I have stepped down ...

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

I have stepped down ...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:18 pm

Dolgan-Pen
As Kinship Representative for Penumbra. Elections are currently wrapping up and I expect that Rysh will be taking over that position on Monday. Calista will be our new Raid Coordinator.

I will be sure to have them both get in contact with Faer and let them both know where I left off.

In the meantime .... see you in the Moors!
Penumbra
Dolgan - 50 Dwarf Champion - GM Weaponsmith
Calinis - 50 Elf Loremaster - Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:42 pm

Valdartak-Pen
Penumbra election results.

The officers of Penumbra are now:

Kinship Representative Rysh

Kinship Advocate Valdartak

Raid Co-ordinator Calista

Quest Assistance Russett

Recruitment Officer Rosalee

Social Officer Groundberry

Recruitment and Social Assistant Kcrow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:14 pm

Revonator
Awsome, and Gratz to all!
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:46 pm

backpain
Grats to the new leaders of penumbra!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:20 pm

Calista-PEN
Greetings all. Thought i'd stop by and say hi. Im starting to get settled in to my new office. ~pets comfy new chair~ And getting alot of good advice from dolgan so i hope we can work together and have alot of fun soon :)

I tend to play on
Cailsta - Burg
Balidore - Tank
Scyler - Healer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:47 pm

Revonator
Ahh, Balidore!! Nice RAIDing with you in the Moors lastnight! :thumb:
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:11 pm

backpain
Thanks for keeping us updated, we look forward to doing things together in the coming days!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:12 pm

Calista-PEN
Revonator wrote:Ahh, Balidore!! Nice RAIDing with you in the Moors lastnight! :thumb:
Aye.. moors was good. Havnt done much as a tank there b4 so was vary different and was alot of fun. well atleast till creeps went to grams :( ended up going into delving to get dolgan his mace :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:42 pm

Christhalion
So when is our next joint raid?! I actually got to run with Defenders of the Greyflood last night and we dropped the Balrog in the first try, it was a blast! I want more Balrog blood!
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:46 pm

El Oso
Christhalion wrote:So when is our next joint raid?! I actually got to run with Defenders of the Greyflood last night and we dropped the Balrog in the first try, it was a blast! I want more Balrog blood!
I won't be scheduling any SSX raids for the time being,
As always all are welcome to sign up for Penumbra raids & will be accepted for runs if they don't have all spots filled!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:01 pm

Calista-PEN
Christhalion wrote:So when is our next joint raid?! I actually got to run with Defenders of the Greyflood last night and we dropped the Balrog in the first try, it was a blast! I want more Balrog blood!
Oh nice. I still havnt beaten the Balrog. So looking forward to defeating him with ya some time soon.

As for the joint raids... Your always welcome to sign up to our Kinship ones 2 days b4 the set time, for example we have one this saturday at 5pm EDT with lots of spots left. I am looking forward to doing some joint runs with you guys.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:43 am

Christhalion
Faernath wrote:
As always all are welcome to sign up for Penumbra raids & will be accepted for runs if they don't have all spots filled!
Would it be all right with the kin if we schedule some raids then on our own and include some of Pnumbra's people then? Because I know there are a few of us here that would like some SSX raid runs, and Penumbra has said they would be glad to run with whatever spots we have left.
Main: Christhalion Lvl 50 Hunter - Cristomir Lvl 50 Champion- Christophin Minstrel - Cristoleon Burgular
Officer of the Defenders of the Greyflood an Elendilmer Kinship - http://dotg.guildlaunch.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:53 am

El Oso
Christhalion wrote:
Faernath wrote:
Would it be all right with the kin if we schedule some raids then on our own and include some of Pnumbra's people then? Because I know there are a few of us here that would like some SSX raid runs, and Penumbra has said they would be glad to run with whatever spots we have left.
We don't have the numbers for a kin run & it looks like a joint-kin run will be difficult, but by all means please schedule away!

We just lost Dave to Penumbra, an SSX run is much, much less likely now. We're slowly recruiting new members (3 in a couple weeks!) Bear with us & we'll have the people for the rift again!

In the interim, everyone please feel free to put out feelers with people from other kinships you run with to gauge interest in an SSX run! We may not be in condition to run the rift now but with support from friends we could put runs together!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:06 am

backpain
Faernath wrote:
Christhalion wrote:
Faernath wrote: I won't be scheduling any SSX raids for the time being,
We don't have the numbers for a kin run & it looks like a joint-kin run will be difficult, but by all means please schedule away!

We just lost Dave to Penumbra, an SSX run is much, much less likely now. We're slowly recruiting new members (3 in a couple weeks!) Bear with us & we'll have the people for the rift again!

In the interim, everyone please feel free to put out feelers with people from other kinships you run with to gauge interest in an SSX run! We may not be in condition to run the rift now but with support from friends we could put runs together!

Why would it be difficult to ut together a kin raid with penumbra fill ins? Just curious as it appears that they are more than willing to help us out. It doesn't appear to me that we would need too many slots filled as it is.

