World at War...the cheats are here...

Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Halo 2, Test Drive Unlimited, you name it, we play it.

Moderator: Global Moderators

World at War...the cheats are here...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:47 am

Ozone
Well, i'm not a hax caller. Matter of fact I accept that I suck at FPS, seriously I suck (ask esd about the lore games), but I enjoy playing. If I get 12 kills (at level 43) i'm happy - less than 12 deaths and i'm ecstatic. But, I've encountered what appears to be (and in some cases are obvious) cheats. Here's the 4 I believe i've encountered...

THE NOOBKILLERS (unsure if was a cheat)
Bout 2 weeks ago when I started playing that there was a level 62 in the beginner's team deathmatch, which supposedly limits levels to 8 (I think). Didn't think much about it. Sure, he racked up the kills like mad, but I was just learning, so wasn't bothered. Unsure if this was a cheat or a fluke, but it did happen on a regular basis. One game had all level 5s to 7s on one team and two players in the 60s (guild tagged) on the other.

THE MAPMODDER (unsure if was a cheat, but all others thought so)
Last week, I was being (as well as everyone else) stalked by some guy with ninja training. I modded my character to a sniper with camo perk, took a supressor, found a tight corner and sat there, not firing. Sure enough, 2 mins later he turns the tight corner on the run, knifes me quicker than hell and runs off hardly breaking stride. Yep, I know that if people know the map they check these corners, but this was different. I played the rest of the game in many different locations, never moving or firing, yet he knifed me 10 times in 10 different locations, not common places to camp, and all without breaking stride. At one point I changed my 'hax spotter' tactics. I ditched the corners and submersed fully in deep grass waaayyyy of in the corner of the map - this guy came into sight a good distance off running the other direction (I thought there's no way he can see me, he's running away and is only a speck in my sights), though tempted I still didn't fire, yet he stopped, turned, squeezed off a round, and I'm toast (camo perk, no enemy recon, and prone in deep grass 1/4 of a map away). The chat was rife with Hax and cheats being thrown about. He was kicked during the next game.

THE DOPPLEGANGER (definite cheat on this one)
Last night, playing with my bud (he's pretty damn good, usually 15+ kills and <5 deaths), after numerous deaths he tells me he's getting team killed (in regular mode, not hardcore). He asks me to check out a player. I tell him its all OK, this guy just spawned next to me and nothing out of the ordinary is going on. This guy then casually takes out his knife and stabs me in the face. The killcam clearly shows him doing so. End of match, he's on the opposing team, yet his tag was green. He has over 30 kills at the end of a very quick match.

NEO (MAJOR cheat/bug - this one was impressive)
Tonight, a guy standing in the open, he got about 10 kills, seriously, in about 30 seconds - artillery, dogs, the works. So I respawn and hop in a tank and take a casual drive back to his location. He's still there, killing like crazy. I lob 3, count em, 3 tank shells directly into his torso from no more than 30 feet away (red targeting, full explosions) to no effect. He then, no shit (Sprite was watching and thought it was cool), flies straight up into the air about 50 feet, matrix style, runs across the sky like some Tibetan diety, stands directly over my tank and starts dropping grenades on my head till my tank goes boom. In the final seconds before respawn we watch him run across the sky, firing down at my teammates. I thought this was a glitch on my end, but, sure enough, we saw him do it 2 more times before the match ended.

Speculation...
I'm guessing that these must be modded games played on modified boxes allowing access to normal servers. Personally, even though I suck, I do enjoy playing, but some of these matches (and what I've seen the past 2 nights) make me think 'is this what the game is going to become, another great time till it gets haxed apart, ala Deus Ex MP back in the days'?

Question...
Is there anything like Punkbuster available on the 360 which will either inform me of mods being used or restrict mods from entering any games I host? Any info appreciated.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:31 pm

Inquisitor
Report them as cheating (with the report player function) for the last two if you really believe it, mark them as avoided players, and then you won't play with them again.

Enough people report the cheat, the devs patch it, and MS bans them.

If I really think something funny is going on (and I seem to be lucky never to see that sort of thing), I report them, avoid them, then leave the game. Life is too short, and there are hundreds of thousands of legit players on at any one time.

Its unlikley its modded Xboxs, sounds like old school lag and menu cycling cheats.

