What are you up to?

Roll the dice! Formerly the D&D Forum.

Moderators: Global Moderators, D&D Moderators

What are you up to?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:48 am

BlueFlames
Online or off, I'm wondering what people are up to in the wide world of D&D.

At the beginning of this academic year, my D&D group didn't reform as I had hoped, putting a stop to my previous campaign. Next year, I'll be sharing an apartment with a few players, so I'm cobbling together and fleshing out ideas for a new campaign. I'll be sending them through the lower planes this time out. In no particular order, they'll be escaping the Prison Plane, dodging hellish regiments in the Blood War, coping with a case of the Grays, and even taking a swim in the Styx.

Any other campaigns in development/progress?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:57 pm

Chimera
I'm currently involved in three campaigns.

One appears to be a Forgotten Realms campaign, where in the characters are orcs (or derivations thereof) fighting in some arctic area somewhere vs. elves and dwarves. This game has been particularly amusing since we seem to have a struggle for warband leader every session. My character is a xenophobic goblin druid named FrogBile.

In another campaign, (home brewed), we're doing the typical investigate-the-dark-wizard and save-the-kingdom. But since most of the party is Chaotic Neutral or Neutral Evil, the latter doesn't seem to be a high priority. I'm playing a Tiefling Thief (building up for assasin) named Gabriel Van Szant.

In the last game, in which I am GM, we are running a game of Hackmaster. Hackmaster is essentially 1/3 1st ed, 1/3 2nd ed, and 1/3 new material. Its based on the Knights of the Dinner Table series of comics, but its actually a playable game. Very old school, but very fun. We've been playing for about a year and a half and I've got the party up to level 5ish. The hackmaster campaign will be wrapping up by the end of spring and go into hiatus until Fall.

In the Summer, therefore, I think I'll try my hand again at DM'ing an online game via IRC or OpenRPG. I got one character sheet for the game from someone, but thats it.

So keep that in mind any interested parties.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:25 pm

Stracius
lets see... Icewind dale runs on the D&D ruleset...

does playing a single-player campaign (lazily and slowly) on my computer count? :D
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:25 am

Rock-n-Roll
Chimera wrote:I'm currently involved in three campaigns.

One appears to be a Forgotten Realms campaign, where in the characters are orcs (or derivations thereof) fighting in some arctic area somewhere vs. elves and dwarves. This game has been particularly amusing since we seem to have a struggle for warband leader every session. My character is a xenophobic goblin druid named FrogBile.

In another campaign, (home brewed), we're doing the typical investigate-the-dark-wizard and save-the-kingdom. But since most of the party is Chaotic Neutral or Neutral Evil, the latter doesn't seem to be a high priority. I'm playing a Tiefling Thief (building up for assasin) named Gabriel Van Szant.

In the last game, in which I am GM, we are running a game of Hackmaster. Hackmaster is essentially 1/3 1st ed, 1/3 2nd ed, and 1/3 new material. Its based on the Knights of the Dinner Table series of comics, but its actually a playable game. Very old school, but very fun. We've been playing for about a year and a half and I've got the party up to level 5ish. The hackmaster campaign will be wrapping up by the end of spring and go into hiatus until Fall.

In the Summer, therefore, I think I'll try my hand again at DM'ing an online game via IRC or OpenRPG. I got one character sheet for the game from someone, but thats it.

So keep that in mind any interested parties.
Hrrmm...it might could be that I could finally do this again...depending on timing and such of course.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:34 pm

Messiah
Well, I have been doing nothing with D&D for since the aborted online campaign attempt last fall.

However, I have it on good authority that one of my favorite D&D players may be interested in an online campaing coming up. The parameters would be that it meet no more than once per week, it start no earlier than 9PM EST and end (absolutley) no later than 1AM, and that Lazlo play a character that is strong, dumb and likes to play with fire.

So, who is interested in getting a campaign going?
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:20 am

Serberus
Well my D&D shop has got new owners who run campaigns every night, so im playing on mondays and also world of darkness on wednes. But im keen for some online love. Im available most days so i dont see why it would be a problem for me to play.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:19 pm

Talon
Messiah wrote:Well, I have been doing nothing with D&D for since the aborted online campaign attempt last fall.

However, I have it on good authority that one of my favorite D&D players may be interested in an online campaing coming up. The parameters would be that it meet no more than once per week, it start no earlier than 9PM EST and end (absolutley) no later than 1AM, and that Lazlo play a character that is strong, dumb and likes to play with fire.

So, who is interested in getting a campaign going?
ME!! ME!! I haven't checked this board for a while (busy and stuff). I am in! I need a campaign. It has been too long. I promise I won't play a complicated character. Set it up Mess... we will follow. Heck... just use an old campaign!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:32 pm

Lazlo Hollyfeld
can i play a blind, one-legged, jedi chicken?
"you see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. you're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. where can you go from there? where?"
-nigel tufnel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:42 pm

Rock-n-Roll
Lazlo Hollyfeld wrote:can i play a blind, one-legged, jedi chicken?
I would love to play a Sci-Fi setting.

Stargate, Firefly, Star Wars RPG (Always liked the old west end version)

I also just finished off the Firefly series plus Serenity. What a cool 'verse that would be to play in.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:04 am

Talon
Lazlo Hollyfeld wrote:can i play a blind, one-legged, jedi chicken?
Of course you can... although I of course would never do anything like that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:50 pm

Chimera
Recently got into a high-level campaign where we are playing through the "Bastion of Broken Souls" module for 18th level characters. I won't go into it but it involves independent agents of Demogorgon, Balors galore, and a "machine" called the bastion of unborn souls responsible for maintaining a significant portion of souls.

The hook that started the adventure was "You come across a village where children are born without souls."

Currently, my 19th level arcane wizard has something like 400,000 gold in gear and spells on him. Our plan now is to destroy the Demon-Dragon Ashardalon who is devouring souls as though they were chicken nuggets.

My fallback plan at this point is to use Mordenkainen's Disjunction to destroy the Bastion of Broken Souls if need be, which could be a multiverse wrecker theoretically.

We shall see...
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

Return to “Tabletop RPGs”