We have alot of fairly active 50's that are looking to go to the rift, and having to go with other kins. We have another kin that wants us to schedule times when they can help fill in. I count (only those I have played with lately) so if I missed you I am ever so sorry, I just don't get on much anymore.

Orinol 50 champion
christhalion 50 hunter
jeredoc 50 hunter / jerelin upper 40's guard
ozgafen 50 champ / warin upper 40's guard
lifeson 50 minstral / faernath 50 capt / grwynn 50 hunter
falcathir 50 minstral
eli 50 lore master
mariwan 50 minstral
ardith 50 hunter
backpain 50 capt
rentor 50 champion

aldayne is 49 capt as well, not to mention up until today we had revonator 50 capt and thorzz 50 guard (who is going to the kin that is willing to help us out).

My point is that we almost have enough people on our own, as well as a kin that is willing and able to fill in the rest to help us with the at most 4 or 5 slots to run the rift. Unless I am missing something, I just don't see the difficulty of pulling off a SSX-Penumbra rift run again if not on a fairly consistent basis. It seems almost innapropriate to me (again unless there is something I am missing) to be putting the word out to seek other kins to run raids with in a thread started by a kin that has offered to help us, and continues to keep us updated as to the leadership changes and such of their kin. And a kin that we currently hold an alliance and a friendship with. What am I missing here?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:27 am

El Oso
backpain wrote:Why would it be difficult to ut together a kin raid with penumbra fill ins? Just curious as it appears that they are more than willing to help us out. It doesn't appear to me that we would need too many slots filled as it is.

We have alot of fairly active 50's that are looking to go to the rift, and having to go with other kins. We have another kin that wants us to schedule times when they can help fill in. I count (only those I have played with lately) so if I missed you I am ever so sorry, I just don't get on much anymore.

Orinol 50 champion
christhalion 50 hunter
jeredoc 50 hunter / jerelin upper 40's guard
ozgafen 50 champ / warin upper 40's guard
lifeson 50 minstral / faernath 50 capt / grwynn 50 hunter
falcathir 50 minstral
eli 50 lore master
mariwan 50 minstral
ardith 50 hunter
backpain 50 capt
rentor 50 champion

aldayne is 49 capt as well, not to mention up until today we had revonator 50 capt and thorzz 50 guard (who is going to the kin that is willing to help us out).

My point is that we almost have enough people on our own, as well as a kin that is willing and able to fill in the rest to help us with the at most 4 or 5 slots to run the rift. Unless I am missing something, I just don't see the difficulty of pulling off a SSX-Penumbra rift run again if not on a fairly consistent basis.
As I said, by all means please schedule away!

The SSX run that we ran a couple of weeks ago, with 2 weeks notice, had 5 SSX people interested and signed up as confirmed for the run. And one of those people has since left. We simply don't have the numbers for a kinship run, a joint-run is what would have to happen!

Last week I scheduled a SSX rift run for this weekend and scrubbed it due to a scheduling conflict with Penumbra.

The situation is not quite as simple as tapping Penumbra for SSX runs when we feel like raiding. Penumbra recently set a weekly rift-raid schedule in stone and, while they have enough to run the rift and slightly more, until both kinships have more members as a buffer, an SSX/Penumbra run could potentially either fall flat or keep Penumbra members from their kinship runs. Neither is a desirable outcome to me. Again, if you would like to schedule a rift run, please feel free to do so! There is both SSX and Penumbra interest but remember, the alliance that Dolgan & I agreed upon is not a blanket offer to help SSX at will, Penumbra needs to address their own needs first!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:46 am

backpain
The situation is not quite as simple as tapping Penumbra for SSX runs when we feel like raiding. Penumbra recently set a weekly rift-raid schedule in stone and, while they have enough to run the rift and slightly more, until both kinships have more members as a buffer, an SSX/Penumbra run could potentially either fall flat or keep Penumbra members from their kinship runs. Neither is a desirable outcome to me. Again, if you would like to schedule a rift run, please feel free to do so! There is both SSX and Penumbra interest but remember, the alliance that Dolgan & I agreed upon is not a blanket offer to help SSX at will, Penumbra needs to address their own needs first!

I just logged on to see that there were 8 ssx on and 7 were 50's with one level 49. As far as the five interested, we have since picked up a few people either as new members or people coming back from inactivity that I have personally heard of interest in the rift. And we all know that I hold a special power over that one that left (I know some childhood secrets hahahahahahaha) he would happily run a ssx-penumbra raid!

I never saw a second run scheduled. Was it while I was away? Penumbra has always had a weekly rift run scheduled. I was looking at their new schedule and it would be easy for us to have a comfortable joint run every other week if we so desired if not weekly. Of course Penumbra will take care of ther own needs first, I would assume so would we! We didn't make one big kinship, it would be wrong to assume so. I am not going to make an arguement out of this for sure, but it just seems odd to me that after having a great time just 2 weeks ago that we are throwing it all away over one schedule conflict. This is the last I am even going to say on the matter, I am not even an officer of the kin. My head is just spinning in all honesty. I was greatly enjoying the alliance and looking forward to what it would turn into in the coming days. I just seems to me like throwing the baby out with the bath water as the old cliche' goes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:58 am

Christhalion
Well then it seems to me the only thing stopping us from doing it... is just that. It is tough to schedule a run with just SSX right now... I definitely concur with that synopsis... I personally would not be able to do it every week, nor would I want to do it every week. Lots of kins have similar problems as we do. Like Faernath said, we can schedule away as far as he is concerned, so let's try and get something together and see how it goes. I really personally don't view this as a huge issue, not to downplay how others feel about it. To me it's a game for fun, and we should try and have some more fun together the best we can! The Rift is fun to me, especially so with those we have in the kin (as much as you don't think I enjoy your company :p ), throw in a few extra friends from your friends list and we have a great group!

