Does Anyone CARE about our guild?!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Does Anyone CARE about our guild?!

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:16 pm

polosatik
ok guys.. being part of community is all peachy and stuff

but i been grieving a lot lately about massive loss of people from our guild.. though i do care (believ it or not) about sustaining larger community at hand but I care greatly about our guild in-game..one that is currently in stage of dying!! ..
and i am at panic.. and why shouldn't i be?.. i'd love to see guild prosper but so far it been doing just the opposite...people that been attending online been kicked (though some been annoying at some parts yah..but at bigger picture they were fine..allowing other newcomers (if such) to see that we do have people that they can have fun with..

Carlos.. i beg u..reconsider watever been previsosly said about joining guild and the whole dam system.. it might worked previosly perfect..but past weeks.. somehow proved to be absolute different....

was it same with other games? did guild actualy died befor it came back alive with *beep* lot of people (friends and watsnot)...
the way i see it..for people to come join (even for many friends) there need to be certain appeal to guild.. so far.. i not sure we had any.. besides mmCarlos looking all *cough*..sexy :p (and Blue which isnt less sexy but..that i havnt seen on for a while now)

(plz dont take my words as offencive..i am trying to look out for our guild..my guild.. and actualy the whole community that doubt will suffer if people from our game start attending here too)
Anaida (112, troj)/ Juna (113, arch)

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:18 pm

Kon
Numbers do not matter.
Quality of members is what matters.
Quality people mean quality fun. You like fun, don't you?
The guild isn't dead if your having fun.
Why am I making a stanza?
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:58 pm

polosatik
lol.. :/ not sure.. nobody ever on..or whoever on is afk..*shrugs* we are guild..i am sad to see its empty and dead...
wat good is quality do to an empty space?
and no..i am not having fun looking at empty guild with no prospective

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:01 am

LIGHTNING
I think the biggest problem we have with recruitment is our lack of participation in GW. Quality people is kinda hard to find, and exposure for a non GW guild means numbers, it's really a hard battle to gain any recognition.

If you guys wouldn't mind being patient until the core members in-game are GW ready, I'm sure the guild will grow, and pick up. Just be patient.
I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.
- LIGHTNING (September 22, 2005)

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:13 am

polosatik
loyalty to something dont just happen in a minute..its grown and nurtured ..and many get into it from lower level.. growing and participating (and not being forgotten)..
:/ sound like u guys want it eazy.. right away..i just dont believe it ever gonna happen

i guess i am just one of those people who prefere to live in high populated average neighborhood ..instead being in a wealthy isolation...

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:33 am

Svarog
from past experience, members whom lead the guild should be high-lvl, then things should look better, I guess its just a slump but that isnt forever...
Frag the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:33 am

polosatik
wat members? hav u seen anyone on lately? .. :rolleyes: including urself

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:45 am

Svarog
:lol: yeah thats cuz I cant find a plvl...

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:17 am

Svarog
With thisthis quality over unique is the wrong approach, you see, other games have more complicated and better PvP systems, thats why guilds must be very closesly nit and have lots members online to bond and protect each other, but co has a losely nit PvP system and the only way to have a closely nit PvP experience, you have to to GW, that matches up to other games PvP systems, so thats why quality over quantity isnt working for us and the vouching system is failing horribly because we do no have enough members, and pressuring members and other people can give the wrong impression and drive people away...

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:22 am

polosatik
:clown: *claps*

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:21 am

Fuyuki
well.....it depends on what rep the guild leader has how he handles things.
bad impressions are bad meh..
thats prettty good looking out for your guild
And about gw thats right if you win alot your gain quality players BUT if your guild dosent have enough allies you'll get you know.

[Signature disabled whilst image is present - MS]

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:58 am

SSX-Ava
Hmmmmm seems you have quite a problem :<
Quality>Nice bunch of people but the game will become dull wether the group is nice or not, if you cant fulfil the content ingame then steadily people will lose interest in the game and leave no matter how nice they are.
Quantity>People joining for a few days leaving a few weeks later for a better offer. People just not caring about each other, not caring about the community or what it stands for.

My advice would be, if you want to take it. Is, take it slow and nurture what you have and steadily build what you have up. Until its something you can be proud of not something you threw together in a week.
:thumb:

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:11 pm

M.Steiner
SSX-Ava wrote:Hmmmmm seems you have quite a problem :<
Quality>Nice bunch of people but the game will become dull wether the group is nice or not, if you cant fulfil the content ingame then steadily people will lose interest in the game and leave no matter how nice they are.
Quantity>People joining for a few days leaving a few weeks later for a better offer. People just not caring about each other, not caring about the community or what it stands for.