The first two I think you were just unlucky :)
No signature

Re: World at War...the cheats are here...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:48 pm

M.Steiner
Ozone wrote:THE NOOBKILLERS (unsure if was a cheat)
Bout 2 weeks ago when I started playing that there was a level 62 in the beginner's team deathmatch, which supposedly limits levels to 8 (I think). Didn't think much about it. Sure, he racked up the kills like mad, but I was just learning, so wasn't bothered. Unsure if this was a cheat or a fluke, but it did happen on a regular basis. One game had all level 5s to 7s on one team and two players in the 60s (guild tagged) on the other.
I'm not sure if there ARE "beginner" modes of each game type? Maybe i missed them?
I always play Core > Team Deathmatch (or whatever), never tried hardcore mode. But in all the core modes i've played through i've been up against people of all different character, skill & prestige levels, can't say i remember being in many where everyone else has been around the same level as me. Tbh, unlike an MMO for instance, the higher level you are in CoD5 doesn't necessarily mean you're gonna rape peeps lower than you. I'd honestly say it's all about skill (except in the cases where people cheat ofc..).
My bro is going through prestige 2 atm and as each prestige rank wipes all your weapons/perks/attachments etc he's had to use exactly the same gear as someone that had just started playing MP would. Even with the lowest level guns i've seen him kicking the arses of people that were higher in both regular level and prestige and he's quite often at the top of the games leaderboard whatever level his char is at the time.

Will give you a tip though which he gave me, as i've seen lots of other people do differently and it doesn't really do them any favors. I've seen many people swapping from different guns all the time (not talking about using a rifle for a more long range match then changing to a sub-machine for close match), but just constantly changing weapons all the time. Find weapons as you level up which you feel comfortable with and stick with them, even if you've unlocked some "higher" level weapons it doesn't mean they'll be better for you, all depends on your playstyle as well. That's another thing i like about this game, not everyone uses the same. My bro played really well with one of the machine guns i unlocked a few levels back which was higher level than the gun i was using, i was just awful with it for most matches. I'll post a list of some of the weapons i've stuck with later on :)
THE MAPMODDER (unsure if was a cheat, but all others thought so)
Last week, I was being (as well as everyone else) stalked by some guy with ninja training. I modded my character to a sniper with camo perk, took a supressor, found a tight corner and sat there, not firing. Sure enough, 2 mins later he turns the tight corner on the run, knifes me quicker than hell and runs off hardly breaking stride. Yep, I know that if people know the map they check these corners, but this was different. I played the rest of the game in many different locations, never moving or firing, yet he knifed me 10 times in 10 different locations, not common places to camp, and all without breaking stride. At one point I changed my 'hax spotter' tactics. I ditched the corners and submersed fully in deep grass waaayyyy of in the corner of the map - this guy came into sight a good distance off running the other direction (I thought there's no way he can see me, he's running away and is only a speck in my sights), though tempted I still didn't fire, yet he stopped, turned, squeezed off a round, and I'm toast (camo perk, no enemy recon, and prone in deep grass 1/4 of a map away). The chat was rife with Hax and cheats being thrown about. He was kicked during the next game.
My first reaction to this was obviously the enemy recon plane that may still have been active at the time, or maybe just before you got into position, though you say they didn't have one. Only other reasons i can think of are that he knew the map like the back of his hand (especially if he was high prestige, you'd be surprised) but 10 times if you weren't displaying on the enemy map seems quite a lot i must admit, or for some of those kills he spawned close by and just happened to catch you in his crosshair. I've spawned close by to hiding enemies before and managed to sneak up on them without them even knowing i was there so maybe that could account for a few of them, dunno. I've also shot (or thrown a grenade) into grass once or twice in places where i've seen people hiding before, just incase there was someone prone there that i couldn't see. Can't think of any other explanations but i can't think of an exploit he could be using to his advantage either. hmm..
THE DOPPLEGANGER (definite cheat on this one)
Last night, playing with my bud (he's pretty damn good, usually 15+ kills and <5 deaths), after numerous deaths he tells me he's getting team killed (in regular mode, not hardcore). He asks me to check out a player. I tell him its all OK, this guy just spawned next to me and nothing out of the ordinary is going on. This guy then casually takes out his knife and stabs me in the face. The killcam clearly shows him doing so. End of match, he's on the opposing team, yet his tag was green. He has over 30 kills at the end of a very quick match.
On a few occasions i've ran into someone who i thought was the enemy (as their tag was slow at appearing and so wasn't either red or green for a few seconds) and it turned out to be a teammate, just lag. Never seen an enemy with a green tag before but that could be down to lag too mebbe.
NEO (MAJOR cheat/bug - this one was impressive)
Tonight, a guy standing in the open, he got about 10 kills, seriously, in about 30 seconds - artillery, dogs, the works. So I respawn and hop in a tank and take a casual drive back to his location. He's still there, killing like crazy. I lob 3, count em, 3 tank shells directly into his torso from no more than 30 feet away (red targeting, full explosions) to no effect. He then, no shit (Sprite was watching and thought it was cool), flies straight up into the air about 50 feet, matrix style, runs across the sky like some Tibetan diety, stands directly over my tank and starts dropping grenades on my head till my tank goes boom. In the final seconds before respawn we watch him run across the sky, firing down at my teammates. I thought this was a glitch on my end, but, sure enough, we saw him do it 2 more times before the match ended.
Me & my bro have seen this before yeah, definately exploiting. I remember seeing it on the map (can't remember the name heh) with the hill in the middle which has the train track running across, also tanks. I was getting repeatidly killed by someone who i couldn't actually see, but on the killcam he was appearing below me and the screen was all weird cos of where he was.

