Whats your impression of the beta?

You'll never die alone...

Moderator: Global Moderators

Whats your impression of the beta?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:22 am

Cyma
Howdy all,
well after playing beta all day my first impression are not so bad. Think the game gonna be sweet with the new faction alliance.

Got lost I dont many time in doy hq but the place look nice. Never found my way out tho lol. I cannot wait to get my real alt in this. Was a bit lazy of leveling.

Think the thing I really hate is the new caracter desing.. They look really <censored>.
Huh?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:14 am

BlackDove
In my opinion, they're infinetly better than the cadavers from NC1 (however they could be better.....much better)

But, everyone has their own tastes :p

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:17 am

M.Steiner
To be quick - I'm impressed at the work KK have done on it, the graphics are beautiful in places - a lot better than some MMO's out there but they are still a good improvement from the NC1 graphics. Finding your way around the dome is pretty tough but i like that, but we'll spend long enough there either in Beta or Retail so eventually we'll know the place well.
I love how you need a lot of sympathy with your faction to buy certain things from your faction supply manager. That will surely make people think before they go ganking allies and bring factions closer together.

Beta has come a long way since it begin in closed beta, they've fixed quite a lot of bugs that there were originally there at the beginning. Sure there are still quite a few there but it shows they are trying hard. If they keep it up i think NC2 could be very successful with the right advertising. I hope it does well :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:33 pm

Blue Star
Sticky attached because ATM this is an important question :)

I'll remove it in a couple of days or so when the first impressions die down ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:46 pm

f33StNeu$
I think the interface is a bit crowded, there are so many indicators and windows that half my screen is filled ....

still looking how i can deactivate a few ...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:34 pm

BlackDove
Yeah, makes playing impossible on 800x600, but it's do-able on higher resolutions.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:47 pm

M.Steiner
The Hud looks perfect on 1280x1024, but i find the text a struggle to read at that res. I end up straining my eyes just to read the darn thing.
Isn't not too bad on 1024x768 which is what i play it on, ya get used to it anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:13 am

Cyma
Well after loosing alot alot alot of time in beta, i just hope it wont be like it ion the real game.. I am sorry to say that i dont like it. I was hopping to see more change, but expet the flying vehicul that look nice, the rest didnt of the game dosnet seem really great...

I though that would fix some little bug that the game have since the fisrt day but seem they were more concetrate to make skin for the players that look <censored>. Exept the pvp, i really dont enjoy the game.

I will try and try it again untill the beta end, but if the end of the beta will be like the game that we will have to pay, im not sure i will be a part of it.

Sry guys :(
Huh?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:34 am

M.Steiner
Cyma wrote:I will try and try it again untill the beta end, but if the end of the beta will be like the game that we will have to pay, im not sure i will be a part of it.
:( . Give them till end of beta and see if they manage to fix some of those awful bugs. There are quite a few still there but they have fixed a LOT of bugs during the closed beta. During the closed beta i had hardly any fatals or synchs during an entire month. Infact i could count the amount of fatals i had in that 1 month on my hands. Since path 130 tho they have returned along with synch probs, they should be able to get rid of them again i hope. It was much more enjoyable in beta when you didn't have to worry about that stuff.
Remember that quite a few stuff isn't in yet too, like the WoC skills and WoC items, player-run-shops and hacknet isn't fully in yet.

Anyway i'd be sad to see you go again m8, but when a game stops being fun its time to stop playing it. Lets see what happens anyway :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:09 pm

Riccko
well after playing a bit on beta.
the console is too bright
maybe a rpos is needed to tone it down.
makes game play a bit hard
but other than that it looks cool
even though i spent most of the time going round in circles :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:58 pm

M.Steiner
Riccko wrote:i spent most of the time going round in circles :lol:
Check this thread out mate, i put a webpage on the net that has some DOY sector guides/map (also hacknet maps) on which should be very useful to ya. It shows where the HQ's, shops, entrances/exits are :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:51 pm

Cyma
[quote="Maester Seymour
Anyway i'd be sad to see you go again m8, but when a game stops being fun its time to stop playing it. Lets see what happens anyway :)[/quote]

Think this is true. I will see this week what I will do.. My cst is almost cap so i will work on him. But i will take my decision this week. Thing is, if i stop... me wnt to play somehting :D Alot of peeps want me back to eq but the damn game is so long and boring. I really dont know where ill go lol

Anyway ill catch you guys ingame
Huh?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:50 pm

M.Steiner
Unstickied - NC2 beta servers are now shut to prepare them for retail usage. NC2 retail will go live on Wednesday as planned ;)

Hope everyone enjoyed it, hope to see you all in retail on wednesday :D

Return to “Neocron”