My advice would be, if you want to take it. Is, take it slow and nurture what you have and steadily build what you have up. Until its something you can be proud of not something you threw together in a week.
:thumb:
Couldn't have said it better myself.
It really does take time for a group in a community like ours to become what we originally dream it to be, its not gonna happen in 5 minutes. Our guild in WoW has been going for around 15months, it seems like only yesterday that there were just a small handful of us playing together. We haven't always been level 60, being able to take part in all the high level content like dungeon raiding and high lvl pvp. We've just slowly grown bigger and bigger as time has gone on, taking our time and not rushing things.

As Ava said, "take it slow and nurture what you have and steadily build what you have up. Until its something you can be proud of not something you threw together in a week.". :)

[Please remove your signature image, Fuyuki. We do not allow sig images or animated avatars on the forums. Ty :)]
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:51 am

Fuyuki
well just a saying slow and steady wins the race

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:30 am

Svarog
Did you guys even read what I said? I was pointing out that WoW is different to Conquer Online, we are not saying we want to have the best guild in 5 minutes, we have witnessed a decline in activity, no on ever talks in Guild Chat, apart from me because Im a chatter-box (*looks away*) and try to keep myself from dying from boredom.

Lets take for example *NewFoundPower* they have reported 220+ members, constant online<->offline (members), and lots of online-members, now Im not saying that this can be classed either Quality over Quantity or Quantity over Quality, those ideas are becoming very vague because if that guild has 220+ members, im guessing it will have about 40-60% in-active players, and have a great community, because so many members that are active decide to stay (because of numbers? Or because this guild has something that we dont...), I think that the greater members in the guild, the greater chances more dedicated members appear, the community becomes more active, even though not 100% will be active, and thats another thing, we dont have to be perfect in everything, you cannot achieve perfection without imperfection? Think of it like this; you are going to carve a statue, and you decide to take one stance which gives you enough material to make a fingernail, on the other hand, if you collect enough material you can start to carve out your statue, slowly chipping, adding detail, and leaving behind what will remain and be dedicated, and you will have a great statue, which you can look at and be proud of. Remember that 1 path does not mean only 1 path exists, several paths may lead to the answer, one path faster, or slower, or average, dont limit yourself, it is a mind set.

Like Oprah said: "If you fail at something, its Gods way of saying take another direction"

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:09 am

LIGHTNING
My biggest issue with a guild having such a big number is, the number of alternate characters. *NewfoundPower* guild is full of 'em. Just go to TG, and watch how many water taos stigging archers..... most likely their main. I would like to build a good foundation of main characters (The most active character a player uses) and build from their. So we have a set of core players, that hopefully, we can take to Guild War in the future. So far, I'm liking what I see with Moridian (BTM) Carlos.Jr (Me) The.Arbiter(AnTenA) Jozef (jozef), and Juna/Anaida [Hope we can trade players lol, j/k. (polosatik).

even if *NewfoundPower* has so many members, they're not really GW ready either, because of the lack of "quality" players.

Let's all be honest to ourselves, even if had a 100 active members, are we really even ready for GW? I think not, because we are all too busy leveling, and focusing on our own individual characters, and our own lives. I said this before, please, be patient, just level, try to recruit active, and good people, and wait till we are reborned, and a high lvl, and watch the core group start to be active in GW.

And if you think we can recruit any of the high lvl people who are active, think again, I have issues with them, because most of them are just leechers, and guild jumpers, trying to go to the guild who wins the most GW week after week.

I understand what your saying Svarog, but let's face it, theres not many good quality people in the pool of recruitables in-game. All are alternate characters, or just impatient players only want a P lvl, and want to join the "strongest" guild allready there. Just wait, and be patient.
I always believed that the core of what made SSC great in the past, is here in the present and future of the SSX.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:36 am

polosatik
i am sry hon..but i have to agree with Max.. i understand what u saying quality quality quality..but cmon u all.. it seem like all u want it have all good players at once..it just not gonna happen.. even high level GW ready ppl are not all honest relyable and so on.. .. and plz dont say anything about NewFoundPower.i been in that guild for long time..yah there is plenty of noobs there..but as i noticed they are all leveling up..we got much mor 100+ people in guild (leveling..).. and some noobs.. sry to say i'd trade friendship with them over any high level cocky moron..(which co has plenty of.. no offence to good guys/gals)... yah..ppl forget.. low level has tendedncy to level up..become better.. some dont.. sure.. they die off slowly but eazy kickable in the future(because they become obeviouse)... and one more thing.. hon.. why do we need to have all players GW ready??? sry it just doesnt make sence to me.. does it realy makes guild better?..(friend of mine put my old char in other server to some guild with buch of high level people.. and oh boy they looked all GW ready.. i thought..oh goody.. cool..untill i heard them talk.. xD.. geez..anyhow..i was glad i still have money left to get out of that dam guild)....
well i can really go on and on about this subject....so i should stop for now i think :/ :smack:

