Fantasy Premier League

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

Re: Fantasy Premier League

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:09 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SL33PY wrote:Aston villa is playing two games in this gameweek, 2 times the points :D
Indeed, so are West Ham. I've moved ahead my plans to bring in Milner for Lennon to ensure full use of the opportunity. Could do with Villa winning both without conceding :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:41 am

Isileth
Since Villa are going twice im holding on any changes, actually works out well as my next move was to remove Lampard but not have a big replacement elsewhere, so next week I get 2 and can bring in a big striker.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:14 pm

Whizbang
This week has probably been the worst for me since the start of the season. I actually took some negative points from players due to their red cards. I can only hope the subsequent weeks provide me a bit more luck than this previous one did.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:34 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Mechanus wrote:This week has probably been the worst for me since the start of the season. I actually took some negative points from players due to their red cards. I can only hope the subsequent weeks provide me a bit more luck than this previous one did.
Ouch. I had not noticed that. But you'll still pick up some extras when changes are processed. Who will your backup Captain be? You'll get 6 plus however many they bring in. Last year if your Captain didn't play, you didn't get the Captain's bonus at all, so you are at least lucky in that respect.

Irritating that Cuellar got sent off too, since now you'll miss the Villa bonus. Hope your luck turns next week :(
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:10 am

Whizbang
Anubis wrote:
Mechanus wrote:This week has probably been the worst for me since the start of the season. I actually took some negative points from players due to their red cards. I can only hope the subsequent weeks provide me a bit more luck than this previous one did.
Ouch. I had not noticed that. But you'll still pick up some extras when changes are processed. Who will your backup Captain be? You'll get 6 plus however many they bring in. Last year if your Captain didn't play, you didn't get the Captain's bonus at all, so you are at least lucky in that respect.

Irritating that Cuellar got sent off too, since now you'll miss the Villa bonus. Hope your luck turns next week :(
I have my Captain set up for value so Torres will become my captain at the change. Still, not good to find Jones and Cuellar hit with reds. I might consider trading out Jones for another striker as I can't live much off of Torres alone. I'm not sure. I need to look over my squad and begin considering some trades rather soon to help stave off any long term point damage.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:24 pm

SL33PY
I'm slowly gaining up on places 2 and 1

This weekend is going to be very exciting :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:26 pm

Isileth
Well my big transfers have just come in for this week. Lampard out but Fabregas and Van Persie in. Hopefully that will mean a big haul this week.

Now getting to the less important changes I want to make. just hoping none of my big hitters gets taken out for any reason.

Only reason im still in the lead is because Anny has been taking penalties for extra transfers.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:54 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Isileth wrote:Only reason im still in the lead is because Anny has been taking penalties for extra transfers.
Indeed. Now those days are over and your time on top is coming to a close ;)

I think that your transition period will be more painful for you than it was for me, simply because of the situation you're now in with such reliance on Stoke, Arsenal and Villa. I went out of my way to avoid that, and probably lost myself 10-20 points by doing so, but I saved myself maybe 30 too. I am hoping that I'll be able to use that pain to build myself up a little buffer over you before your transition is concluded. Should be interesting to see whether it works out that way.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:38 pm

Whizbang
Well, I went in and made some changes to my squad in hopes that I'll see better luck come week after next. I sent Clichy out and brought in Assou-Ekotto since Clichy suffered injury and could be out for awhile and I also brought in Dunne for Cuellar in hopes that I could see more points there. I went into my midfield and got rid of Modric, which was a hard thing for me to do what with him being a good attacking midfielder and replaced him with Barry. Then I replace Kenwyne Jones with Peter Crouch. That one I am not too sure on and figure it could bite me in the ass but I'm taking a shot with it.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:37 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Dunne in particular should prove a very good move, but in general I really hope your moves pay off for you. I'm not so sure about Crouch either to tell you the truth though, as he is not getting a lot of gametime at Spurs currently. Bent has proven himself in great form so far, and he is my 'cheap' striker as a result of that.

Did you play your transfer wildcard? Or will you be taking heavy penalties next week?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:13 am

Whizbang
Anubis wrote:Dunne in particular should prove a very good move, but in general I really hope your moves pay off for you. I'm not so sure about Crouch either to tell you the truth though, as he is not getting a lot of gametime at Spurs currently. Bent has proven himself in great form so far, and he is my 'cheap' striker as a result of that.

