Next Pach ...

Moderators: EvE Moderators, Global Moderators

Next Pach ...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:10 pm

Ozany
Its patch day again.... Empyrean Age will be online in about 5 more hours. Servers are supposed to be back up at 0200 GMT. The new patch holds the key to Factional Warfare. I have tried it out on the singularity test server.

Basically, the main factions are at war with each other and are enlisting players (aka Pod Pilots like ourselves) to their militia. You can join solo or as a corp, but no alliances are allowed. If you are going solo, you must leave your corp to join. If your corp joins, then your entire corp becomes a member of the militia. you must have a certain factional standing for the NPC Faction to gain admitance.

On the test server I enlisted our corp as a whole, but that was only for testing it out. It opens up new PvP experience for those interested in it, as certain low sec space is now war contested and you are at war with members of the opposite militia. Therefore you can engage in warfare without a concord hit to your sec rating if they are members of an opposing faction. However, this will also block you from entering the High sec space of the enemy (from what I read in the blogs and info in the test server).

Unfortunately, I do not think our corp as a whole will engage in this warfare due to our nature and professions in game being needed to gain access to all spaces, but if any are interested in trying it out, we will have no hard feelings to any that wish to leave at this time, and will be welcomed back if you decide its not for you.

The sites you have to control to make a system shift from contested to vulnerable have ship size restrictions associated with them, like the old DED complexes. But, the bunker in space that has to be taken over to shift control to your faction has roughly the same hitpoints as a small player owned station, so you will definately want a large gang to do this. To go along with that, the bunker has no ship restrictions, so you will possibly be engaging with or against capital ships and fleets of battleships with support. Could be good for our industrial base, as new avenues of ship destruction means higher demand for those ships, and therefore more profits for all aspects of industry, from miners, T2 component productions, and ship builders.

Anyways, thought I would give a brief insight as to what I have experienced on the test server and potential options for corp members if they are interested in the militia, or if you are a miner/production player, profits are going to rise.
Good timing with release as far as I am concerned, School breaks for the summer always means larger player base, and better economy for us all. Wish the U.S. economy would follow suit :D
Ozany

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:32 pm

Phrank T Phish
wow, i couldnt read all that... paragraphs please.

but from what i understand, its a way to introduce more empire dwellers to PvP, hoping to hook them and drag them into 0.0, easing server load and overall lag.

i hadnt heard you have to drop your corp if you want to do it solo, that sounds like an absolutly terrible idea. they may as well just make warring corps like privateers.

personally i cant see a lot of point to this. its a good idea, badly excecuted. if people want to fight wars full time, they know where 0.0 is. if they just want to scrim, they know where low sec is. if they dont want to fight, they can stay in empire.
No one loves you.
They're just pretending to be nice. But they talk bad about you after you leave the room.
You're gonna die alone.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:13 am

Stracius
Cleaned it up a little to ease the eyestrain. Sounds like some good stuff, should mix things up quite a bit in the universe :)
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:58 pm

Ozany
Sorry gents, the English grammar part was never a strong suit with me. I still get run-on sentences and all that other crap highlighted when i use word proccessing programs (like Word or wordperfect).

Thank You Stracius for your edit, looks good. :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:22 pm

Futile Resistance
Hey Hey, how's the new patch coming along?

The trailer made me go gah gah over faction warfare... I just can't push past the the killer depression I go through every time I get podded :smack:

Return to “EvE Online”