In case someone pass by

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

In case someone pass by

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:10 pm

gandalor
Salutation to anyone who would pass here to get news about how it is going ingame...

Shatered stars are dead on Elendilmir but the game is great atm, since the moria expansion a lot of players joined and the content improved a lot. If some of you want to rejoin the game call me gandalor/elethond I'm in a nice guild of casual and friendly players and I would be delighted to see you again.
WHY???? WHYYYYYYYYY?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:03 am

Wulfsmark
Gandalor!! How have you been?
Good to see you are still playing and having a good time at it. I was reading about the new classes and new level cap and new content. It all looks great. Did they do any improvements to the Ettenmoors? Man, those were fun times out there!! Take care and have fun!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:31 am

El Oso
Wulfsmark wrote:Did they do any improvements to the Ettenmoors?
They made some changes.... :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:39 am

gandalor
Great to see some peoples still read this forum :thumb: and Wulfi of all peoples :D I miss you a lot... actualy of all peoples you're the one I miss the most, it was some great time we passed together back then, I wish you'll come back, I lvled my loremaster to be able to pvp for real I only need you now :p

Yhea they did some modif for eten, raised creeps lvl to 60, changed the dynamic of the place with key positions to hold, removed the hot points since they were not used, I'm not sure of everything since my main is now only lvl 55.

On my side I've restarted to work after 3 years so it's kind of weird for me. I should launch my own web commic by the begin of january and I'm taking a class of enterprise creation. So globaly I've been fine.

Will you come back? The content is great it realy worth it... still it's not the same without my old friends.
WHY???? WHYYYYYYYYY?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:21 am

Wulfsmark
Awwwww!!! Thanks... I miss you too.... Fond memories as well on this end. I will probably be back to Lord of the Rings eventually...but not any time soon... I think maybe by this time next year... right now Playing Vanguard... RL is great... I have a great job doing what I love to do... LOGISTICS!!!! YAY me!! he he I lurk here all the time... I am playing CN too with the crew here.. that is pretty fun... But I always check out this part hoping to see someone say something... and YOU did!!! Yay You!!! Glad to hear real life is going good for you!!

You are too funny Faer.... but Gondalor gave up the goods!!!

I know what you mean... I miss all the old crew too... it was lots of fun... But I am here all the time.. don't usually post much.. cause I usually don't have much to say... but I am really glad you stopped by.. and hopefully when I get back you all will still be there!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:32 pm

El Oso
Wulfsmark wrote:You are too funny Faer.... but Gondalor gave up the goods!!!
Yeah I'd rather have you come find out for yourself ;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:10 am

Wulfsmark
Awww, thanks Faer... I am curious... do you now have more slots for more toons?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:14 pm

El Oso
Wulfsmark wrote:Awww, thanks Faer... I am curious... do you now have more slots for more toons?
yup,
they added two new slots, so 7 total!

i rolled a champ
:D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:45 am

Wulfsmark
Ellura was one of my favorite toons!! I am trying a main tank in Vanguard to see what that is like.... I have always picked off tanks!! All because my champ was so much fun!!! Keep me updated on how you like it.. I am curious about your warden as well!! I had fun with Warden class in EQ2...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:48 pm

Revonator
I think you will like LotrO upon your return. There is a lot more to do in the game. Form trait sets for each class that add bonuses for different situations to legendary gear that you level.

The game is very different now. Traits are MUCH easier to increase in Moria.

I love the changes.

And....

HI WULFIE!!!! *waves*

Tell Syro to bring you back :) :thumb:
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:14 pm

gandalor
The warden is the best solo class ever, a smart guy can solo 2 elites of his lvl or 3 under his lvl easily. They have the fastest out of combat movement without horse. Their big strenght is in their incredible in combat morale regen, it's just to high... even bether when you focus on it in your build... they are kicking ass as tank since they do more dmgs than guardians. They keep the agro as well as healing themself. Got a new shield between the light and the heavy just for them... what else to say? Their mechanic is nice to...

Legendary items lvling with you are a blast to they realy reflavour the meaning of equipment.

They added set of class traits, for each traits of the same type you have sloted you gain passives bonuses and ultimately when you have 5 of the same type you can unlock new legendary traits fiting with your build. They added 2 class trait slots to so you are not 100% in a single type.

The feeling in the Moria is great to... you realy feel in it, it's not just some dumb instance you finish after 5 hours.
WHY???? WHYYYYYYYYY?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:34 am

Wulfsmark
Revonator wrote: HI WULFIE!!!! *waves*

Tell Syro to bring you back :) :thumb:
*waves* HI REVIE!!!!!

I think you may have told him yourself!!! :D

Warden sounds totally different than the warden class in EQ2.. sounds very interesting though... more of a tank than the tank... pretty cool :weird:

It all sounds very fun!!! Glad you are all enjoying it so much!! I miss you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:41 am

Syro
Hiya Gandalor :)

I turn my back for a second and you folks fire up a thread. Reminds me of the time when Mariwen and Wulfie smoked pipes and drank ale before an ill-fated run in CD. ;D

My favorite solo class was the evil Bandit (aka Azlor's pet) :eek:

My favorite tank was the Minstrel.

BUT!!! Warden sounds fun.

Revie... I remember when we had to kill 3600 worms and bears to get the 1800 worms plus all those hundreds and hundreds of trolls in MM. Easier!??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO haha

Even so... I miss our SSX-lotro gang. Best peeps in gaming!

And Dan playing a champ! ROFL.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:35 am

Revonator
Pictorial Story of a Captain named Revonator....

The last 2 are legendary Halberd and Captain's Emblem.
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:19 pm

gandalor
On my side I got a realy nice loremaster book, I maxed the first power witch is : - +-900 to tactical resist of the mob(you could as well say that the monster have absolutely no mitigation against my spells)
- 1200 mele defense for the mobs and +230 fire skills crit chances.

My staff isn't that good but I got a flat +x% to tactical base dmgs (+5% right now)

I got 4 tier 6 runes gems and the other things...
WHY???? WHYYYYYYYYY?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:26 pm

Syro
Sweet and sweet!

Revonator is finally starting to look 1337!

I am going to have to hire a leveling service to keep up with you guys.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:26 am

Wulfsmark
Soooooooo, Gondalor look at what you went and did... post a little post and get a lot of the gang talking again!!!!

REVIE!!!! You definately LEET looking!!!!

Krye was an awesome tank!!!!

I don't think LM can be considered solo :weird: :weird: I mean you have a pet... so that would be duo.. no? :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:29 am

Revonator
LMs have a NEW pet, and can trait to make it a SIG. The new pet is a Saber tooth Tiger ;)

:thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:32 am

Wulfsmark
Ohhhhhhh, sounds cool!!! :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:04 pm

El Oso
Revonator wrote:Pictorial Story of a Captain named Revonator....
Nice skirt!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:57 pm

Revonator
I hoped you would like it ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:29 pm

Syro
What I meant by 1337 was SWEET. Rev looks hot in a skirt! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:45 pm

Wulfsmark
I thought it was a dress.. not a skirt.... but either way Revie does look hot in a dress!!! For a sec there I thought maybe he had changed his class somehow to LM... :weird: :confused:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:27 pm

Revonator
Poor Thorrz though, Hushai may replace him as #2 :eek:

Return to “Lord of the Rings”