Might not be playing NC2

You'll never die alone...

Moderator: Global Moderators

Might not be playing NC2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:01 pm

SSX-Biggie
Just wanted to let you guys know, I'm in the middle of a decision. My decision will come when I hear KK's actual plans regarding NC2's pricing and payment method. KK's bullsh1t has kept me from playing beta (RPOS sucks there anyway, and DoY is VERY ugly :p ) or NC1 lately, and I miss you guys, but I'm just not feeling the game right now.

Money itself is not the issue, it's the principle of getting lied to by a company, then they hike up rates on me for a product that is essentially the same one I already own (different skins and more maps = "new game"?!?!?!? WTF ) and on top of it, they want me to pay through a company that I do not trust that REQUIRES my social security number!?.
-It's like having a monthly payment on a car, then the car company decides that it wants to repaint my car, replace the hood and add a different emblem on it so they can call it a "new product" and I don't have a choice to say "no" to this. If I say no, my car will be useless and will die within a matter of months. So now my monthly payment will go up because of this "new product" and I am forced to rebuy this car all over again or have no car at all.
--To top it off, they want me to use a different company that requires (I'm in the U.S.) my social security number to join!? Feck that.

There's probably a post somewhere that explains this all, but to be frank, I'm sick and tired of reading KK's flip-flop posts, and I'm sure others here are tired of me asking for the truncated and updated version of KK's posts. Each new KK post contradicts the previous one by these clowns and I just don't have the time in my life to "tune in" every fecking day to find out what scraps the king has decided to toss my way. --I don't even read the official NC Forums anymore.

The only thing that kept me playing NC1 was because I was having fun with you guys, but I'm not giving up my social security number to play a fecking computer game.

Like I said, my decision is not yet made, KK in effect will make my decision for me by their final announcement.

If I decide to leave (more like, "if KK decides I will leave"), my HERC and all my stuff will go into the clan pool for others to use.
BlackDove wrote:You see this is what happens when you give drugs to Bigs.
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:44 pm

M.Steiner
The sticky i made right at the top of this forum explains all about the payment methods/ SSN ID :)

Click2pay offers Neocron2 users a special status. For customers that register via Neocron2 Accountmanagement on www.neocron.com or Via the Neocron2 Launcher validation methods like ID No. or SSN will fall away. The safety call will only apply to the US and Canada.

Click2Pay can be used worldwide in connection with Credit or Debit card. (VISA incl. VISA Electron and VISA Delta, Master Card, Carte Bancaire, Carte Bleue and Switch/Solo) In addition Click2Pay can be used from the US with ACH, from Germany and in the near future from Austria and Switzerland with Direct Debiting Schemes.

Whoever opens the Neocron2 Trial account will receive a complimentary free 10 day test phase. If the player decides that he wants to play Neocron2 for longer than the free period an amount of 29,95 becomes due. An upgrade from Neocron1 to Neocron2 will cost 19,95. In both cases there will be 1 month free usage. As announced Neocron2 will cost 12,95 per month. With extended contracts this amount will shrink to 29,95 for 3 month and to 49,95 for the 6 month period. These amounts include 16% VAT (GST). As this will not concern players outside the EU they will be given a 16% advantage. This advantage of 16% also applies to the update and the Trial Registration.

-So you won't need to give any info out like your SSN number. I also thought that was stupid, as well as the bloody drivers licence. So you don't need to worry bout that SNN sh*t now =)
See the sticky i made for the rest of the info that they announced the other day.

Hope some of that was helpful buddy :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:16 pm

f33StNeu$
Biggie, KK is definately making a mess of it but i think i speak for all of us when i say we don't want to see you leave!!!!

hang in there, we've all been fed up with guessing what will happen next but the release is closing in and let's just see what happens ...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:22 pm

M.Steiner
f33StNeu$ wrote:Biggie, KK is definately making a mess of it but i think i speak for all of us when i say we don't want to see you leave!!!!

hang in there, we've all been fed up with guessing what will happen next but the release is closing in and let's just see what happens ...
Ya, i don't wanna see u leave either m8 :(. I too have only being playing NC1 for the past few months because of you guys. Hang in there a bit longer. NC1 servers are supposed to shut in about 7 days now i think.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:03 pm

BlackDove
I'm giving NC the benefit of the doubt for one month. They give you that much if you get the expansion, so I guess that's the least I can do for them.

If they don't deliver, hello FFXI.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:42 pm

Futile Resistance
BlackDove wrote:I'm giving NC the benefit of the doubt for one month. They give you that much if you get the expansion, so I guess that's the least I can do for them.

If they don't deliver, hello FFXI.
I can see Winbrian preparing a "I told you so" remark if I go back :lol:

But yea, I don't wanna see you leave Big. I mean, if you're gone... Then I'm all alone :(

At least we don't have to give our SS# after all hehe.