P.S. somebody mentioned WOW and handfull of people haning out together.. .. ok.. and wat should we do if there is nobody to hang out with?...

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:24 am

Fuyuki
just a warning allies usually kill each other for fun......trojans are the main atk force archers for pole Quality under quantity everything in the world does get old and die of evantually

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:31 am

LIGHTNING
I'm not saying we're gonna recruit high lvl ppl. In fact, what I said is quite the opposite. Most, and the majority of the high lvl ppl are allready happy with the guild they have, or have allready made their commitment. My problem with mass recruitment is, the same problem I see in *NewfoundPower*, and that is, recruiting an alternate char, most likely a water tao, used for reborning items, or for stigging archers/characters in TG.

I'm not taking anything away from *NewfoundPower*, but let's be realistic, even if they are actually leveling, how many of those members are actualy "Main Characters"?

I would like to have main characters only in the guild, because it is part of the SSX rules that we are not supposed to multi-guild. (That strikes a blow to 2 members allready, because I know you have characters in other guilds.)

What I like to focus on, is, recruiting people who's "Main" Character is going to be in the guild. That's all what I'm asking for recruitment. They can be noob, high lvl, master, etc, I don't care. As long as they're main is with the SSX.

Now think about that: If a player's main is in the SSX, you'll see them more active right? Because they'd spend more time building that character. Thus, the issue of being active in-game will not be a problem.
A "main" character that's fairly active will have good items, and most likely keep leveling right? Thus, having higher lvl ppl in the guild will not be an issue either, but it takes time.

As for the ppl being a good person, I think they're character can be easily judged, and distinguished for what they want in the guild.

IE: would you keep any person in the in-game roster who wants any of the following, as soon as they carry the -SSX- Tag above their head? Or, do you think they'll stay with the -SSX- for a long time?

- To be a DEP Leader
- P Leveling
- Money
- Items

I think they have ulterior motives, and have other agendas.

You can also tell alot about a character by what they do, and what they wear: (All cases have been seen in Trust-&-Honour, and -SSX- ... meaning they actually happened)

- A noob goes from lvl 1-110, then 15-100 in less than 2 weeks.

What does this tell you about the person? Oh, a farmed water... probably an alternate character used only for reborning items/gems/blessings/ To sell the character. Do you think the person will be any good in the -SSX-?

- A player is lvl 1-20 for about 2 months, and hasn't leveled since, or has not been online for that long.

I think I'm the player in-game whose online the most, and almost always check the in-game roster. What can you tell about players like these? I say, it's probably someone who tried to play the game, and didn't like it, someone visiting the server, and didn't like to stay. Again, is the person -SSX- material? Probably, but if the player is not active, what use is the person in the -SSX-?

- A player's guild contribution funds is always in the negatives, and keeps getting lower and lower (Higher negatives) and/0r You get a word of warning/caution from another Guild Leader, or Deputy Leader of another Guild about (a) certain character(s).

First off, right away, you know the person is always PKed. But, for what reason? Enemy guilds always target the higher lvl characters, or a specific character, usually for the reason that they pissed off someone. How do you piss off someone in-game? PKing/being a jackass/scamming/etc.

The person is probably a PKer that PKs lower lvl ppl than him/herself, and tries to get the higher lvl characters in the guild to help them when they encounter someone they cannot handle. Do you honestly believe that by having such a person in the in-game roster will help the -SSX- reputation?

- Your hunting/P leveling, and you created a team, and it's full. Noobs come and see you, and they ask to join the guild. As a DEP/Leader, you let them, because we like to have mass recruitments. (Guild agenda in the past) Then, the newly recruited noob realizes that the team is full, and starts to complain/ask for P lvl in Guild chat, or whisper you.

This is too obvious.... The person clearly only wanted P Leveling... They're not even interested in getting to know what the guild is, or what it's about. They ask you to kick ppl out of your team, and they sometimes constantly always nag you for P leveling. And most of these situations, when they can't get the P leveling they want, they leave the guild. It's no coincidence that our highest lvl archer in-game had the most recruits, and recruitment suddenly went down when she went inactive, and members started to suddenly leave.

