Super Noob Question

Shivans, space crack and the SCP.

Moderator: Global Moderators

Super Noob Question

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:37 pm

mintos
Hi everyone, one doubt.

I've downloaded several campaigns with mods included. Now, some campaigns tell me to move some file to the DATA/TABLES folder....

Here's the thing... I don't have any tables folder :sweat: ...

so i dont really know if these instructions means other action like: place the files to DATA/EFFECTS or DATA/INTERFACE.... or if Im really missing that folder... :confused:

Tnx a lot :thumb:

REAC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:37 pm

BlackDove
The folder arrangment ought to look like this if you have multiple campaigns and are using the SCP's "MOD" option

freespace2/ModOfChoice/data/tables

If you don't have a tables folder you can do two things. You can either just dump the .tbl folder into the "data" folder, it should be read, but the better thing to do is to just create a "tables" folder in the "data" folder, and dump it in there because that's the proper dissemination and that's the way it works.

If you're not using the MOD option from the SCP launcher, then you're probably using the main "data" folder (located in the freespace2 folder, looking like freespace2/data/tables) so any .tbl files should go in there.

Hope that clears it up. I'd give you screenshots but alas, not installed at the moment.

Tnx a lot!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:29 pm

mintos
Tnx BD!

I created the tables folder and is working... still have more campaigns to test, but right now they're running just fine...

I really apreciate your help and your time!

Thank you a lot!!

REAC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:53 pm

BlackDove
No problem, if you have any other questions I'll try to answer to the best of my abilities.

Return to “FreeSpace”