On a side note, why the heck is the subscription so expensive?! That's like, 15 USD per month! That's the price I paid for FFXI with two alts (alts = 1 USD extra per char). Like BD said, if I'm hooked after one month, I'll keep paying. This price is insane. I don't know any MMORPG that's charging 15 USD.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:56 pm

M.Steiner
Price isn't much more from a lot of other MMO's out there. Up until now NC1 was cheap compared to others. Like EVE is $14.95, COH is $14.99...NC is $15.. Not much difference really :p

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:20 pm

Riccko
hey bigs m8ty.

dont leave just yet. :(

money isnt everything(but to some ppl it is).

you cant buy friends m8ty thats why we're here for you.

lets get into debt together. :lol:

give it a month at least once you've pked all the enemies.

yours truly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:16 pm

Futile Resistance
@ Riccko, or GET PKed by enemies :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:36 pm

SoulSeeker
Nah dont go....well not until its gone retail and we're sick to the back teeth of it:)

I'm personaly in two minds about the game , sure its a new type of nc1...but i do admit not alot really has changed in the gameplay or gfx....well i thinkso anyways...time will tell...we've waited this long might aswell stay and see what happens in the coming month or two.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:58 pm

M.Steiner
SoulSeeker wrote:we've waited this long might aswell stay and see what happens in the coming month or two.
I agree mate :thumb:

I never thought i'd see the day come where KK ACTUALLY released NC2, with them doing delay after delay after delay lol... but i've waited this long for it, i intend to play it. I see NC2 as "making the game i love to play even bigger and better" :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:24 pm

SSX-Biggie
I'll most-likely join you all in NC2, I'm just hoping KK doesn't do anything further to piss me off. :shake:

I suppose I should get my chars ready for the transfer to NC2...

Anyone power-levelling this week? (or want to ppu for comic , migs , or riceboy so they can ;) ) If so, when are you on?
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:40 pm

M.Steiner
SSX-Biggie wrote:I'll most-likely join you all in NC2, I'm just hoping KK doesn't do anything further to piss me off. :shake:
I know how ya feel, i'm praying that they ain't gonna wipe my 5 slot SH (cos it has a spirit mod). If they do i will be mega upset. :(

I prolly wont be on much until the last day or so of NC1 so i wont be able to PPU ya (my PPU is already set for transfer anyway), but i'll defo PPU ya in NC2 retail ;D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:04 pm

Riccko
@ Riccko, or GET PKed by enemies

which ever

as long as he stays :D

Nidhogg is pissing me off

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:56 pm

SSX-Biggie
What follows is a dialogue through PM on the Official NC Forums between Nidhogg and myself, regarding my signature:
Nidhogg wrote:
hegemonic wrote:Hello Nid.

I'm honestly confused as to what regulation my sig violated. Please tell me so I don't do it again because I read through the link you sent regarding sig rules and standards and did not find my sig to be in violation of anything listed there. Is my dancingkid too freaky? :)

Please let me know.

Thanks,
hegemonic
Nidhogg wrote:Your signature has been removed for violation of the forum rules. Please review them before choosing another. Thanks.

N
The problem was the animated graphic of the Downs Syndrome child. Poking fun at the mentally disabled is not tolerated here and I'd appreciate it if you changed your new sig before you force me to remove it a second time. Thanks.

N
I applaud that you do not tolerate poking fun at the mentally disabled.

My former picture, however was not of any child suffering from Downs Syndrome. I wouldn't dream of making light of the struggles of the differently abled, especially with my involvement as a volunteer with the Special Olympics here in the U.S..

My former picture was just a fat kid dancing around. Being a rather husky person myself, I have no problems poking fun at physical characteristics of my own.

Please use more discretion when deciding what things are. I find many others' sigs downright offensive and marvel at how they get through the mods' screening, and I strongly believe the least of the forums' problems is my sig with a dancing fat kid.

My current sig;
"[ Signature removed for no apparent reason by Nidhogg ] :p", I will change as per your request but I really feel you should have a sense of humor and lighten up a bit. You say very biting yet humorous things to people on the forums, but it seems here the humor that you appear to possess is lost on your offense at my sig.

In the future, I will not joke with you since you seem to not be able to take what you dish out.

Lighten up Nidhogg,
hegemonic

===================end===========

Now I'm waiting for his response. Why, of all people on the forums am I being singled out and babysat by Nid? Just another reason to be pissed at people who either work for KK or are associated with these asshats.

__bigs__
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:09 pm

M.Steiner
I'm a big lad myself and i don't find it offensive :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:20 pm

Scorpius
Actually I thought that was Biggs when he found out he'd have to pay for NC 2............ :lol:
More than likely someone has reported your Sig and so the Nidinator has to act.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:29 pm

BlackDove
I did a very complex mathematical equation a long long time ago.

Here are my findings.

People with multiple accounts (in example I used, the guy had five): not moderated too much
People with one or two accounts: moderated always

I hope you can read my complex equation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:24 pm

Futile Resistance
Ho Hum... tbh, everyone I've shown that sig to has cracked up laughing (@ Big) :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:32 pm

M.Steiner
Scorpius wrote:Actually I thought that was Biggs when he found out he'd have to pay for NC 2............ :lol:
lmao scorp :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:54 am

SSX-Biggie
Scorpius wrote:Actually I thought that was Biggs when he found out he'd have to pay for NC 2............ :lol:
More than likely someone has reported your Sig and so the Nidinator has to act.
ROFL @ Scorp :lol:

@ BD; good point re: your equation.

@ FR; ya damn right that's funny :)

@ MS; "I love ya like a fat kid luv cake..." -50cent
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:01 pm

Scorpius
Actually Nid and the other forum mods do seem to pick on known NCAT members alot I wonder why........ :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:47 pm

QuantumDelta
Scorpius wrote:Actually Nid and the other forum mods do seem to pick on known NCAT members alot I wonder why........ :lol:
they give reason for it :P
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

Return to “Neocron”