- A players comes to you and asks you how many members you have. After hearing that you have a "large" number of people in the guild, they ask to join. After a few days/weeks, the Leader starts to filter our ppl, and then suddenly, the player that was just recruited sees that the numbers are dwindling, and asks to be booted/leaves the guild.

There's commitment issues here. I'm not even gonna try to argue that the person has the right to leave the guild.

I know it's not fair for me to judge these players for kicking them out of the in-game roster, but If we are to keep a reputation as being the "Best" guild, we need the "Best" people. We have character flaws, but we can minimize them, and try and support each other. And I would like trusted and good people to support me.

A Request of support from any WoW members who see, or understand my views/opinion would be appreciated, because I look up to you guys, and you seem to be doing something right.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:39 pm

Kon
even if *NewfoundPower* has so many members, they're not really GW ready either, because of the lack of "quality" players.
Totally missing the point. :weird:
"Quality" means the quality of the person, not their in-game character. Second post seems mostly good, except:
A player is lvl 1-20 for about 2 months, and hasn't leveled since, or has not been online for that long.
You can't boot someone for inactivity.
A noob goes from lvl 1-110, then 15-100 in less than 2 weeks.

What does this tell you about the person? Oh, a farmed water... probably an alternate character used only for reborning items/gems/blessings/ To sell the character.
Not necessarily.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:00 am

=BTM=
Kahn wrote:
A player is lvl 1-20 for about 2 months, and hasn't leveled since, or has not been online for that long.
You can't boot someone for inactivity.
if a beginner starts this game, find his way into the guiild, and get some lvls, then one day is gone, havent registered on the forum, nor said anything in guildchat for months I think its a very big chance that the beginner didnt really like this game and just quit. I think that person should be removed from the guild instead of just taking up space on the ingame guild list making the total overview a bit more troublesome.
And CO is a pretty easy game to lvl in everything concidered, especially those first lvls towards 40+. So its fairly easy to see when a person havent been on at all for quite awile.
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."
-Jack Burton

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:23 am

Fuyuki
meh why dont you just make a frens guild then.............

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:59 am

Svarog
I see what your trying to say LIGHTNING, its the quality of the person that you are interested in, but about the commitment, no one can gurantee that, so I think that is still one to be discussed.

We all know that first impressions almost every time are wrong, you must get to know and UNDERSTAND the person, so in that sense, it doesnt matter WHO we recruit, they have time to talk about who they are and when friends talk, they say things they normally would not ,"im only here in this guild because Im protected good here..." now that does not mean we should boot that person because he is seeking protection because he has enemies or someone that hates him/her, I think LIGHTNING started something very interesting: distinctions and more obviously absolute definitions that if a person does this, he will booted...I guess Rules in other words :rolleyes: now these Rules MUST be enforced to create obedience, without rules and without enforcing them, you will provoke disobedience. If you want to get to a middle-ground place, a warning system should be good, 1st, 2cond and 3rd, at which point the person gets booted.

These rules that LIGHTNING has described are all excellent, one that is a trouble is if a person is not active lets say for a month, and does not try to contact the GL and give a reason, person will be booted, its simple as that...

Also, I still wont drop what I said earlier, we need to recruit, recruit RECRUIT! Just because we have -SSX-DL/GL does not mean we are recruiting...it may seem so but its not...and it does work but rarely :nervous:

We need a plan on HOW to recruit, these provide tools for our success, I think this is why me and polosatik have seen an inactivity in the guild. I myself have not done much, I have only recruited 3 people whom all have been booted, :lol:

Also, about the registration on the forum, I think we should not pressure no one, because it will drive them away and make us sound extremely desperate or something like that. Like the KoN website forum, it does not have EVERY member registered, but it has some (core members are essential), I think we should not give deadlines but ENCOURAGE them to register, tell them the benefits, not the consequence of not registering.

Remember that we are a <3 Friendly <3 guild first, GW guild second!

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 7:22 am

Fuyuki
.....main charaters..alternative charaters........discarded characters......
A plan to recruit interesting -no comment-
It s a persons choice to decide but humans tend to change in time.
*Desire leads to despair*
its mentally impossible to make all the guild members register for the forum unless their all main chars
why am i posting..
inorder to gain something one must sarcifice something thats the law of conservation. so thus in order to gain members you need to lose members of equilvanet value

Return to “Conquer Online”