Bloomkin

Interested in joining our US players in WoW? Leave your applications here.

Moderators: Global Moderators, WoW =US= Moderators

Bloomkin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:10 pm

Pixistix
What's your character's name?

Bloomkin, Gnome Warrior
(Lynora, Draenei Hunter)

What got you started playing WoW?

A number of factors have been involved:

First off my guy plays, and gaming is the time that we spend together that other couples would spend watching TV. We played FFXI together for years, so it was just kind of natural that when he got into WoW I gave the 10 day trial a go.

After having played FFXI, I have been really enjoying WoW (obviously since I've purchased the full version and expansion ;)). There were times when FFXI felt like a second job. I found myself stressing about making gil, and rushing home from work to make it online in time for events with our east coast friends. There are aspects of that game that have been set up to be totally obnoxious time sinks, and have even lost their pretense of being fun. I realize that all MMOs are time sinks, and that the endgame scenes are going to have similarities; however, thus far WoW feels a lot less tedious. I love the fact I can log on for a half hour and get something done :D.

How did you hear about SSX and what makes you believe this guild is right for you?

I met Inquisitor and Anubis while playing FFXI. Inquisitor is such a great guy, and has been an awesome online friend to Convict and I over the last 3 years.

I've been missing the community aspect that we had with our LS in FFXI, and I remembered that SSX had a WoW guild -> rolled toons on Mannoroth. I'm familiar with the SSX standards/guidelines, and respect the way things are run over here. You have a gaming community here that transcends games which is appealing to me (/laughs, especially with "Pirates of the Burning Sea" coming out at some point... I'm totally trying that game when it goes live, but that's a different subject).

I guess the short answer is that your rules are pretty much the same as those of the FFXI shells I've been in, and I respect your set up :).

Who do you know that is already in the guild and how did you meet them?

I don't really know anyone in the WoW guild. Like I mentioned, I'm friends with Inquisitor, and have gamed with both him and Anubis.

What other guilds were you in previously and why did you leave them?

Convict had a friends guild set up on Muradin (the PvE server we started on). We had another friend who was playing for a little while, but he quit due to his job, so it was just us. I guess I haven't left that one, but I can just talk across the room if I want to chat with my "guild buddy" :D.

Have you applied to any other guilds recently? If so, which ones and have you already received a response to your application?

Nope.

What are the most important qualities of a good guild to you?

First and foremost I'm just looking for friendly people to chat with while I'm online. Our FFXI friends were the reason I played that game as long as I did, and I would love to make new friends in this game. Kind of silly to play a MMO if you are just soloing the whole time :P.

Convict and I have a decent amount of experience with MMOs, and are on track to level our characters up to a useful level pretty quickly. We aren't looking for handouts, but we would love to be able to participate in group events once we are high enough level to be effective. I guess along those lines, I'm looking for people that won't laugh at me too much for asking silly questions as we go :).

Oh and people who can give me a hand if I'm getting corpse camped and they aren't busy ;).
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:36 pm

lili
give any officer a shout and we'll get you an invite. your guy as well if he likes just have him post up a quick post on recruiting. hehe bloomkin the gnome warrior that'll be intresting.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70
Pocky Protection Pally 70

I didn't fall from grace, I dove.
What do you mean my halo is lopsided, it's balanced perfectly on my horns.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:57 pm

Pixistix
He said he was going to post something, but has probably gotten side tracked :rolleyes:, boys. I'll keep an eye out for officer types when I log on tonight.
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:44 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Not in the guild, or even the US, but I thought I'd drop in and say that having played with Pixi she is certainly (as Ed put it in the other thread) good people ;)

Glad you found us Pixi, will be nice to have you around. However I must express my disapproval. From Taru to Gnomes! Zomg! Are you trying to give me a heart attack here? :p

- Anny (Anti-Gnome Confederation Chairman)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:09 pm

Pixistix
I really, really, really tried to play a big person! But the gnomes squeak when they get hit! It's too amusing for me to pass up! That and the other races I was interested in were horde. If anything it's these guys fault for being Alliance ;D (jking)!

Gnomes also get a racial bonus to engineering, and the stuff you can make with engineering makes me laugh a ton. Not a profit profession, but at some point I got burned out always trying to make money in FFXI -> Was looking for a profession that was purely for fun. I can make money with mining, and make mechanical squirrels for my own amusement with engineering.

Speaking of... if anyone wants a pet squirrel, let me know >.>.
Blarghl.

Return to “=US= WoW Recruitment”