn't put it in my top 5 for the year (#8 atm) as it's going to take something very special to budge those, 4 of the 5 at least, but I did really enjoy it. I found a large chunk of the game to be very trippy & surreal, more so than I expected, and at times, a little creepy & unsettling, but never scary. There are a few jump-scares in there but apart from the very first time, they didn't really affect me tbh, not like Amnesia, Outlast etc.

One thing I will be sure to do when I return to it again is to fiddle around with the ini files though. I did think it was my meds at first, or maybe because I had hardly been at my PC for a few weeks, but I came away feeling quite nauseous after a couple of sittings with the game and I came to the conclusion that it was due to the FOV being so narrow as default. I believe it can be manually changed via an ini file though (as annoyingly, there's no ingame slider for it) but that's something I always change when given the option.

Funny thing... whilst playing it I remember thinking to myself how awesome it would be to have an open world cyberpunk RPG which looks as good as Observer, and then instantly remembered Cyberpunk 2077. Like, how could I forget? haha. Seriously though, that game has GOAT written all over it without even seeing it yet lol.

Side note though; You may remember it from Devolver Digital's E3 'conference' as I think it was one of the only games they announced during it (lol), but RUINER has just been given a release date for next month (Sep 26th). It's an isometric cyberpunk shooter if you forgot. No horror. http://store.steampowered.com/app/464060/RUINER/ Looks pretty sick too :)

(Uncharted: The Lost Legacy screenies this week. My copy is preparing for dispatch ;D)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:25 am

M.Steiner
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Might have some more this weekend :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:58 pm

M.Steiner
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
Image Image
Image Image
Last ones :)

Finished the game in just over 9hrs and was an absolute blast! If ND decide to do any more Uncharted games in the future I'd love to see them continue with Chloe and Nadine.
Think my series ranking would be: 4 > 2 > TLL > 3 > 1 (I wouldn't put 2 and TLL that far apart tbh)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:04 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Uncharted looks as stunning as ever! Great pics bud!

Got my copy midweek and can't wait to play, but unfortunately I also got Persona 5 and Kiwami this week, and only just started Nier Automata :lol:

Might be a while!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:53 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Uncharted looks as stunning as ever! Great pics bud!

Got my copy midweek and can't wait to play, but unfortunately I also got Persona 5 and Kiwami this week, and only just started Nier Automata :lol:

Might be a while!
Thankies :D
It sure does, you gotta love the Naughty Gods!

and haha. You've got some superb games lined up for playing mate, so take your time & enjoy. Would love to go back & experience some of this years games for the very first time again, you are in for a treat! ;)
  • Persona 5
  • Nier: Automata
  • Yakuza 0
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Are my top 5 so far this year. Apart from TLL which has just snuck in there (replacing RE7), the other 4 haven't budged in months. Wondering if I'll end up having 2 Yakuza titles on there by the end of the year but we shall have to see lol. Keep changing my mind in regards to the ordering of 1-3 though, they're all #1 worthy tbh.

Been a good year being a PS4 owner too, I might add. Not bad at all having 4 out of 5 titles in my top 5 for the year (so far) being PS4 exclusives. Another fantastic lineup from Sony I'd say :)

(Started Kiwami this evening so will have a few pics of that to share next. I expect to be playing it a while if the other games are any indication of length & content heh. Shall have to make room for Before the Storm next week though!)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:24 pm

M.Steiner
Life is Strange: Before the Storm (Episode 1) (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

My choices:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:02 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I'm so so happy and excited to be back in Arcadia Bay! Hella hyped! :D

My choices: Not sure we could have been much more different MS :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:52 pm

M.Steiner
Aye, me too :)
Shame that it's not as long as the first season but as episode 3 will probably arrive mid Jan, hopefully the start of season 2 will be Q1 and not much later. Be nice to play them close together.

And yep, those are quite different haha.
I felt a little bit bad for not defending Nathan but regardless of the fact he has issues and was a victim himself to a degree, I know he'll still go on to do some terrible things so thought '<censored> him'. Surprised with the high percentage of people who chose to step in though tbh, wouldn't have expected that! - Maybe some of those were new players too though, as if I was playing Before the Storm first I would most definitely have done the same.

Return to “General Discussions”