Like the example above from what my bro has told me (as he's seen how some have done it), there are parts of the map(s) where you can take your character which knocks you underground. So you're looking up at the sky and you can see everything that's going on above you, and can easily kill people, but noone can get to you. I've seen it done on 2 maps and have always reported and avoided the people i've seen doing it, thankfully i've only seen it happen a handful of times out of the 100s of games i've played (same with the bug that Fen posted about the other week). I don't see what fun they get out of it, there's no challenge in it what so ever but if you avoid them at least you shouldn't get to play with them again whether they get banned or not. Just be sure you really think they are before you do (which i'm sure you would :)), know from the past some people instantly claim hax when often they're just a damn good player.
Not heard of modded games/consoles that are for cheating before, not sure how that would work on a console tbh? I know of modded consoles for illegal games but don't know of any other types of mods.. All the cheating i've seen has been people using glitches in the game to their advantage.

Wouldn't worry about sucking either mate. Some games i can have a really good K/D ratio and be either 1st or 2nd in our teams leaderboard (usually along side my bro lol), then there's others where i'm just terrible. Leaving myself open, not reacting fast enough etc. I'd say to just find some gear & perks that you're good with and have fun. :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:22 pm

Kon
Inquisitor wrote:Its unlikley its modded Xboxs, sounds like old school lag and menu cycling cheats.

The first two I think you were just unlucky :)
Modded Xboxs are probably more likely than anything else. There is a very large modding community, and while most of them stay offline or in LAN, there are always those idiots who feel the need to risk their Live account just to cheat and ruin the game for other people. I ran into quite a few modders back in the Halo 2 days.

I agree with MS that the first two instances probably weren't cheating, and that the third was just really bad lag. However, the guy flying around in the air is very obvious modding. Like Ed said, file a complaint and then avoid them.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Re: World at War...the cheats are here...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:04 pm

M.Steiner
DLC on the way next month for those of you that don't already know!
http://www.callofduty.com/intel/189.
I've only bought 2 things off Live before (3 on Tuesday when GTA4 DLC arrives for 1600) but i'm guessing the map pack will be around 800 points?
SSX-MS wrote:I'll post a list of some of the weapons i've stuck with later on :)
Here's a list of some of what i use most often. :)

---
STG-44 Rifle - Decent accuracy, range and a low recoil, one of my favourite weapons. I use this with either the flash hider or telescopic lens. There are a few other weapons that i've used a lot as well but this is the one i use most often.

Bandolier - Extra ammo. For a while i didn't need this as i usually died long before i ran out of ammo (and sometimes still do). I did later start to notice when i was getting longer kill streaks that i had run out of ammo though and as i prefer to stick with 1 weapon the extra ammo can be very handy.

Camouflage - Really nice with a flash hider so i don't appear when firing or by enemy recon planes. Good to take advantage of when their planes are up as you can often come at them from behind without them expecting you but ofc depends on the map too. / When i'm not using this perk i usually choose Stopping Power for the increased bullet dmg or double tap can be nice with the rifle i use.

Deep Impact - Deeper bullet penetration, good for when you can see someone hiding.

Those are what i use the most anyway. I have used Martyrdom and Juggernaut in the past but i've seen a lot of people using those, they kinda annoy me and i wanted to be a bit different too. :p
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:09 am

Fenavian
As far as the noobkiller goes, before the patch there was a way to stay in the noob playlist past level 8 provided you were still in said play list. I think this has been fixed since then though.

Return to “Xbox Live”