Clear Skies

Moderators: EvE Moderators, Global Moderators

Clear Skies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Stracius
Been seeing snippets of mention about something called Clear Skies while playing around in EVE lately. Turns out it's a fan made machinima using the HalfLife 2 Source engine, and mashing it up with EVE gameplay. The fellows who produced it have made 2 episodes already, and the babble about it in-game is regarding a much anticipated, soon to be released third episode. Just a snippet of story from their website:
Clear Skies wrote:111Clear Skies follows a trio of down-and-out misfits who've seen no end of bad luck. John Rourke is the obstinate captain of the Clear Skies, a Tempest class battleship manufactured by the downtrodden Minmatar race of New Eden. Rourke's attitude toward his hazardous chosen lifestyle is cavalier, although this does not sit well with his friends among the crew. Solomon Burke is the pessimistic ship's engineer, while Charlie Fodder -- a gunner with an ironic name -- does his best to keep the crew alive. Typical of life in New Eden, Fodder is doomed to remain a rather busy man.
Check it out, these guys have done some great work. They manage to pull off some great humor while delivering decent action scenes. I could just be biased... they do use mostly Caldari ships in this :) (Ozany will appreciate the last ship which shows up on the battlefield)

http://www.clearskiesthemovie.com/

The guy who made the first movie swore he would only make one due to the extensive work it required, and only expected a handful of people to notice and watch it. He got over a hundred hits in the first 5 minutes alone, all requesting more.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

Re: Clear Skies

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:55 am

Ozany
That guy had way too much time on his hands, and yes,

AWESOME. :thumb:

I did love the ship he had help him. You must watch the second one though as that is most likely what would end up happening to mine hehe.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:51 am

Kon
Well, that was quite entertaining, especially for a game-based production. I'll definitely be watching the second one when I have some more free time. They did a really great job with the first one.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:22 am

Isileth
I remember watching these back when I was playing, they really are pretty good.

Nice to see they are doing a third, those still playing will need to nudge me when thats released :)

Return to “EvE Online”