Hello???

Roll the dice! Formerly the D&D Forum.

Moderators: Global Moderators, D&D Moderators

Hello???

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:05 am

Ozone
Hi folks. Was wondering a few things:

1) Is anyone actually playing?
2) If so, do you guys have a schedule worked out of is it arbitrary?
3) What rule set is being used? Any expansions?
4) What current on-line resources are being used?
5) Could you use another player?
6) If so, could you give me as much detail as you can about how to get started up?

Curious as I got to thinking about the old days of AD&D (still got my 1st edition, battered, well used manuals) and thought it would be cool to get back into some good pencilwork on graph paper.

Oz
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:51 am

Messiah
Oz, we had some great times playing D&D 3.0 and 3.5 around here. It became difficult to reconcile schedules for play as some of us developed lives. We have had a few successful campaigns and as many aborted starts.

I really think D&D works online, in the best way we currently might replicate table top experience, but it depends upon players who are willing to role-play and can see the long game. In an era of comparatively instant gratification via Online RPGs with imagination-free graphics, it is hard to find gamers with the patience and creativity to endure a traditional RPG.

Count me in for any initiative for a tradtional RPG here. Doubly so if Chim is involved. Talon, NF, and Rock have also been regulars in the D&D campaigns here. Many others have joined from time to time.

Be the boss of it, Oz. I am behind it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:26 pm

Ozone
I'm finishing up exams and then the holidays loom upon us. But, if enough interest and those interested can devise a schedule for a day a month, I'd be willing to make a push for it.

Unfortunately my D&D gaming ended somewhere around the release of Ravenloft some 20 years ago, though I've often thought about it and have desired getting back into it for a while.

Perhaps, for the time being we might consider something starting in mid/late January? 3.5 rules? We can make a semi-schedule of maybe meeting the second Sunday of every month or such (and if someone cant make it, we give it a shot the following Sunday).

If this sounds good, can you drop me some info on some of the latest net resources you guys have used with success? Is character creation a matter of trust or is there a place we can link up giving us voice chat and an on-line die roller?

First session could be a chat, getting to know each other (or catching up), drinking a few beers, having some stupid convo, deciding on DM and adventure, and rolling up our characters.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Return to “Tabletop RPGs”