Dragonlord Campaign Setting

Roll the dice! Formerly the D&D Forum.

Moderators: Global Moderators, D&D Moderators

Dragonlord Campaign Setting

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:23 am

Noihvo
Take part in the creation of a whole new campaign setting! Make a difference, and get your names written among the stars!

I am creating a new campaign setting for D&D, called Dragonlord, and now I need You to assist me.

During the last five weeks I have written a 48-page skeleton for the whole campaign setting, to act as a guide for the real campaign setting. This full 320-page supplement for D&D will be finished in june 2008 as a project in my college. During the spring semester, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, I will write on this massive project, and I need you on this forum to give response on the project. Give me your thoughts as you read the document, share your ideas on new stories, places, monsters, or anything that comes to mind. This can be a creation of the whole D&D community!

"So where can I read this skeleton of a masterpiece?" I hear you ask. You can download the pdf right here: http://hacktheplanet.se/clas....ng.pdf, and if you want to have a real printed version you gan get one here, at Lulu.com.

Help me with this project, and help create a whole new campaign setting, by the community, for the community.
Last edited by Noihvo on Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:01 pm

Inquisitor
Neat.

Who are you?
No signature

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:14 pm

Messiah
Smells fishy.
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:36 pm

Stracius
Speaking of PDFs, did Adobe fix that exploit yet where a virus could be executed through opening a PDF file in Internet Explorer?

Links are borked for me.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:56 pm

Zephir
Hmmmmm, and none of the links work.
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:03 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
My Spidey-bot sense is tingling....though it has been known to be wrong before.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:03 pm

Inquisitor
Looks bottish, I went ahead and edited the links out.

If its real, great. He/she can come back and say hi :)
No signature

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:49 am

Noihvo
I assure you I am no bot :rolleyes: . I just made it a little more dramatic to draw your eyes here. And would never put any viruses in my work, I would just be glad if anyone read them. And with the activity on this forum, with six replies just after one day, I think this can be where I can get the most response.
So please, if you are the least bit interested in a new campaign setting, and have the time, read it. Response is very hard to get byy nowadays.
Thank you for your time! :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:03 am

Noihvo
Here is a brief synopsis from the back of the book:
Unfold yor wings, and fly into a world ruled by the most powerful creatures in existence. Be a dragonborn and test your mettle againt the mighty half-red dragon fire giant that is rampaging in the village. Challange a spellscale for a mage-duel, and see if wizardry or sorcery is the supreme art. Or join in with the freedom fighters of the Free States, and fight the oppression of the Dragonlords.

In a world as infinite as the coins in Astilabor's hoard, you can be anything you can imagine.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:07 am

Scorpius
H'mmmm reminds me of the previous D&D dragon based campaign setting. Well this can't be worse than that.
Power Corrupts, Ultimate Power is Fun.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:10 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Since you aren't a bot feel free to repost the links ;) And apologies for our suspicions lol.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:28 pm

Inquisitor
Well, working links, neither of the ones posted worked.

How did you find us?
No signature

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:13 pm

Noihvo
Inquisitor wrote:Well, working links, neither of the ones posted worked.

How did you find us?
I have fixed the links now, have at them. To answer your second question; I actually just Googled this site. I was looking for forums about D&D, and I currently has the document up on six different forums.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:55 pm

Inquisitor
Ah, cool.

Welcome, sorry for the chilly reception, we get alot of bots ;)

I'll download this, always cool to see another game designer in action.
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:15 pm

Syn
Mine eyes peruse the first couple paragraphs, and wonder why you do not have a a copy editor. =P

The general meat is actually pretty easy to swallow, but since it's a setting not a rule set, I don't really have much to say about it one way or another.
bah my forums is dead, so it is removed from my sig...

Btw, I'm making a game, it will be awesome, you will look forward to it.[/hype]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:36 pm

Noihvo
Syn wrote:The general meat is actually pretty easy to swallow, but since it's a setting not a rule set, I don't really have much to say about it one way or another.
Actually, I tire of all these new books that Wizards spew out on a monthly basis. "New classes, new feats, new spells" they always say. This is not my intention with Dragonlord. Instead I plan to create a new world with a living history, culture and politics, and with plentiful opportunities for adventures. Therefore I would like to hear what you have to say about the feeling of the setting, and about its mood.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:35 pm

Inquisitor
Editing is alot easier said than done Syn :)

We went through round after round with DHU, and stuff still is wrong.

Is it just you working on this? One of the things I was impressed with was the layout and style of the pages themselves, it "looks" nice :)

We did not manage quite so nice a look with our pages.
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:30 am

Noihvo
Yes, all the work (except for the map) is done by myself. I tried to get the layout as easy to read as possible, and as close to the "official" sourcebooks as possible.

Return to “Tabletop RPGs”