Nov & Dec

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Nov & Dec

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:53 pm

M.Steiner
2 months left of the year with a pretty busy release schedule ahead. Which games are you guys planning to pick up? or have already pre-ordered?

Here are some of them:
  • Anno 2205 (PC)
  • Need for Speed (PS4/XBO)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops III (All)
  • Fallout 4 (PC/PS4/XBO)
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider (XBO)
  • StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void (PC)
  • Football Manager 2016 (PC)
  • Star Wars: Battlefront (PC/PS4/XBO)
  • Assassin's Creed Syndicate (PC)
  • Bloodborne: The Old Hunters (PS4)
  • Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash [WiiU]
  • Just Cause 3 (PC/PS4/XBO)
  • Rainbow Six Siege (PC/PS4/XBO)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X [WiiU]
  • RollerCoaster Tycoon World [PC]
  • Yakuza 5 [PS3]
Me?
SP: Anno 2205, Fallout 4, AC Syndicate & the Bloodborne expansion.
MP: SW: Battlefront & R6 Siege

Interested in Just Cause 3 & RCTW too but (depending on reviews & player impressions) will pick those up in a sale at some point. Would be getting RotTR as well if it wasn't Xbone only for now. Damn them :p
Yakuza 5 is slated for mid-Nov but no exact date yet. Won't be buying it at release as I still need to play Yakuza 4 but will be getting it asap.

- I expect Fallout 4 will be a popular choice here but whilst I'm really excited for that too, I will be honest, I don't expect it to live up to The Witcher 3 or even come close to matching it. I'm sure it'll still be great though.
- AC Unity was quite disappointing on the whole but I loved Rogue (to my surprise), so gonna give Syndicate a go. The setting of this is easily my favourite of the entire series so they better not <censored> it up.
- New Anno looks great from the vids I've watched (and beautiful!). We don't get enough games like this either so should add some variety to my playlist.
- Bloodborne expansion will be a must for me. Main game was magnificent and if it wasn't for TW3 this would have been my GOTY. Will help ease the wait for Dark Souls III too. Gonna have to replay the main game in order to reach whatever point the expansion content begins though I guess.
- Battlefront & R6 as I need some multiplayer games in there too. The SW:BF beta was one of the most enjoyable (and smoothest) beta's I've played tbh and left me annoyed as the game wasn't out yet lol. Also whilst the R6 beta had quite a few probs with it, most were to do with the servers & matchmaking rather than the game itself. Those aside, it was actually pretty fun and something I'd like to play more of.

Hope some of you will consider picking SW:BF up for a STR multiplayer game too, if you weren't already :)

Lots to look forward to still, anyway! This year has been fantastic.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Nov & Dec

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:37 pm

esd
Fallout 4, for sure.
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:07 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I've actually just cancelled everything I had pre-ordered for the next couple of months, because my backlog is so huge right now and progress with The Witcher 3 is going so slow...

I don't want to be paying full price for more stuff I won't play for 6 months. I'll pick some of these up eventually, but not any time soon!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:08 am

Whizbang
FO4 and FM16 are pre-ordered and I'm anxiously awaiting those two. :thumb:
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:09 am

M.Steiner
No Battlefront, Anny? Can understand not pre-ordering Fallout 4 etc if you're still not done with TW3. For one they'd just sit there, so not much point in getting them day one. It's not like you're going to want to go straight from one RPG (or lengthy game) to another either I guess. SW:BF though? Something to play with peeps here every now and then? :)

Been a long time since I played anything with ya too! Other than that one game of SR4 we did one evening, I think it's probably 2012 with TOR?
I have to try <3
So hard getting people to play stuff these days. Tried it with WildStar & failed. Tried it with BF4. Even tried to get more people into Star Citizen and people have actually backed that. Maybe it's just me? lol
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:50 pm

SL33PY
fallout 4 pip boy edition :D :D also later this year all windows mobile 10 phones will be able to run not only windows apps, but apple and android apps as well :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Return to “General Discussions”