Killmails

Moderators: EvE Moderators, Global Moderators

Killmails

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:54 pm

NewportBox
When it comes to killmails, are they automatically posted? I'm guessing not.

If that's the case, in what situations should I post one to our board? When I'm on the mail at all, or only when I land the killing blow / receive the killmail myself?

Re: Killmails

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:44 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I just manually ran the API import, and it pulled in a few that had not been imported.

It WAS setup to automatically process the API import every hour, but I can only guess that possibly when I updated the major version that automation stopped working for some reason. Leave it with me, and I'll look into fixing it.

RE: manually posting mails, Oz should be able to answer that if no-one else can :)

EDIT - It was what I suspected. The files changed during the major version update, but I hadn't updated the cron job. I've now done so, so hopefully it should be back to pulling in from the CCP API every 65 mins. Give it a day or two, see if it now works as it should (I'll be keeping an eye on it too as much as I can). If it's still not automatically pulling through properly then, come back to me and I'll take another look.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:27 am

NewportBox
Ty Anubis!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:27 am

Kon
Ah thanks, Anubis. I had just assumed they had to be added manually, like on the SMA killboard.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:01 am

Stracius
SMA's killboard doesn't need to be updated manually either; it's just quicker than waiting for the data to be pulled every xx hours. When you see ppl eagerly repeating "Post the KM!", it's because they want to see how they did now, and not in 4 hours when they've forgotten.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:51 pm

NewportBox
Blood shed in the name of the cause will never be forgotten, my brothers. FOR THE EMPIRE!!

Wait.. that ain't right..

FOR THE REPUBLIC!!!

Hmm.. again...

FOR ZHE MONKEYS!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:17 am

Ozany
All mails should be posted if you got the final blow. All mails should be copied from XXXXXX killboards and posted if you were an involved party. All death mails should be posted. NOW, that being said, all mails should be imported via the cron job if you only desire to post to the sma boards and then let them auto-populate to the ss-x boards.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Just to update, since I mentioned people may want to keep an eye on it for a few days, I'm still not happy that these cron jobs are running properly. The audit log for the board suggests that kills from feeds other than the API are not pulling through without a manual trigger, which is not what we want to happen.

I have made further alterations to the jobs and turned on e-mail logging for the next few days so that I'll be able to be sure that they are running properly, and see their output. Hopefully, if the alterations I've just made still aren't helping, that will help me track down exactly what is going wrong and fix it.

Sorry about the inconvenience with this guys. Cron jobs are by far and away the most confusing thing I've done as a server admin, so I'm still learning as I go here :) Hopefully we'll have it completely right by the end of the weekend. Will update you when it's definately working right.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:40 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Ok, good news and bad news!

Good news - The cron jobs are definately all working properly now, so that's one problem sorted :)

Bad news - There now appears to be an issue with the API Key we're using. Trying to fetch data using it returns a "Please verify the access granted by the key you are using!" message, which is an authorisation error it seems. Does anyone know if the key expires, or if the account it was tied to has expired? It was all working fine until 11pm GMT last night!

Any clues on the latter Oz, since you provided the key? I'll leave e-mail logging turned on until we have it sorted so I can be sure it gets fixed, but everything else is working save for this key issue now!

EDIT: Should probably clarify, this doesn't affect the fetch's from the other feeds. They're working fine.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:01 pm

winbrian
I'm not sure if the api key is required just from the CEO or not. I'm going to assume Director level is sufficient.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:06 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Oddly enough, it just started working again exactly 24 hours after the failures started. Interesting - assuming no-one changed anything?

I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days. May be a false alarm though I suppose! Unless I update again, I suppose we can consider the matter closed!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:14 am

NewportBox
lol I wouldn't change a thing, even if I were able to lol :)

Return to “EvE Online”