hes 1 of my best friends
and he gos to school with me
he a nice guy and he will allways pretty much on forums

so yea ill vouch
Characters-Arkilies Lvl 65
Hi To My Freinds--Juna,Carlos.Jr,Anaida

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:55 am

LIGHTNING
Welcome to the forums brah. Make your self feel at home, and hope the rest of the gang will make you feel welcome.
I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.
- LIGHTNING (September 22, 2005)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:26 am

Svarog
welcome :)
Frag the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:09 pm

Kon
Oh, hes not in yet? Good.

http://www.shatteredstar.org/ssx/forums ... php?t=3266

At least he got rid of the Jewish joke in his sig....
No offense to you Crusadered, but from what little I've seen of you so far, you are almost the opposite of SSX material.

If you somehow make it in, show me you've cleaned up your act. Fast.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:13 pm

M.Steiner
Kahn wrote:At least he got rid of the Jewish joke in his sig....
If you somehow make it in, show me you've cleaned up your act. Fast.
Glad you brought that up Kahn.
Don't wanna see any threads like that in the future again either plz. Tis not needed nor appreciated.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:39 pm

Stracius
Don't get offended all at once now :p . It's impossible to judge a person just from a first impression. Especially when he has 6 posts, and only 2 of them could be considered in the realms of offensive (one being an inside thing between him and his rl friend). Realize that it may have been his idea of a joke. Albeit a bad and irresponsible one. Kinda like his sig.

I've only seen a little bit of this guy on the forums so I can only trust that those who know him better (i.e. ingame, the ones vouching) will make the right decision about him. And hopefully educate him about what's right and wrong on these boards. Race/religion jokes, and threads that could possibly incite a flame war, for instance :shake: .

Rather than shouting at him for breaking the rules, lets explain to him what they are so he can more easily follow them? A bad impression is no excuse for us to treat a person roughly like this. If it continues, then it becomes another matter.

- Beware, lest we become as intolerant as I

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:06 am

Svarog
Thats good that everything has cleaned up, cuz vicky goes of alot and its like wtf :weird:
Frag the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:58 am

polosatik
hm.. wow.. i prolly should cruize around forums more because havnt notice anything what he did.. and i am agree with whoever said that its hard to judge person from first impression (though a lot o ppl tend to do it. and i am not exeption,, unfortunately..)..
so.. wat was i saying? =D dam that school memory.. classes drain all da brain cells away .. :smack:

anyhow.. hope everything is cleared between everyone now? =D

and i wanna :) WELCOM..to Crusaider!! :)
;D
Anaida (112, troj)/ Juna (113, arch)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:34 am

LIGHTNING
:sweat:

Thank you guys for informing of this. I have seen his sig from previous posts before, and It may be a sign that I'm too easy going. I knew I should've been offended by it, but somehow I letted it slide.

As for Crusader finding the SSX, it was his friend that reffered him to us, and I can only act as a mediator from the game he plays to the rest of the SSX.

As for this sort of thing happening, I happen to recall a similar case *cough* *cough* Chill *cough* *cough* ...... I don't know what disciplinary actions were taken, but I assure you, and the rest of the SSX community that if any actions or any disciplinary act or measure needs to be done, I will do it, as what is required of me.

For now, I would like to just advice Crusader to heed the rules, and the advices of our fellow SSX brethrens.

To my SSX comrades, please don't be too harsh on him, he's new, and please show him the proper example, and proper conducts and how to behave as an SSX member, and to show proper respect to others. I remember that I learned my Forum manners in the SSC days, and I think Crusader isn't a lost cause yet.

To recap on his application, seems that only his friend Smavin has vouched for him. I think this issue needs to be brought up and be verified before the second person can vouch for him. I believe as a MOD i have the right to veto/cancel a vouch for an applicant? Correct if I'm wrong please.
I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:38 am

jozef
I believe you do have the right bro

I wouldn't vouch for him anyway

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:50 am

polosatik
wat.. nobody believes in second chances anymor? :smack:
Anaida (112, troj)/ Juna (113, arch)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:35 am

LIGHTNING
Stracius wrote:Don't get offended all at once now :p . It's impossible to judge a person just from a first impression. Especially when he has 6 posts, and only 2 of them could be considered in the realms of offensive (one being an inside thing between him and his rl friend). Realize that it may have been his idea of a joke. Albeit a bad and irresponsible one. Kinda like his sig.

I've only seen a little bit of this guy on the forums so I can only trust that those who know him better (i.e. ingame, the ones vouching) will make the right decision about him. And hopefully educate him about what's right and wrong on these boards. Race/religion jokes, and threads that could possibly incite a flame war, for instance :shake: .

Rather than shouting at him for breaking the rules, lets explain to him what they are so he can more easily follow them? A bad impression is no excuse for us to treat a person roughly like this. If it continues, then it becomes another matter.

- Beware, lest we become as intolerant as I
He just needs to show more character in-game, and in forum. Not saying he'll never get in, just saying, he needs to prove himself.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:16 am

Crusadered
I'm sorry if I offended everyone I didn't know anyone could take jokes these days, It might be my sense of humour but not you to people. :smack:
Character(s) - Xcellscior [LVL 20]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:31 am

Stracius
Eh, I figured that might be the case. Don't worry about it too much. And try not to mind us if we seem a bit cranky :p . We're really not... much ;D

A lot of people use humor as a way to get to know new people. I'd like to think that I'm one of them. Whether or not you are too, you need to be mindful about what boundaries you push. At least until after you get to know them, and they you. That way your new friends know you aren't purposely trying to offend them... hopefully :sweat:

So, I'd recommend to just keep the jokes tasteful until we get to know each other. The more the merrier :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:10 am

Smavin
I know i vouched for him because hes my freind in real life
he only lives up the road from me
i no he can annoy people at time to time but i havent heard him do racist or extreamily rude jokes before

it might be a little my fault for not telling him the rules on jokes but then again i didnt no there was any

so if you all decide to kick him from the guild i wont stand in your way because its your choice not mine

so do what u think is nessecary

and by the way Crusadered{adam} you shouldn't tell a joke strait away because u dont know if any1 is jewish or they might know jewish people themselfs and might get offended and another peice of advice u dont have to share all your oppinions on every thing

like my anime thread on the Gundam series and i know u think it isnt that good but i no that you told me but then again some1 else might think the things u watch might suck so plz keep your oppinions to your self if there not nice ok

http://www.shatteredstar.org/ssx/forums ... php?t=3252
Characters-Arkilies Lvl 65
Hi To My Freinds--Juna,Carlos.Jr,Anaida

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:14 pm

Stracius
Smavin wrote:it might be a little my fault for not telling him the rules on jokes but then again i didnt no there was any
Well, it's not a written rule or anything. Just no racist/religious/sexist stuff. I was watching a stand-up comedian the other day, and he said something I really like. "If you have a joke that you wouldn't tell to a certain person, you shouldn't tell it to anybody at all." i.e. if you wouldn't tell a mexican joke to a mexican, you shouldn't tell it to anyone. So on and so forth.
so plz keep your oppinions to your self if there not nice ok
bingo :)

Return to “Conquer Online”