What All u think Of making A guild division

Moderator: Global Moderators

What All u think Of making A guild division

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:02 am

Smavin
Hello IM Makeing this because I wana Her Your Views And THoughts On This :confused:

On The Great Wall Server Do You Think It would be good to make a n00b division called Cadets for poeple under lvl 40, and once they hit lvl 40 they get promoted to the full guild

Reply with your thoughts and answers and posible ideas
Thanks Yours Thankfully New Member Smavin :thumb:

Re: What All u think Of making A guild division

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:48 am

LIGHTNING
Smavin wrote:Hello IM Makeing this because I wana Her Your Views And THoughts On This :confused:

On The Great Wall Server Do You Think It would be good to make a n00b division called Cadets for poeple under lvl 40, and once they hit lvl 40 they get promoted to the full guild

Reply with your thoughts and answers and posible ideas
Thanks Yours Thankfully New Member Smavin :thumb:
Well for starters: Welcome to the SSX forums. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Here's some info about the SSX here: http://www.shatteredstar.org/ssx/forums ... php?t=1914

Now, It has come to my attention that most of the members in-game only joined to get Power Leveled, and seems to not care about being "Part of the Guild" as a community.

Many of the members still are not "Official SSX Members" because a) They have not asked to join officially [Being vouched for by 2 members] with the exception of the original 5 members who started the CO Group, or b) They are not aware of it [Similar reason to a) ]

Being in the SSX to me is about commitment. If we are to create a division, for these so-called "Noobs/Cadets" How will we know they are commited to the SSX? and will they actually come and visit the forums and join us, and chat a bit?

"Members" and the SSX in the game, this topic is open for discussion.
I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.
- LIGHTNING (September 22, 2005)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:56 pm

=BTM=
I think the guild itself needs to be a bit bigger before this is a necessary step in developing the guild further.
And also lvl 40 is to low a level, personally Id set the limit to lvl 70 when the game itself dont regard you a noob anymore (at the point where you stop giving virtue points but are to gain them instead)

As for knowing how dedicated the noobs in the "noob" branch would be I guess we wont know it anymore than those who are members in the main part of the guild. But the best solution would be if a "noob" branch where to be formed let one of the more dedicated SSX members be the branch manager to make sure to give all the noobs a nudge or three towards the SSX door step.

I guess the more specific details about such a branch can be discussed later on when and if we decide to even have one.
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."
-Jack Burton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:11 pm

Inquisitor
Be very careful with segregation.
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:56 pm

LIGHTNING
Inquisitor wrote:Be very careful with segregation.
Maybe I should say this for the record, I'm against this. It makes it feel like we have ranks among the SSX. I always felt that we're all equal.

I have said this from time to time, and friends can quote me on this, I'm a noob. Even if you think I have a ["Powerful"] character in the game, I'm still a noob. :cool:

Still open to discussions. Also, should I make active members in the forums be the Deputy Leaders in-game?

Because I have 2 random high lvl characters acting out as Deps right now, and I feel thats wrong.
I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:42 am

=BTM=
yea, 2 random high lvls as dls, but you never asked me to be one :p
-Edit: appoint those you think will bring in good people, are fairly active and sets a good standard for the rest of the guild to follow.

Now the good think with the branch system is that just because you divide the guild up in to like that is that the ones in the branch is still just as big part of the guild as those in the main guild, they will have the same ingame guild chat as the rest of us, same bulletin msg from the GL, same allies and enemies...

It`d make it easier to see who in the guild needs alittle bit extra attention in learning the game etc.

An idea on how to use the branch idea would to have a branch for all the new members, and leave the main branch for those vouched as official SSX members, but as the Guild system doesnt really have any good support for moving members back and forth, but having the one moved leave his current branch to join the one he`s supposed to be in makes it more trouble it is worth =/

imo, the branch idea for noobs is good enough in itself, seen it on many good guilds before and it works, but I still think the SSX guild need to grow and mature more before taking it to the next level of bringin in branches
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."
-Jack Burton

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:05 am

Smavin
Yea Just An Update
When I Said Division
What i meant to say was Branch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:03 am

LIGHTNING
Smavin wrote:Yea Just An Update
When I Said Division
What i meant to say was Branch
Noted: Smavin was referring to a "Branch" which is a guild sub-division in the game.

I think the players from the CO group knows, but for clarification, its not a sub-division withing the SSX itself.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:17 am

Smavin
OK well Thanks for the tips and it was just an idea

thanks for welcoming me to the guild and i think this guild is great

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:48 am

LIGHTNING
Smavin wrote:OK well Thanks for the tips and it was just an idea

thanks for welcoming me to the guild and i think this guild is great
Your still not vouched for. Just keep playing with us for a while, and then ask 2 members from the forums to vouch for you when you think your ready.

Note: Read the "Join the SSX" section of any group website, and you'll see what we're talking about.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:31 am

Svarog
Maybe if we wanted a branch, it should have a reason behind it. Like if a guild has lots of waters ( :lol: ) a branch can be created to keep 'em all organized, and I could lead, because I am 'teh uber 1337z0r water-tao'...

And you must have someone you really trust, otherwise the guild (in-game) can split :shake:

Edited By: LIGHTNING
Reason: Please remove the image in your signature. We don't allow animated Avatars, and/or images in signatures.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:59 am

LIGHTNING
Hey max, please be kind to not have a sig in your Signature. We like to keep the forum bandwith friendly. Thank you.

