Summer 2012 [June > Aug]

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Summer 2012 [June > Aug]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:13 pm

M.Steiner
So, the summer season is already underway. Has anyone picked anything up yet? decided on some? or giving this season a miss entirely? [Chart]
I'll be honest and say it looks like total shite for the most part and I wasn't even going to bother with it besides the 1 OVA, however after giving it some thought I have decided to pick 2 little shows up as well.

Those are: I've already watched the first episodes of both Natsuyuki Rendezvous & Tari Tari and quite enjoyed both of them tbh, NR more so. They're both short shows too so I'll stick them out and see how they go.

The Geass OVA (Gaiden) was the only thing I was going to watch for definite this season and still will. As far as the Nunnally in Wonderland OVA goes however, I have no intention of watching that if I'm honest. The name alone puts me off even considering it but the PV for it looked absolutely ridiculous too so that didn't help convince me otherwise hehe. I know at least Anny will be watching this though so I'll wait to hear feedback first and may consider picking it up at a later date if I got it wrong. ;)

I did see this show - Aruvu Rezuru on the chart a while ago too. Before I decided to watch Natsuyuki Rendezvous & Tari Tari this was the only show that sounded like it might be worth my time but it seems to have disappeared now oO. Can't see a start date for it either so not sure on this one.. If this is still due to air this season I may make this my third show, will see..

There's also Hakuouki Reimeiroku which I have considered since it's a prequel but I don't generally tend to watch prequels to things before I've seen what they're actually a prequel to so I may leave this for now and watch it after the others, whenever I get to them. Unless I change my mind ofc!

Think that's about it for me, so atm it's just the 2 shows and the Geass OVA. Will at least give me a chance to catch up on some of the older shows I've had sitting on my HDD for months whilst I've been bogged down with all the previous seasonal shows heh.
What about the rest of ya? :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Summer 2012

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:There's also Hakuouki Reimeiroku which I have considered since it's a prequel but I don't generally tend to watch prequels to things before I've seen what they're actually a prequel to so I may leave this for now and watch it after the others, whenever I get to them. Unless I change my mind ofc!
This is the only show that is airing this season that I'll be watching. Both of the original Hakuouki series were very good and enjoyable shows, and I'm really looking forward to more from this universe from before Chizuru met the Shinsengumi :)

With regards to OVAs, I'll be picking up both of the Geass OVAs (shocking, I know :p ) and also the Hakuouki Sekkaroku OVA. I think that's part of a mini-series, but I'm not too sure. I'll be looking that up. Admittedly though, the Geass OVAs are the things I am most excited for this season by a long way :)

I am also following Gundam Unicorn, but the first episode of that released so long ago that I forgot what happened in it :sweat: I'll wait until all seven episodes of that are released before I pick it back up probably, since if they keep releasing at their current pace it'll be another two years yet.

EDIT: Oh, also the Persona 4 OVA. I had missed that one :) It's meant to have the "true ending" of the show.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:22 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
So how are people finding the little that they picked up this season?

I must admit to being somewhat disappointed with Hakuouki so far. The other seasons felt a lot stronger, perhaps because I feel like this one is more fictional-centric in some ways, whereas the other series were more broadly historical with some fiction added in. Hopefully I'll change my mind as it progresses further though!

Also, since I found out the Geass OVAs are going to be released over the course of a year or so, I've decided I'll leave them until they've all been released rather than forgetting the plot by the time each episode comes out. So that, I have not seen yet - has anyone else taken a look?

Hopefully others have been having a better experience with their own shows?
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:42 pm

M.Steiner
Tari Tari & Natsuyuki Rendezvous have been alright but that's about it, the latter being the better of the two. This season looked really crap before it started though so "alright" isn't too bad I guess.

Against my better judgement I gave Nunnally in Wonderland a go too since it was just the one episode. One or two parts did make me laugh I'll give it that but it is essentially some cheap milking for cash and other than involving the cast of Code Geass (hardly any Kallen either) and the power of Geass itself it doesn't look or feel anything like the main show and is not worth watching at all I don't think. Maybe some would like it just for some light-hearted fun but the story is just stupid and whilst the art and (very, very little) animation does fit the picture book theme and the way in which the story is being narrated it's just an excuse for Sunrise being f*king lazy bastards.
I've actually seen one or two people rate it a 10 but they're either insane or they're a blind fanboy/girl who's happy to eat any old shite just because it's their favourite franchise. ~ I think Geass remains your favourite anime show too, Anny (?) but I can't even see you rating this one highly lol :)

[Edit: Forgot to say - I'm going to wait until until all of Boukoku no Akito has been released and subbed before I start that too. I've skipped through an unsubbed video of the first half of ep1 which they released on their site (the one I linked you recently Anny), just to take a look but I didn't sit down and actually watch it. The art does look sweet from first glimpse. Also the full Ep1 isn't "out there" yet anyway as far as I'm aware :)]

Tbh the only things really worth watching atm are the final seasons of both Breaking Bad & Damages and season 3 of Louie. BB blows everything else outta the water.
The Autumn season looks a little more promising though. Had my eyes on a few shows for a while now, I shall go post a thread since it's not far away! :p
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Return to “Anime”