Essential Mods

We currently have guilds across the =US=Doomsayer(PVP), =US=Thog(PVE), and =EU=Wildsoul(PVP) servers!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Essential Mods

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:50 am

Padishar
Quick List just to get them up, will add more later when time permits:

Mirage Compilation - A compilation of mods, the most notable one being 4 small quickbars in center of screen.
FYI. Led Mirage has been making and compiling mods for a LONG time now. He was the one that got me in to mods well before AoC, when he went by the psudo Insomniax.

AoC Mod Updater - This mod will auto update all your mod identifiers to say they are update and there for usable with the most recent AoC Patch. This mod does NOT actually update your mods, it only matches their build number with the current AoC Patch.
Last edited by Padishar on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:47 pm

undrin
Good post I know others were asking about this. I would like to ask about the resource node addon though as I cannot remember where I found the dang thing. I think others may like that.
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:51 pm

Padishar
I believe they patched it into the game itself,
so you don't need the mod anymore.
If not, then it is in the Mirage compilation, as I have it and never DL the resource thingy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:56 am

Svarog
Mods for AoC? :D

I like the default UI, though some damage meters wont hurt :weird:
I hope we wont need damage meters, they cause so much grief.
Frag the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:42 am

Trixster
I personally hate damage meters if i could destroy them all i would.

/rant on
I think they are counter productive to grouping, here is my reason.

Ok everyone gets DMG = Hate/Aggro
When grouped its about team work to make it through and to beat the instance.
Because its human nature to want to be the best and come in first place, you will see players go past the amount of damage they should be doing just to try and beat someone they see that is ahead of them on the dmg meters.

A lot of the time, this causes the player to be then hit by the mobs.
Ok we here is the problem with that.

#1 they get killed, Ok well there goes DPS that would have been needed for a fight.

#2 player gets hit, tank will try to regain aggro the healers will try and save the player from dieing and will not be focused on the tank, mob turns and starts pounding on the tank and they get lower in life then they should ever get.

#3 Healer tries saving said player, ends up getting more aggro for their efforts, and mobs end up killing healers due to healing agg, resulting in 1 less healer and damaging effectiveness and survivability of the group.

Now before its is said I know some are thinking yea but i know how to control my hate and don't pull off the mob. that being said that means you know how to max you dmg output and not be destructive. if so why do you need a meter? once again human nature.

/rant off

The exceptions to this are self monitoring damage meters because these could be used to help tweak your dps and help the effectiveness of the group. But self monitoring only, not ones that show entire group dps.

Also, aggro mods to warn when about to pull aggro from the group are good as long as they don't show actual damage just hate generation.
Currently playing BF2142 as Starbuck989

"If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?""
Quote by Will Rogers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:14 pm

Padishar
There are some DM mods, mostly in the form of out of game spreadsheet like database programs.
I don't use em myself, but have read about how folks converted EQII mods over to AoC to help get a DM track on their characters to try and decrypt how things are done in this game.
Most of the info we have on percentages, wep speeds, defense etc were all done with DM mods.
So yes they are annoying for parties, but they do help in those trying to research beneficial stats, as Funcom gives very little (if any) details about important game stats....
Esp. since we all spend 100's of hours in these damn games :cool:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:40 am

Svarog
I really hated Damage Meters in WoW, I used to have so much fights, like we were doing SSC, me and this guy that always caused trouble had a lot of arguments.

Never playing that bullshit ever again. Damage meters are never correct, they can only give you a rough idea where you are. I used to try so hard on bosses, I had every attribute for high raid damage, but I could never do top damage. I did top damage in Zul, on some bosses. Bad memories of wasting nerves on a game.
Frag the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:08 pm

Enhia
the updater file (zip) does not work with me - says it is invalid ;/ dont know if u guys had any issues.

Return to “Age of Conan”