MW2 post to Infinity Ward

Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Halo 2, Test Drive Unlimited, you name it, we play it.

Moderator: Global Moderators

MW2 post to Infinity Ward

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:01 pm

Ozone
Dropped a line regarding their 'turning off' party/friend chat while in game. Wouldn't mind some support (if inclined to do so).

http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewt ... 6&t=183506

Cheers,

Oz

They're having some framework errors with their pages atm, may take a couple of tries to get through. May have to go: http://www.infinityward.com, Community (IW Forums), MW2, Xbox360, Party Chat Comment (posted by Ozone SSX)

Here's the post...
Hi. First time post (I registered to do so). Just want to add my voice to all those disappointed with the loss of party chat and give a damn good reason why.

Used to be that I could hook up with my friends and have some fun chatting while playing a game. Now we have to be interrupted and listen to insults thrown about by racists, bigots, homophobes, and 12 year olds who have recently learned to use the F-bomb and want to show it off. It doesn't happen all the time and when it does, i put up with it. Until last night...

My wife played for a bit in a party with a couple of my friends. When they went to game chat and she spoke to them the comments started flying; 'Hey there's a babe in the game', 'Hey honey, I've got a big gun you can play with over here', followed by laughs, then some downright sexist, insulting comments which caused her to stop playing. Needless to say she now thinks the entire game is garbage and it is populated by sexist jerks and she now frowns on my playing. I'm a non violent type, but if anyone ever spoke to her in anyways like that face to face, they would have lost teeth.

Been a fan of the entire CoD series but this one change has taken a considerable amount of enjoyment from the game in my opinion. If this 'restricting friend chat' continues I doubt I'll be dropping any cash on any future CoD titles.

Yes, I know I can mute players, but I'd be spending more time muting than playing. And yes, I know I can switch to friends chat only, but that becomes a problem when a join a friend's group and I can't communicate with his friends unless I log out and add them to my list. A lot of effort to try to play a game without having to hear trash.

/rant
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Re: MW2 post to Infinity Ward

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:40 pm

M.Steiner
I don't use a mic personally but I can understand why those of you who do are annoyed about this. They are at least listening so that's a start I guess. http://www.destructoid.com/infinity-war ... 5099.phtml :)

Sorry to hear that your wife had to listen to crap like that on there too Oz, noone should have to listen to that. Ava (Avapops) is pretty darn good at MP and must have owned some jerk on there a few times cos he got a PM from someone calling him a wanker once the game had ended. Happened a few times with WaW for him too. Sad.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Return to “Xbox Live”