I think that some of us should try and run with kins we know that do run it often so that we do gain what we lack right now, and that is experienced players in the Rift. When Falc and I went last night with DOTG it was neat for me to be able to take some notes that I know we can use in our kin on running some of the Rift content. Bottom line I think we should all do what we can to support the kin we are in and work together towards doing more things togther like the Rift.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:00 am

El Oso
backpain wrote:I just logged on to see that there were 8 ssx on and 7 were 50's with one level 49. As far as the five interested, we have since picked up a few people either as new members or people coming back from inactivity that I have personally heard of interest in the rift. And we all know that I hold a special power over that one that left (I know some childhood secrets hahahahahahaha) he would happily run a ssx-penumbra raid!

I never saw a second run scheduled. Was it while I was away? Penumbra has always had a weekly rift run scheduled. I was looking at their new schedule and it would be easy for us to have a comfortable joint run every other week if we so desired if not weekly. Of course Penumbra will take care of ther own needs first, I would assume so would we! We didn't make one big kinship, it would be wrong to assume so. I am not going to make an arguement out of this for sure, but it just seems odd to me that after having a great time just 2 weeks ago that we are throwing it all away over one schedule conflict. This is the last I am even going to say on the matter, I am not even an officer of the kin. My head is just spinning in all honesty. I was greatly enjoying the alliance and looking forward to what it would turn into in the coming days. I just seems to me like throwing the baby out with the bath water as the old cliche' goes.
As we all know, someone being logged on on a Wednesday night doesn't necessarily mean they're interested or available for a rift run the following weekend. They could, say, have familial or fishing obligations. :D Our active number of 50s is about the same as it was 2 weeks ago, there haven't been drastic changes in membership since then. It was a bear to generate interest in the run, and I wholly appreciate's Penumbra's help with the run and graciousness in dealing with the issues it caused with filling their all-Pen run that weekend. But far be it from us to put them out because we don't have 12 interested parties.

There are some assumptions being made here that I am not comfortable with. I'll say now that I/we am/are not presently throwing anything out with anything. Last week, I scheduled a run for the 11th since Penumbra's calendar was empty. Like you, I had fun in the rift and wanted to get back there as soon as possible. I retracted my post when it was brought up in Penumbra's forums that it conflicted with their run. You didn't see the post because the issue was hashed out in Penumbra's forums and I deleted the announcement on our forums. :) It has also been stated in Penumbra's forums that we don't currently have the numbers to comfortably field 2 full runs any given weekend & I agree. I am waiting to discuss the issue further once Penumbra's new leadership settles in. I personally don't intend to schedule any SSX raids atm until things are worked out with Penumbra, whatever the results. I'll say it again again, though: by all means please schedule away!

Are there any concerns that anyone has that I haven't touched upon?

If there is a concern that I'm not acting in the kinship's best interest in anything that I do, that should be addressed. If this is a general concern, doubly so. I'll draft up another post for some needed kinship business.
Last edited by El Oso on Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:24 am

El Oso
For posterity, posted 4/3/08 ~11AM ET:

Run cancelled

****Fri 4/11 8PM ET & Sat 4/12 5PM ET****

For those who sign up: let me know if you cannot make it for either start time!

Preference will be given to peeps who can run both days. If you are there for the first day, PLEASE try to be there for the second day. The people signed up for the run have first dibs on their slot (for both days.) At run time, in the event that one or more of the following people can't make it or need to leave, alternates will be chosen from the pool of all available peeps, not just SSX. Class will be considered in this process if it will help us bring a more balanced group. Race will be a factor only if you are a stinking elf. Also, if you are signed up but are LATE for the run, you are NOT guaranteed a spot. We'll give you 15 minutes grace but all are encouraged to show up early! The raid party will meet in Michel Delving town center so we can make fun of the hobbits before we port. This Rift Run, heretofore referred to as "the run" copyright 2008. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the name of Thorrz' cloak, are disclaimed.

I am going to try my hardest to NOT lead this raid. I've only participated in one full rift raid and despite Calinis' great leadership, I was lax with taking notes. If Thorrz *ahem* is unavailable or uninterested, anyone with sufficient rift experience is welcome to call the shots inside. :) Otherwise I'll try not to get us all killed.

alternates:

Slots will be reserved for SSX peeps until 12PM ET on WED the 9th, after which time Penumbra's sign-ups will be approved for the run. Non-alliance peeps will then have the option to join if there is anyone you want to invite.

Return to “Lord of the Rings”