Hellsing Ultimate

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Hellsing Ultimate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
So, who's watching this or planning to watch it?

The final episode is due out in a couple of days time, and it having been on my "must watch" list for quite a while now it's one I'll be jumping on. It's been extremely highly praised by everyone who's seen it from what I can see, and has been generally noted as a very significant improvement on the original Hellsing.

Since I know a few of you were fans of the original Hellsing, I figured it might spur some interest here? :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Hellsing Ultimate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:59 pm

M.Steiner
yep yep!
Hellsing Ultimate is something I've been waiting to watch for over a year now so I've made sure I'm all caught up in time for episode 10 (releases on boxing day). Wanted to be able to watch the final ep as soon as it was subbed but without a several months gap or something silly inbetween, hate that. Shouldn't have to wait too long after its official release I don't think. It's very highly anticipated so that may speed things up too? One can hope hehe.
I wasn't a massive fan of the original if I'm honest (it was alright) but Ultimate has been great and so much better imo. The jump in overall quality is very similar to that of Fate/stay night > Fate/Zero which I think I mentioned before. Episodes are also between 42-56 minutes as well so they're jam-packed full of action and much longer than that of the original series.
Wouldn't quite call it a masterpiece or anything and in that respect I think it may be a little overrated by some people out there. Gave it a 9/10 from my initial impressions but I won't give it a final rating until I've watched all of it :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Return to “Anime”