TableTop Games

Roll the dice! Formerly the D&D Forum.

Moderators: Global Moderators, D&D Moderators

TableTop Games

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:55 pm

Whizbang
Figured this would fit in here as well, right alongside PnP RPGs. Right now my wife and I have been enjoying our time playing Elder Sign, Call of Cthulhu LCG, and Lord of the Rings LCG. We've also been playing a lot of Ticket to Ride.

Anyone else play tabletop boardgames/card games? If so, what do you play and what do you think of them?
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

Re: TableTop Games

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:30 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
This is a realm I would really like to get into at the moment. I have my eye on D&D especially, but I'd really like to try and learn to play some good tabletop RPGs at some point. The trouble, of course, is finding somewhere to start and someone to start with.

So right now, I'm not playing any, but I'm wanting to! I will look up the ones you've listed and read up a bit methinks :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:53 am

Chimera
I've been playing Settlers every now and again with a group, and the old Avalon Hill game Dune. I've been trying to get a game of Axis and Allies going; we'll see how successful I am.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:57 pm

Zephir
Chimera wrote:I've been playing Settlers every now and again with a group, and the old Avalon Hill game Dune. I've been trying to get a game of Axis and Allies going; we'll see how successful I am.
Oooo Axis and Allies haven't played that in a long while have you tried http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki

Maybe you could persuade some people around here to play a game or two.

Zeph
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:21 pm

Chimera
Maybe. I almost let myself get brought into a game of Diplomacy. I'm considering other games at the moment as well...
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

Return to “Tabletop RPGs”