Going back to BTM not being a DL, go lvl yourself brah. I'm tired of getting myself PKed by LoungHings and Monkeys, and Donkeys :smack:

I could use more active, and better backup from time to time.

Right now, with the guild under 50 members, and under 10 registered members, I see no real point in exploring this Game feature at this time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:16 pm

=BTM=
sorry bout that lightning, beeing at the most boring lvl area atm DC which I hate... kinda drains my lvling spirit >_<
Also need to get myself a better ring, normal just doesnt cut it in the long run :o

Ill try to get more active again, just needed a little break.
-Jack Burton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:58 pm

Svarog
Yeah, I agree with Lightning, now is not the time...
Frag the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:58 am

polosatik
hmm. :) nice forum topic..lots of posts.. but guess i been behind on ma forum readings ...
bleh..>_< oh yah.. wat was i saying.. hehe..wanted to give ma word about branch, devision.. however whoever wants to call it..
yah i'd agree with ppl who said guild is still a abit small for branches...but unless people forgot..i want to remind u how it feels to be low level.. most high level chars look at u like u are nothing :weird: ..lower than dirt..(no offence to other nice high lev who actualy try to help).. and i not saying this to put people down.. just the way things are, unfortunatly. :shake: ..
anyhow..and to put low levels into branch.. will be a bit .. like saying.. we do want u in our guild..but we dont want u mixed with all "good" players..grow up a bit "kiddos".. plus.. when u are in branch u can see only who is in that branch which further can depress people.. like where da heck everybody go? and why am i feeling so alone..etc etc.
combining all of this.. u'll have to have bunch of people who are willing to go through this to get into guild (when some other guilds practically begging for people to join).. :shake: ....
aa ginkers..i should stop at this.. or i'd be writting an essay here hehe =D..sry ppl..didnt mean to let my nagging carried away ^_^" ..but hope i gave yar some new ideas how branches are.. :smack:

P.S. pardon for making it lengthy :sweat:
Anaida (112, troj)/ Juna (113, arch)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:32 pm

LIGHTNING
polosatik wrote:hmm. :) nice forum topic..lots of posts.. but guess i been behind on ma forum readings ...
bleh..>_< oh yah.. wat was i saying.. hehe..wanted to give ma word about branch, devision.. however whoever wants to call it..
yah i'd agree with ppl who said guild is still a abit small for branches...but unless people forgot..i want to remind u how it feels to be low level.. most high level chars look at u like u are nothing :weird: ..lower than dirt..(no offence to other nice high lev who actualy try to help).. and i not saying this to put people down.. just the way things are, unfortunatly. :shake: ..
anyhow..and to put low levels into branch.. will be a bit .. like saying.. we do want u in our guild..but we dont want u mixed with all "good" players..grow up a bit "kiddos".. plus.. when u are in branch u can see only who is in that branch which further can depress people.. like where da heck everybody go? and why am i feeling so alone..etc etc.
combining all of this.. u'll have to have bunch of people who are willing to go through this to get into guild (when some other guilds practically begging for people to join).. :shake: ....
aa ginkers..i should stop at this.. or i'd be writting an essay here hehe =D..sry ppl..didnt mean to let my nagging carried away ^_^" ..but hope i gave yar some new ideas how branches are.. :smack:

P.S. pardon for making it lengthy :sweat:

But we want to create an atmosphere in the guild where even low lvl can feel welcomed. We dont have ranks in the SSX, and I always treat lower lvls and everyone else alike the same way; with respect, and as equals.

Even though my char is a high lvl, I really don't consider myself a pro/high lvl/expert. I still consider myself a noob.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:13 pm

polosatik
sry i should've prolly make it mor clear... i was talking about idea of making branch for lower level ppl :)

and yes, hon.. :sweat: i know you do,
but unfortunatly significant amount of other high levels dont :/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:52 pm

Svarog
A Branch for N00bs is a bad idea, as polosatik has pointed out, I think if ever a branch should be created, it should be for the elites (not as in all high lvls lest jump into this branch). For example, lets take some autocratic idea :lol: King is Guild Leader, has advisers and stuff as DL's and followers are members (not to sound like some theocracy guild or anything) followers/members w/e you call 'em...

The elites branch, is for really dedicated members, who are really powerful, but not to have alot of them in that branch, no matter what level you are, if you are dedicated you are in that branch, and you should be really active in forum/guild everything, if anyone wanst to build on this would be nice =)

We can call this branch Boyars or Boyar :nervous:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:58 pm

LIGHTNING
Hey Svorag, check the General forum on your Application.

Err.. back on subject. What the other SSX group usually do is, the Forum Moderator is usually the Game Leader (IE: Me) and Deputy/Assistant Leaders are also given to other MODs.

For the time being, I'm waiting on BTM to get himself UPped to a higher Lvl, so I can slap the Deputy-Do Tag on top of his Head.

Other Dep Leaders In-game are random high lvl people, or people I'm waiting on to get their Application to the SSX. Hopey, Blue, that means you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:02 am

Svarog
We arent gonna make a branch now right?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:07 am

polosatik
:lol: LMAO ...Max.. boyarin blin... :lol:

P.S. pardon.. un-translatable russian folklore :p

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:15 am

Svarog