GitS Arise

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

GitS Arise

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:38 am

M.Steiner
Ohhh hell yeah!!!

BD let this loose on IRC last night when the early rumours/reports were flying around but it has now been confirmed. This news ofc deserves a thread.
No Kenji Kamiyama or Yoko Kanno attached to this anime unfortunately but Kazuchika Kise (directing) worked as an animator on the GitS movies (and the Evangelion rebuilds too) and Tow Ubukata (writing) is behind the great Mardock Scramble.

At the time of writing this nowhere seems to state what the format of this new anime will be exactly, whether it's a movie, series or OVA. I'm thinking and hoping it'll be a series rather than movie but either way I'm sure many of you will be extremely excited to see a new anything of Ghost in the Shell. I know I certainly am.

Details here: Ghost in the Shell Arise Anime to Launch in 2013 :thumb:

Can't friggin' wait!
Excited? :D
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Arise

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Not exactly one of my favourite series, but I'll probably watch it.

Glad to see some of you over the moon though ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Arise

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:43 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Not exactly one of my favourite series, but I'll probably watch it.
How is this possible? :p
Glad to see some of you over the moon though ;)
Yar :D

btw, this live presentation they're doing which will reportedly be "streamed live worldwide on February 12". Do any of you reckon they'll have an english speaking translator there?. Normally I would have naturally assumed they wouldn't and that it'll all be in Japanese but if they're streaming it worldwide... maybe?. I wouldn't mind watching it next month so long as I can actually understand what they're saying heh :)

Re: GitS Arise

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:20 pm

M.Steiner
From the live presentation earlier:
It'll be a 4 part prequel with Motoko when she was younger, each part being around 50 minutes. Maaya Sakamoto will be voicing her.
The first part of this will be shown in Japanese theatres on June 22nd though if it's anything like the release schedule of Akito the Exiled, it could be a while before we get to see all of it subbed. Still I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, the PV looks <censored> badass :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:01 am

Kon
When I look at the promo material for this, I can only think of Akira. Something about the style strikes me as very retro, for whatever reason. Maybe it's the way her hair is done. Either way, I'll be sure to catch this one.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:26 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Yeah, I agree actually. The girl in the poster really does make me think of Akira. Interesting artistic choice.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “Anime”