Did you play your transfer wildcard? Or will you be taking heavy penalties next week?
I took an 8 point hit for my transfers. I'm saving my wildcard until the holiday break when we'll know how the players are going to do in the second half of the season. I took a risk with Crouch, but I couldn't find anyone in the 7pt range that I would trust to give up reasonable points.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:53 am

SL33PY
dag nabbit, I should have benched Kompany and Leave Milner in place. That cost me 11 points

I shouldn't be so darned arsed towards Belgian players, with the exception of Vermaelen, they aren't doing so good atm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:13 pm

Whizbang
Don't know why or how, but I grabbed more negative points with Ab Faye getting a red card. I think I'm on a bit of an unlucky streak this season. I'll have to hope that Reina makes a lot of saves and Torres scores a few goals to help boost me up else I have another sub-par week in the bag.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:48 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Been a great week for me, despite Faye Ab being sent off and Bent missing his penalty. If Torres does his job tonight then it could well be my best ever - 2-3 goals should do it.

That said, as I said to Isi in IRC yesterday, I'm in two minds about whether to drop Torres after this due to injury concerns. Can't afford to have him scoring nothing whilst out injured when Van Persie is rolling in points at present. It's an international break next week, so I may put off my decision until after the games have been played and we can see what shape Torres is in. We'll see.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:53 am

Isileth
Wow, its really close now, 317, 317, 316......233 (:p)

I was worried at first with only 4 of us we wouldn't be competing so much but its turned out very good so far.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:30 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
:eek:

What what what? How in heavens name have I been leapfrogged? I did not even have you in contention for second place for a few weeks yet SL33PY - I'll have to check the points breakdown to see how you did it later this afternoon.

It's all Torres' fault - so close to my best ever score of 71. Since he's going to be out for three weeks now, provided Van Persie does not get injured during the Internationals I will be picking him up as a replacement. Means I'll be more reliant on Arsenal than I like, but I see no other alternative.

Next gameweek, first place will be mine once again ;)

Also Isi, you are right. I did not imagine the league would be so competitive when we set it up - turned out far better than I was expecting. Hopefully it'll continue to be so for the rest of the season. If so, hopefully we'll be able to expand it to a few more people for next season if the interest is still there for all four of us!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:22 am

Whizbang
With a heavy heart I traded Torres a few days ago and brought in Drogba to try and bring in some points to help put me back in the race. It was almost painful to do but I did it. The moment Torres is back and playing I'm kicking Drogba to the dogs and bringing back in the golden boy.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:36 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Mechanus wrote:With a heavy heart I traded Torres a few days ago and brought in Drogba to try and bring in some points to help put me back in the race. It was almost painful to do but I did it. The moment Torres is back and playing I'm kicking Drogba to the dogs and bringing back in the golden boy.
A wise move. If he picks up again, I'd have to consider dropping Van Persie for him again too :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:37 am

SL33PY
:eek: I jumped Anubis

Whoohoo! It might be valid for only a few days so here I go:

In Homer Voice: "I'm Number 1, I'm Number 1!"
;D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:25 pm

Whizbang
Just saw that Van Persie picked up an injury while playing for Netherlands. That has to be a real kicker for you what with having just transfered him in.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:42 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Thankfully I haven't yet. I was waiting until after the Internationals for just this reason - to make sure no-one got injured.

My striking setup looks in very poor shape for the next week though it is true. Drogba is out for a few weeks with a broken rib apparently, Torres has not recovered yet, and the guy I was going to turn to as backup (Van Persie) could be out for the rest of the season.

I'll have to see how things develop this week and decide what to do maybe on Friday. All is very unclear at the moment :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:57 am

Whizbang
Drogba picked up an injury? :smack: Time to find another striker to put in while Torres recovers.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:24 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Mechanus wrote:Drogba picked up an injury? :smack: Time to find another striker to put in while Torres recovers.
Leave him for now. He may have recovered soon. He broke a rib against us last weekend.

Prognosis was 3 weeks iirc, which is just about what Torres' was too. So I'm holding off changing either until firmer estimates emerge later this week.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:30 pm

Whizbang
Have you heard anything about whether Drogba will be deemed match fit for the weekend? I haven't heard anything and want to make sure I have my team set up by tomorrow morning in hopes of making up some lost points.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:57 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Not heard anything since I read about his broken rib. Since there are still Internationals going on tonight, I'll be checking tomorrow to make sure I have all the right information.

I'll post here when I check up with whatever his status is if you like :)

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”